Yonex ASTROX 77 (2017)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cycril, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Could simply be dried glue that broke a lil bit inside. I wouldn't worry unless your shaft and handle divorce.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

2. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student

No.. no.. I mean.. If AX77 is a bit stiffer, maybe it would fit me more.

Probably because DZS is stiffer.. (I mean, i just do not know why DZS really fits me so well, i didn't even have to have extra time to adapt after using VTZF2)

In the post before, i said, my feeling could be messed up... I mean DZS, feels more voltric-y to me than AX77.. But that's maybe because the voltrics that i have and had is only the 80 etune and VTZF2... I just don't know..

swsh likes this.
  3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Aaaahhh... okay... now I got it. :)

4. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Not really about the racket, not really for everyone (local), but I think it's still the place to put it:

If someone bought an Astrox 77 in December, he can get a free ticket for semi final day (Saturday) of the German Open 2018, i.e. March 10, 2018.

They just need an email with the serial number (come code), a copied sales receipt and your name and address to mail@yonex.de (re: "ASTROX@YGO18").
    Look at http://www.yonex.de/astroxygo/ for information.

If somebody had bought one and doesn't want to go there, feel free to contact me and share the information ;)
    To clarify, I would pay for it, but I do know people who would be happy to go there and don't want to/cannot pay money for that (university students, mostly).

Ee Soon Yong likes this.
  5. Nor Faizal

Nor Faizal Regular Member

Hi guys, I recently bought the 3UG5 of Astrox 77. And after playing with it and compare it with my other racket Arcsaber 11, Duora 7 and VT70ETN (All 3UG5), I dont knw what is the proper terms or categories other than ‘similar’. In terms of feel “same”. But thats just my opinion based on my experience.

6. Nor Faizal

Its medium stiff. I test its shaft already and its not as stiff as my VT80ETN and DZS.

7. Nor Faizal

Even at 3U its still light and the only weight u feel is from the head but only slightly. Its easy to use and both forehand and backhand shots done without a sweat. It has enough power when smashing but dont expect it to be better than ZFII. When it comes to defense its a bit clumsy at times and u need to react quickly if u want to reach the shuttle, I think this happened due to the fact that its a HH racket. Just sharing my experience with this racket.

8. Nor Faizal

Hi KLFreedom. For a start, almost all if not all ,any 4U racket is always faster and more maneuverable than 3U racket and 3U on the other hand will always be more powerful i smashing. In terms of which shaft is the stiffest well AX77 is a medium stiff racket whilst Arc11 and D7 have stiff shaft. The stiffest, is Arc 11.

9. Nor Faizal

Z strike is stiffer than AX77. From my experience hitting shuttlecock with DZS was a lot powerful and it sounds crispier than AX77.

10. Nor Faizal

Arc 11 is a racket with stiff shaft whilst Lining N9II is almost similar if not similar with AX77 med stiff racket. I have them all in 3U. From my experience Arc 11 and N9II are faster in defensive play conapred to AX77 (due to the fact its HH). Other than that, They are all similar. (My personal opinion).

11. Nor Faizal

LD force and Astrox 77 are HH racket. But, I’d say from my experience the 3U of LDF is heavier than AX77. Plus, AX77 can be use for singles and doubles whilst LDF (if its 3U) only good for singles. But thats my personal opinion.

12. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

As Ch1k0 said, it is successor of VT70, so it will not be extreme head heavy like VT80, ZF2 and so on. I think Yonex has done a good job of the shaft stiffness in Astrox77 as it can be stiff or flexible, depending how you want it to be.

13. Nor Faizal

get the blue AX77.

14. Nor Faizal

Well Arc 11 is easier to play with compared to AX77. In doubles, I play better with Arc 11. Thats from my experience and btw both of my rackets are in 3U

15. Nor Faizal

Ya I know that already. Im just answering questions regarding comparation between DZS and AX77.Tq friend.

16. Nor Faizal

Then, Axelsen changed from Arc 11 to DZS seens as non natural marketing progresion?

17. esppy

esppy Regular Member

FYI, if you did read correctly, it's with inverted commas, and also, Duora was hinted as the Arcsaber replacement but in the end it refused to die and so it co-existed within the range.

Call it whichever way you want, I cannot account for every player's switch and you trying to nitpick my post using Axelsen in a AX77 thread, mature move mate.

18. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    I don't see Arcsaber 12 happening. :p For the fanboys, enjoy your Arcsaber 11 while it lasts.

Yonex is continuously evolving their technology like all other badminton companies.
    It keeps fans happy.... who buy their rackets.... and the $$$$ coming in makes Yonex shareholders happy too.
    It's all commercial. Someone gotta pay my dear Lin Dan his sponsorship $$$$.

DZS style probably suits Axelsen.... meant for short fast strokes. It's like tailored for him. so he's lucky to get a racket that suits him.
    Players like Lin Dan, Chou Tien Chen, Momota, Moe & Boe are probably using DZS for promotion purposes.

As for the ease of use of Astrox vs Arcsaber it differs person to person. (remember one man's meat is another man's poison?

Personally i prefer rackets like N9, JS10, Astrox 77 over Arcsaber range anytime.
    I refer them to these as quick repulsive rackets (suited for tension 27lbs and above).

Astrox is light, pretty fast and you could do multiple smashes easily.
    Because it is light and a slightly heavy headweight, the female players take a fancy to it too. (similar to vt70e)
    [of course they could be 'recommended' by Yonex too]
    By the way i'm watching Astrox 77 demo match. Intanon vs Yamaguchi. Such crazy endurance they have.

Don't flame me... but like i said before in the forum....Astrox range is probably Yonex answer to double players rackets of other companies.
    It's a must to dominate the racket market or at least take a share of the pie.
    Tsai Tzu Ying uses TK Falcon. and one of the men doubles pair uses it, while the partner uses JS10Q.
    Li-Ning has N7 and N9. So what does Yonex has? Arcsaber 11? :eek::confused:

So came Astrox 77.

19. TankQ86

TankQ86 New Member

Ok, thanks for clarifications...

#639 TankQ86, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  20. khalvin

khalvin Regular Member

Student
    Any recommendations for strings to use on an Astrox77 4U. Just trying stuff out and I kinda like the Aerosonic cause its quite effortless imo and I string it ridiculously low at 24lbs which makes it last awhile.