World Championships 2010 Day 7 - Finals (Sunday, Aug-29)

Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by chris-ccc, Aug 28, 2010.

1. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Here is mine:

XD : Bo ZHENG [8] / Jin MA- Hanbin HE [6] / Yang (F) YU
    MS : Taufik HIDAYAT [5] - Jin CHEN [4]
    WS : Wang LIN [7] - Xin WANG [3]
    WD: Jin MA [1] / Xiaoli WANG - Jing DU [2] / Yang (F) YU
    MD: Kien Keat KOO [1] / Boon Heong TAN - Yun CAI / Haifeng FU [5]

as much as i admire TH's talent he is just too old against the young CJ.
    as for MAS pair i'm sure they will collapse under pressure, nothing new there.

#21 AlanY, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hmm, you are putting me in a precarious position..:eek:

Well, since you asked, if i were The Wild Child of Badminton, this is what i would do:
    1. First, I would get down on my knees and pray Chen Jin would wake up on the wrong side of the bed in the morning..
    2. Then i would watch all of the video matches between myself and CJ to study his tendencies..
    3. Then i would ask one of my assistants to go and ask one of the CHN team's coaches to go on a breakfast run and ask abt tips on playing CJ..
    4. And finally, i would use a lot delaying game/stalling tactic by taking a lot of towel breaks in between every other points..

*are you smiling??..;)

..(seriously) actually i would do roughly the same as you wrote/suggested; imo, net/front court play is Taufik's specialty or best friend and if that's taken away, then i don't know what other plan he could use to be effective..but then, reality is, it's easier said than done..

#22 ctjcad, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Yes;) the way however, that Taufik has played so far this week, is the best I have seen him play in a while. Hopefully he can go all the way:)

Yes it is, btw would you say my coaching advice is any good ? :p

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..like they often say, "if it sounds good for you, it sounds good to me"..:cool:

5. Isometric_kid

Isometric_kid Regular Member

Student
    1. Tony Gunawan did it after 5 years
    2. Taufik hasn't won this WC yet.

6. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I hope tonight's double game fu hai feng & cai yu can win, bring back some pride as Lin dan & wang yihan out. Again J.S & Lee yong dae not in final , I didnt wan Malaysia to win!

I also hope Chen Jin win against Taufik tonight so as to bring glory to china.

7. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Here are my predictions :

Taufik Hidayat vs Chen Jin
    Everyone practically ruled out Taufik Hidayat. He was supposed to be a player who is past his prime, so few gave him a chance to get past Lee Chong Wei. But, after a hiccup against Hsieh Yu Hsin, he regained his prime form minus the stamina to thrash Tanongsak in the third round, break down Lee Chong Wei in the QF and then rallied his way past Park Sung Hwan in the SF. Can he win it a second time? He has the skills, but I think Chen Jin will target his stamina. Chen Jin to win.

Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong vs Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng
    Despite little training together, Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng has really came all out and on fire in this World Championships. They clobbered two world class players with ease (Kido-Setiawan and Boe-Mogensen) and although Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong are on fire themselves, I don't think they can get past Cai/Yun Fu Haifeng although all Malaysian fans are praying for Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong's success. I have said before that Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng and Jung Jae Sung-Lee Yong Dae are the favourites to nail this one. Unless the China pair suddenly goes all off-form, they should win a third title.

Now for the all China matches, I will only highlight who I think will win.

Zheng Bo-Ma Jin vs He Hanbin-Yu Yang

Ma Jin-Wang Xiaoli vs Du Jing-Yu Yang

Wang Lin vs Wang Xin

They must be fair, give one to Ma Jin and one to Yu Yang! :D

Prediction : China to make a clean sweep at the event this time! :eek:

8. nellute

nellute Regular Member

It is quite boring to watch Chen Jin's game. He has no obvious weapon. Lack of characteristic, that is what I would say.

His strength is he makes very very few mistakes (even under pressure). And his court coverage is superb.

TH is in top form. The only question is probably his stamina and his will to win.

I will pick TH since he is more hungry now.

9. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Still in disbelief that Kindra got demolished by CY/FHF.....

