Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by george@chongwei, Aug 9, 2010.
..courtesy of bwfbadminton.org..
..courtesy of bwfbadminton.org..
..courtesy of bwfbadminton.org..last but not least the XD..
LCW is WR1, LD is WR3...shouldn't it be 1 and 4 in one half and 2 and 3 in the other?
1 will be at the top, 2 at the bottom. 3 and 4 can be in any of their half, but can only meet this top seeds at SF. From 5-8, two are in the top half where they should meet the 1st and 3/4th seed in the quarters, another two at the bottom half, same thing except meet 2nd and 3/4th seed in QF.
Last tournament for Jonas and Lars I believe? Lars is retiring after this tournament correct?
What a pity that Chen Long could not play...
Yes. I'm sure they will give it their all, like the All-England. All the best to these two!
LD already won 3 in a row. He'll let LCW win it. lol.
But not directly!
He might be giving a second chance to Bao Bao!
No ..he'll give it for the highest price !!
Courtesy of The Star
Olympic champs may boycott Paris
SINGAPORE: Indonesia’s Olympic and former world badminton doubles champion Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan are threatening to boycott this month’s World Championships in Paris over a row with their national federation.
The duo, ranked second in the world, are upset because the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) failed to enter them in the China Masters, a leg of the lucrative Super Series tour.
“If we can’t play, then we won’t represent our country in the world meet,” Markis told the Jakarta Globe.
“In our contract with our sponsor, the worlds is not a mandatory event but the China Masters is.
“We were ready to play in Paris and represent our country. In fact, we were going to use our own money just to get there. But I think we have to think things over now.”
The PBSI said the 2007 world champions had failed to file the proper paperwork and therefore could not be entered for the China Masters, which takes place from Sept 14-19.
The World Championships take place in Paris from Aug 23-29. — Reuters
Is it already for sure they will withdraw?
Or is there any chance they will play?
If they withdraw, is it only M.Kido and H Setiawan or the whole national team?
Thank god, Taufik is a player on his own now, we will come for sure
according to newest report, kido/hendra officially will go to paris
the problem has already been solved
thus, no withdrawal from ina's camp so far
yap, Kido has been back on track, ready to represent INA in WC ... too bad they won't play in China Masters, however, they'll play in Japan
Vita Marissa also almost misses Japan SS due to the same case as KiNdra...
These are the players that I have grown to dislike and I will be hoping that they will not do well in this grand tournament. For the good of badminton, I pray for their early disposal because champions they are definitely not - not even a whisker. They are:
1. Mathias Boe/Carsten Morgensen - Boe is definitely the greater of the 2 evils by a huge margin. His gamesmanship and temper is well-known amongst discerning fans. One does not need to look far for a direct opposite to their despicable behaviour; just turn to their team-mates Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen. They are excellent ambassador of the game and good example of how respectful players should be of their opponents, the game & their fans. A well-deserved All-England Doubles Champion for 2010 & I guess I will be rooting for them up to a certain stage of the tournament.
Brice Leverdez (France) - I saw him played against Derek Wong (S'pore) in the Canadian Open & Carl Baxter (England) in the US Open and realised how crafty he can be just to win a point or the game. His ugly side really shone disgustingly in those 2 matches which I had the misfortune of witnessing. A true sportsman would not resort to such detestable tactics. Knowing how crafty he is, he would probably just feign ignorance or innocence to all his craftiness and dubious strategies. His conscious will creep up and haunt him one day. I would also like to see how far he can progress as a player and in life with his little bagful of cheap tricks.
why Do you simply like him more than the 3 players representing China - so it's a pity for you that his perfomence was not good enough to join this time the CN squad- but he's got still chances for Olympics in 2016 - just keep on watching him buddy
I do not hope that you want to increase the number of players from one country playing in WC or OG - buddy, 3 are enough- the podium offers only 3 chairs everything different would be counterproductively for the idea of promoting baddy all over the world and spreading the baddy virus to new areas Therefore the limit of 3 players per category is ok, no need to discuss - even though I would like to see Hayom on court instead of some guys running the courts up and down just in order to gift the points