Yonex ASTROX 77 (2017)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cycril, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

Nothing to worry, Japan and China had dropped their country codes earlier this year
    Japan switched to the short-lived XF code and promptly to 78 -> 68
    China switched to A4 since the release of the AX77

Junye, swsh and offbad like this.
  2. esppy

esppy Regular Member

That article is a load of cracking bullshit when it comes to the X.

It is the production line number. Most common ones are 2 and 3. Majority of higher ranked/tiered pros (your world stars) use the number 0. That is where you find all the repainted ZF1 D10, funny grip sizes such as 2ug6, and etc. Pictures on the pro racquets thread, not gonna pollute here.

Oh and point 2; serial number on shaft, it is just a number of that frame out of 9,999,999 rackets made at the time. After hitting that number it resets to 0000001 and goes on and on. Has already reset once already during the 2010 or earlier. What "unique racket code that is unique to the country of distribution" ? Prove it! They write stuff thinking they know it all and just bullshit their way through.

Seriously points 5 and 6 are so subjective it feels like it's there to make the article longer.
    JP domestic frames don't come with padded disgusting looking bags, they come in cloth bags. Going by their logic, they must be fake!! BS.

I facepalmed so hard because guys, cmon, there is a sticky right in this forum telling you guys how to decipher the digits!

So @TankQ86 , your AX77 was made 20 September 2017, on production line 2. That is all. Nothing much to think about there. As long as the string of numbers make sense and don't go 885762JP, you're fine.

And Sunrise is in charge of SP and HK region, no idea why HK gets it's own code but they do shuffle the stock around and that's how you got a HK code in MY. If you have the receipt, you're good in warranty claims anyway.

@William86_98 , YES, JP code is NO MORE, and they're now replaced with all sorts of wacko stuff with codes XF, and 68, etc.
    Don't worry; the S mark next to the U and G is still there, and if it doesn't look too elongated or distorted, I would say you're good, too. And I hope you ordered direct from Japan; not some reseller in your country.

TankQ86, garra and swsh like this.
  3. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I can personally vouch for Proshop Yamano. Have bought a lot of stuff from them and never faced an issue. Always has been my go to shop in Rakuten as well even though they are a tad more expensive than chitose. :p

eGnz likes this.
  4. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought its very hard to buy any fake goods in Japan because of the government tough stance. I would've thought this would be especially true for a shop with an online presence.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Okaharu and swsh like this.
  5. esppy

esppy Regular Member

And you still get idiots from time to time buying stuff from even the venerable SHUTTLE HOUSE, receive the products, then take a pic and come on to BC and ask: "Can any kind soul help me verify and double check if my ZF2 is real? JP coded you know? You know?!"

Not sure if they're trying to show off or really doubting their purchases sometimes. (actually, most of the time)

6. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    i agree, this is quite offensive and seriously aggravating to encounter.

7. Guilherme Fontoura

Guilherme Fontoura New Member

8. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Dont need to bother it since you already bought Astrox77, 6 and 7 are just Astrox mid range.

Guilherme Fontoura likes this.
  9. Guilherme Fontoura

Guilherme Fontoura New Member

Oh, thank you, I didn't notice this, I just saw the news and my mind went out for a ride, hahaha, thx again!

10. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Wait until Astrox Z series release in future then only you have a 'ride' in your mind again. :rolleyes:

Guilherme Fontoura likes this.
  11. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

+1 I've never seen counterfeit products in Japan, just lots of counterfeits of Japan products outside of Japan usually made in China.
    Japanese schema condemns counterfeits.

The product market in Japan is very diversified and you see lots of generic goods but never do they imitate and deceive to be a certain brand.

#611 Okaharu, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    swsh likes this.
  12. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    the strange thing is.. the description on the racket (head heavy balance) for me does not really describe the usage, i mean, somehow i felt duora z strike as much more head heavy than AS77. My feeling is messed up maybe.. Good racket for those long days.. Somehow reminds me of N 90 III

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Nah. Nothing messed up. It's basically a VT70 successor in that way. In the head heavy power range but not really.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

14. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

Interesting.. so the astrox has a similar feel to the vt70? I had a hit with a vt70 last week and couldnt feel hardly any weight in the head at all.. if somebody told me it was even balanced i wouldnt of questioned it thats for sure!

15. esppy

esppy Regular Member

If not why do you think Akane, Intanon and Gideon changed from VT70ETN to AX77 as a "natural" marketing progression? A partless 70ETN (an on-point QC one) seriously feels the same in headweight as the AX77 to me at least.

I'm currently in the process of testing a AX77 as well. I've 6 70ETN's here and using them mainly. Couple of them new, but those that are in service, I put no parts on them, and they essentially feel like a Arc11 with a touch more headweight, (not that much less stiff) than Arc11, but the durability of a Voltric for my string tension requirement.

I'm just very piqued about the AX77 being the first Yonex 2+4 on a normal numbered range frame, previous such string pattern deployments are on the Z, i, FB & Glanz (namely non numbered) series. Will that bring a better string tension retention, or a beefier sweetspot, etc? I don't know, time will tell hopefully.

16. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    @esppy
    are you using 3U or 4U VT70?

17. esppy

esppy Regular Member

First ever 3U Voltric I'm using. 4U VT70ETN is just too weak for anything. And hollow feeling.

Anything 80 and above, 4U.

18. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Well.. that could be because my as77 is 4u and my ZStrike are 3Us.. If AS77 is tad a bit stiffer.. (Well.. I, to be honest, doesn't know the reason why i choose DZS over AS77.. DZS just works better for me.)

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Wait, what? Your AX77 is stiffer than your DZS? Are you sure that your DZS is not a fake? o_O

swsh likes this.
  20. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

I was a zf2 user. Decided to purchase an ax77 to test it out.

I ended up flipping the zf2 and go full time with the ax77.

Its less demanding to wield and it felt smoother. Cant really explain the smooth part. It just felt right.

However, both my ax77 has a clicky cone.

LB