All the best of luck for Taufik. He'll be fighting an uphill battle. Must take the 1st set to stand a chance, but sometimes Taufik's stamina amazes me.....hopefully tomorrow will be one of those day.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    a little word about China clean sweep of the world championships.

i don't think it will happen this time. it is too difficult. my predictions are simply predictions. and the compound probability of both happening is slim.

having said that, the only time in history where a county has clean swept the world championships was in 1987 by China. at that time, China was at the peak in their badminton domination. the 5 winners were:

MS: Yang Yang
    WS: Han Aiping
    MD: Li Yongbo / Tian Bingyi
    WD: Lin Ying / Guan Weizhen
    XD: Wang Pengren / Shi Fangjing

as i said, i am not sure if it will happen again this time. it is probably the closest they will get to it for a long time, but still a tall order.

11. maknyos

maknyos Regular Member

student
    very funny to read prediction friends on this forum, from yesterday's Taufik Hidayat almost never predicted to win but just to win and many others, seem arbitrary hahahaha, but his name was also predicted no problems lah, should I be ordered to taufik hidayat predicted to lose again :D, Taufik Hidayat GO GO GO, KKK/TBH GO GO GO

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    another interesting statistics.

as i mentioned, only China managed to grab all 5 WC titles in 1987.

other times however, other country have been able to have gain a spot in all 5 finals:

- Indonesia in 1980
    - China in 1987
    - China in 2010

that's it. it requires a lot of depth and breath to be able to get into all the 5 finals. China in the late 1990s and 2000s have come close a few times with representatives in 4 finals, but their weak MD always proved to be a problem.

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I predicted : MS to TH and MD to CY/FHF, the rest i dont care !!

TH has the experience to win in WC final and he is not under pressure, in a very relax mode in this WC....thats have brought him till this Final....

As for MD, KKK/TBH may just collapse under huge pressure, and CY/FHF have all the experiences playing in Major Finals and hve won twice in WC........So just hope KKK/TBH able to turn the table this time after being trashed in TC............

14. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Chen Jin's Uphill Task

Tonight is Chen Jin's chance to prove whether he is a worthy successor to Lin Dan.

Playing against old Gade he used the same tactic as Sun Jun did against Gade in the 1999

Sudirman Cup or LD against Gade in 2004 AE. Stress out Gade in the 1st set, make him sweat it out,

then up the pace.As usual Gade became a passenger in the decider.

But against resurgent Taufik it may not work as Taufik outlasted LCW over 3 sets.Obviously Taufik

like Koo & Tan have banked everything on just this championship and is about the form in 2004 Olympics.

Wonder what the tactics would be, doubtful that CJ can run down Taufik or return every shot. Maybe

mind games, irritate Taufik by pretending to manipulate the shuttle or play constantly at a very hot pace?

15. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    CHN for the sweep. Taufik has an even chance to prevent that.

16. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Cai Yun and Fu Hai Feng's big date

From the thrashing of Ina in the semis, Cai & Fu must really have prepared well for this tournament.

Still fresh and well motivated just like Koo & Tan, unlike LD or LCW.

A very tight contest ,if Cai & Fu win they will probably be the first triple world champs.

If Koo & Tan win it will be a record and the media and politicians will be banging their gongs.

Appears though that Koo & Tan are still not as sharp as Cai & Fu, it all depends whether Koo is

inspired at the net or whether Tan knows how to confuse opponents by mixing up his smashes a
    bit.

17. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Wang Lin-Play like a man and show the way

Wang Lin's awesome demolition of Tina Baun showed an alternate playing style that

her compatriots are incapable off, low serves, tight net and booming smashes, playing like a man

just like Tina. Tina was completely taken by surprise in the semis by such a display.

Maybe China will learn that her style may be better against the physical challenge of

players like Tina, Schenk, Saina.

Looks like Wang Xin is going to be demolished.

18. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

MXD Final

An opportunity for Zheng Bo to redeem himself.

Still chubby but with a wider range of skills.

We will probably see tonight whether Ma Jin has come off age or whether Yu Yang is still the master.

19. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Hope Taufik slaps Chen Jin :)!!
    And CY/FHF annihilate KKK/TBH!!! :):)

20. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

CY/FHF have been in supreme form at the TC/UC and this WC. I honestly think that they can go all the way to the OG 2012 this time!