Yonex Armortec 800 Defense

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by vienly, Dec 1, 2017.

1. vienly

vienly Regular Member

Networking
    Does anyone know if the Yonex Armortec 900 Technique is the replacement for Yonex Armortec 800 Defense?
    How close/comparible is the 900 tech to the 800 de?

Thanks

2. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

I had never owned any of them but based on dry swings AT800D is somewhat easier to manouver + stiffer. I liked it better but didn't buy it, it was 3-4yrs ago. Just my 2c..

#2 sautom88, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    vienly likes this.
  3. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I used to have the 800D and LOVED it. 900 series was not the same at all. 800D was faster and hit harder for me.

4. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

I used to own the 900 technique. Based on the racket specs, it's definitely a racket for offensive players due to its head heaviness. I had to let it go as i found the overall weight of the racket too much for my arm. It's been taken over by my Apacs Virtuoso Performance at first and now Ashaway X-Fire and X-Speed2. ;-))

As for 800 Defense, with its "Defense" reference, it should be quite obvious a racket for defense. Lol.

5. Acrimony

Acrimony New Member

I have been using a armortec 800d since 2007, it finally broke after 10 years of use. It is not a defense racket, it has balanced weight with stiff shaft. It's actually a offense doubles racket despite its description. There is not such thing as playing defense in doubles, only smash smash smash, or you will lose from getting smashed at.

900t is very similar, leans towards offense. However it has a higher balance point, so it would be in the head heavy category instead of balanced. Would be a good replacement once you have a good smashing technique, but why not get one of the newer rackets instead?

6. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Newer rackets r lighter n faster. However if u hv the skills + strength+stamina, old rackets still feel more 'solid', esp during impact. I still love to use my 2U oval head CAB20 Power for singles but I hardly play singles anymore.