Yonex ALL ENGLAND Open SS Premier 2015 : The FINALS (8th March 2015)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England Open / Swiss Open 2015' started by CLELY, Mar 7, 2015.

1. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Don't like this combo. Neither can kill. ZN needs a high risk/high reward partner, like ZYL. If Xu Chen is in better shape, he might work.

2. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    I've just watched the match and seen Fu courtside with ZN while the Danish pair were being interviewed. He looked absolutely distraught and on the verge of tears. I've not seen him looking so bad since the exit in the 2007 world championships to CTF/LWW.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

He would feel bad. He made a lot of mistakes in the second half of the second game. And I mean lots. The final failed net kill is the nail in the coffin.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

A second AE triumphant for Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei (2010), Chen Long (2013) and Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen (2011) while it's maiden AE title for Carolina Marin and Bao Yixin/Tang Yuanting, congrats to all winners!

Zhang/Zhao was really total commanding in final yesterday, made lop-sided duel as Ahmad/Natsir applied wrong strategy, pretty passive and produced many uncharacteristic errors. Hard for the defending champion to turn the table after trailed so much points behind. Zhang/Zhao was faster, more accurate attacking style combined with solid defense.

Two matches in singles category were very interesting. Marin proves her WC title isn't one hit wonder as she did to create history once again in big event All England, she has stronger stamina and determination after led in second game as deciding game was gone case for Nehwal.

Match of final day certainly is 87 mins MS showdown. Chen Long showed his maturity how to handle under pressure situation. At first game, the World Champion looked more nervous than his Danish rival. Jorgensen played superbly in game 1 with body smash and good attacking skill. Too bad he couldn't keep that style as Chen Long started to up his game and more confidence grew when he led at early stage of game 2. We saw some amazing defense skills from world #1, long rallies drained stamina and it happened to Jorgensen in decider while Chen Long raised his tempo. A little bit drama at match point 20-12 when Jorgensen challenged and he did it successfully to delay final match from finish line, he scored three points more before Chen Long smashed to bag second All England title. It's really entertaining clash!

Huge upset for CHN youngster Bao/Tang to stun formidable senior teammate Wang/Yu. Last match, Fu/Zhang wasn't play so good as they did at previous rounds, Boe/Mogensen was still focus particulary in critical point.

5. lurker

lurker Regular Member

Quick question on Wang/Yu combo..
    Wang seems to have some sort of belt packs seen behind her on waist area. Anyone notice tht and know what items is it?

Also men's singles are wearing calf compression now during play.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Just belt support for the back. Likely for recurrent low back aches. Cai Yun always wore one.

7. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    Although I hate BOE /Mogenson but so glad they won. I can't digest chinese dominance .

8. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Maybe you should have your digestive system checked up on, it seems like a pretty serious illness ;)

9. sh_shashi1

Student
    Why is that ?? Whom I like and do not like is my personal opinion . I am not imposing my views on any one . And I am free to have my liking . Dont get me wrong but i always support the underdogs , if other country starts to dominate I wont digest that either .

#549 sh_shashi1, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Looks to me volcom made a light attempt at a joke. Don't be too serious about it. :)

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Agree. Total domination by a single country in any sport is not interesting.
    You may have inadvertently annoyed the Jia You fans with your comments.
    It's hard for them to accept opinions opposite to theirs.
    It would have been great if INA pair had won the XD. To have a better spread of the titles.

12. lzhaol

lzhaol Regular Member

Q: What would u like to say to the fabulous chinese fans in the arena
    TYT: I feel that, even though we have support from fellow chinese in overseas tournaments, theres also fans from England and around the world in the crowd watching us and we would like to thank them as well

*Grabbing the mike*
    "i like to try"

"I think..this is.. i stand here to say something to you all, and thanks for the support..."

13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Maybe for Tokyo 2020, the Japanese government will only allow one player or pair from each country for each discipline. :eek:

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    In china badminton is very competitive. Hence they will excel well. Current coaching staff with lin Dan support also helps. Well done. ;)

15. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    I love badminton, very competitive with different countries winning.
    Big congratulations to China, Spain and Denmark for winning here.

16. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

Very detail analysis and sum up of the final Clely. Just want to add that Saina and Carolina both have very similar style of play. Even the way they walk around the court in between play is the same. It's like watching Saina losing to her younger self when Carolina up the pace in second and third set. It is a good day for Badminton sports, hopefully her win will encourage more interest in Europe.

Jorgensen shows a great spirit when he still managed to give a cheeky smile during the challenge at match point. On the venue, suspense music was played, and that really humor the crowds. He showed great sportsmanship in defeat, even requesting shirt swap from Chen Long. Even the China crowd cheered for him in the final points after the challenge. A truly remarkable AE final.

17. Mr Norak

Mr Norak Regular Member

I am at Heathrow airport waiting for a flight and I just saw Kenichi Tago and Kento Momota (there were two other people with them but I didn't recognise them). I jumped in front of them but then froze and the only thing I could think of to say was "Kenichi!". He looked at me like I was crazy so then I embarrassedly walked away. If you read this Kenichi, I am not crazy! I was just star struck!

18. Mr Norak

Mr Norak Regular Member

Slightly better social interaction with Chen Long - I calmly approached him and said "Congratulations on winning". I'm sure he didn't have a clue what I was saying but I feel less of a plonker now.

19. sh_shashi1

Student
    Do a google translate and speak respective language next time if lucky . if they are Indian or danish they will understand English . just other question , do the Chinese really don't know English or they prefer to speak in their mother tongue ?

20. Mr Norak

Mr Norak Regular Member

I didn't really have time as they were walking past me. I should have said something more recognisable like "Badminton!" or "All England!".

I saw Chen Jin in a shop too but based on recent experience I decided against introducing myself :p I took a rubbish photo of the rest of the Chinese team though[​IMG]