Yonex Aerobite Boost

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by fiq_axis, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Kenny Ng

Kenny Ng New Member

Been using on my 3 different rackets, kinda like the smashing feeling, but the Aerosonic (0.61mm) string too easy to break on all 3 rackets within 2 months! I only play twice a week and I'm not a real power smasher among my group members. Stop using it after 4th time and now back to BG80P & NBG98 which can last longer, really hate to go shop restring, waste time (send in today, next day collect), money and most hate to look for car park before enter to shop for restring :p

2. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

need more colour options!

SweString likes this.
  3. llrr

llrr Regular Member

That's quite a bit of hate for something you have to do as part of this sport o_O

4. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

Strange. ABBT is much more durable than NBG98 and slightly more than BG80P for me.

5. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    I presume a lot of slice drops and half smashes cause aerosonic cross to fail.

Also improper racket storage (ie. under heat or direct sunlight) do effect the durability of strings and racket itself.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

6. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Half smashes?

Mishits, slices and full smashes. Anything that makes the strings move or stretch the most.

7. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    I meant sliced half smash.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

8. Belgian

Belgian Regular Member

student
    I like bg80, but it's a bit too hard on my wrist and arm. I tries bg80p instead, but I feel like I'm losing control because there's too much repulsion (e.g. when I play a long shot close to the net it goes out).

Someone suggested aerobite boost in another thread. Could this string be what I'm looking for? I like sliced dropshots. May this cause the thin crosses to break very fast? Or is the durability ok?

#88 Belgian, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  9. Eix82

Eix82 New Member

I used to play with BG80 but now I like the Aerobite boost more, though it's definitely a hard-feeling string like bg80. One curious thing about ABBT is, that atleast for me, the first session with a fresh string, I hate it, second time it starts to be better and from third session onwards I love it (when bg80 played its best fresh and then slowly went downhill). So it seems to need to settle in or something, so if you try it fresh off the stringers, give it a few sessions before you decide.
    And it's playable (=keeps its tension) for longer than bg80.

Though, if bg80 is too hard (so most likely abbt will be aswell), why not try regular aerobite, that's medium feeling, not as hard as bg80 or abbt, but still a good control string.