Yonex 9829 (802-9) Racket Bag!

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by DinkAlot, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I think the white "female orientated" bag is quite nice. I guess it'll be like the Arc9 with the majority of users being female but a small following from male badminton players as well.

May I ask if you have actually done a proper JP vs non JP comparison on Yonex products before?

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    What do you want to know about? Rackets? Bags? Shirts? Socks? What kind of comparison ? eg?

3. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Just any information you can provide really. Rackets are probably most of interest to me though. As to the comparison, it'd be good to compare the rackets from a performance point of view but quality of finish is also of interest.

Strings would also be really interesting to compare for performance and durability.

I considered doing a test comparing JP to non-JP and maybe will one day but right now, I don't have the time and couldn't justify the fairly large expense when it comes to the rackets. Add this on top of being sponsored by Karakal, and so, only really being allowed to play with Karakal gear (strings are an exception), the experiment is one I would love to do and probably will do one day but not right now.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Dan .. i will PM you my answer for your question.

5. Changsta

Changsta Regular Member

I have a JP Version of the bag and I agree the JP version is definantly better quality and i think looks nicer, the only downside to this bag is that it has only two compartment, one mediumish (if thats a word) and one massive. plus the shoe compartment cannot really be used as if you have a number of rackets the shoes wont fit in correctly.

If this bag had the 3 compartments like the previous model i would give it 10 out of 10

To Ants......Are regular purchaser or seller of the latest Yonex Products?

6. asderin

asderin Regular Member

Student
    hey..can anybody post more detailed pictures of yonex 9824-6 bag?

7. parmar88

parmar88 Regular Member

Accountant
    sorry to bring this issue back again, but I've just spent £40 on this white Yonex bag. I'm getting quite paranoid now that people are saying it's for female players.

have many guys actually bought this bag? I don't think the one I have has glitter on the Yonex logo itself but I feel put off and i'm considering returning it when it arrives tomorrow :S

Can anyone change my mind? :S

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Dont worry Parmar88. I have one extra white BAG JP version. And i intend to use it as well. So dont worry. It wont make me girly either. Btw i've seen some pros and guys who is using it also.

And if you use the white bag.. im sure many girls will check you and your bag out. ;).

9. parmar88

parmar88 Regular Member

Accountant
    Thanks for the confidence. I think I will try it out at the clubs I attend and depending on the number of sarky comments I get against the good ones, I'll either keep it or let it go.

Having said this, I starting searching again for bags. I'm came across the Babolat 6 racket bag and it looks amazing.

It's for tennis rackets but if I'm not wrong, badminton and tennis bags are very similar if not the same in most cases dimensions wise. This site shows the one I'm quoting:

http://www.tennisnuts.com/ishop/677/shopscr4184.html

Has anyone got this bag and or can anyone comment on it's features??

thanks!

10. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

Sir DinkAlot,

is the inside lining tough? well stiched? my yonex bag is tearing inside :crying:

11. adlim

adlim Regular Member

My current tennis bag. It is actually much bigger than the average badminton 6 racket bag. The quality is superb. Least worried about tears as the sewing is thick and strong. Withstands weight very well. The shoulder pads are thick cushioned as stated. Personally I feel it might be a bit big for a badminton bag, but I guess its up to personal preference.

12. ants

ants Regular Member

The Yonex bag lining is very tough inside. :) Trust me. Well i dont know about those normal Yonex bags since all my Yonex Bags are JP version. I've used one for traveling and sometimes the bag can hold about 20kg or more worth of stuffs. Trust me.. 20KGs+ behind my back, hand carry to the plane. Been using it for years. And it still holds. No tears.
    Thats for my Yonex bags. I'm sure other brands like Babolat,Wilson is also durable as well. But i guess they are heavier.

13. parmar88

parmar88 Regular Member

Accountant

Thanks for that info Adlim!
    I feel better about it being tough as I'm not the light handed type of user :eek:
    The bag being bigger I guess is a bonus as it can be used for other purposes. I want to modify the bag anyway to include an internal shoe compartment that can be accessed from the outside with a zip. I think its a great idea that Yonex have got in a few of their bags.

Also - I was doing some research on racket bag sizes. Alot of them seem to be the same size. There is the odd few bags that are specifically designed for badminton rackets however generally they cater for both. It's what I've found anyway - others may have different opinions :rolleyes:

About the Yonex 9826 White Bag I've got that with me at the moment and to be honest it has suprised me with the quality and space however it's going to be returned as it can get dirty very easily. But if you don't mind that, it's well worth it. I would say that the lining inside is fairly durable but it still can be damaged if not careful. I still have a mixed opinion about it. :p It's definitely a bag that will be noticed and looks striking but it depends on how long you can have it looking like that :)

#73 parmar88, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  14. loggietoh2003

loggietoh2003 Regular Member

Army Officer
    Bag

How much did you pay for the bag? Very cool indeed!:D

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Can you post the picture of your white bag? I have not seen one up close. Would like to compare it with the JP version.

16. parmar88

parmar88 Regular Member

Accountant
    Sure no problem. I'll try get them up by this weekend when I get back home.;)

17. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

ants, you have the 9829? where did you get your JP bags from?

18. Chee_Khang

Chee_Khang Regular Member

Student

Does that mean you hand carry your bag and the rackets inside with a total of 20kg then hand carry into the plane? Is it possible to carry badminton rackets by hand? I thought they have restricted badminton racket being hand carry!!

19. ants

ants Regular Member

I carry rackets and other items on board. YES total 20kg or more. Im not aware of the restriction of hand carrying rackets on board. The staffs didnt stop me.

20. Chee_Khang

Chee_Khang Regular Member

Student
    Wow.. 20kg as hand carry.. That's really unbelieveable... By the way are you travelling domestically o internationally?