Yonex Armotec 800 OF Vs Gosen WPP Aermet 5300

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by C6Goh, Nov 17, 2006.

1. C6Goh

C6Goh Regular Member

Hi,
    I'd looking for a racket for hard hitter for double games. Understand that Yonex Armotec 800OF & Gosen WPP Aermet 5300 probably fall into this category. Is anybody tried both of this racket before? Which one can generate more power for smashing? Or any other racket that can generate superb power for smashing?

2. event

event Regular Member

Sorry, I have never tried the Yonex so I can't compare. I can certainly vouch for the 5300, though. It is a very powerful racquet. I have two of them. Once you factor in price, I wouldn't think there would be any comparison, if it is indeed true that the 5300 costs only RM299 in KL. I bought my first one for the same price as an AT800 but now the 5300 has come way down in price, from triple the KL price to about double.

I think the kickpoint thing lets the racquet head whip a little when you hit hard but I have no control problems on defensive shots.

I don't know if that helps you at all.

3. C6Goh

C6Goh Regular Member

thank you for your feedback

4. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    I have the Gosen Aeromet 5700 & 3700, both are good rackets for smashing. The rackets have the high quality look and are made in Japan.
    Both are about 2/3 the price of Yonex AT800. Definitely worth a swing if you are thinking about buying a new racket.

5. tubby

tubby Regular Member

I use the AT800 OF and i love it. It took me a couple of re strings to get the optimum string tension for me, but it is a very powerful racket that offers great control. I have it strung with BG80 and it is definately the most power racket i have ever smashed with.

6. DoublesPlayer

DoublesPlayer Regular Member

Engineer
    I cannot agree more with this statement, it's the best combination ... AT800OF with BG80 ... :) ... the racket feels light for defensive play, and strong for drives and smashes ... and the string is durable ...

I've never tried Gosen rackets though ...