YONEX ASTROX 88S & 88D (2018)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by T.O.P, Jan 16, 2018.

1. ManusiaBinOranh

ManusiaBinOranh Regular Member

Marketing
    Yeah, not worth it. Sometimes i don't have the time to go change racket. My social group has more than 20 people and 3 courts. The dude sometimes comes into your space to hit the shuttle that you are supposed to hit. I got hit by him once on the forearm with his zf2, blue black for 3-4 days.

2. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    agree 100%

better to lose a point than to lose a racquet.

and yes i always have one racquet in the bag that i don't really care about to use in these situations.

3. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

Damn, blue black for 3-4 days ? Playing with players like that, that's the time to play with your racquet in one hand and a stick in the other to beat them off your space when the shuttle is clearly yours to hit. It might definitely lose you the point, but at least you discipline an undisciplined player who obviously needed a beating. The world of badminton will thank you for that.

4. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Lol yea. Been fantasizing about doing exactly that with lone wolfy unmindful type of partner. Although a simple twin slaps might do as well

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

5. joda

joda New Member

use a tennis racquet to play with that dude.

6. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Same mate. My 88s is chipped like hell. But mostly from clashing with other rackets in the bag lol. Quite congested in there lol.

Sorry to hear mate! :( I personally have the tendency to leave points than taking a risk if anyone is even remotely close. No point in casual or even important games is worth my racket and the partner can get as mad as he wants but that's how I go by lol.

Lolzprince likes this.
  7. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Yeah the problem is these are competition matches and we're at a decent advanced level where everyone smashes down the middle regularly. I literally have to hope the racquet doesn't break. Previously had 2x MX60s for 5yrs without them breaking from clashes.

8. ManusiaBinOranh

ManusiaBinOranh Regular Member

Marketing
    Hahahahha.....I wish I can do that! he usually pisses his partner off whoever he partner with. No one wanna play with him now..we all try to avoid him. LOL...If he plays with us, we all usually made an eye contact to finish the game within 5 minutes..everyone just smash him since he can receive smashes...:D:D:D

I wish I can slap him..I did scream out mine once and he did the same..so in the end we both went for it and then he almost hit me in the head..if he hit me in the head..I would have beat him up...:D:D:D

9. lordcore

lordcore Regular Member

Hi I'm currently using the VTZF2 4U G5 for more than 6 months now and smash is my strongest traits and I'm thinking to buy a new astrox racket so can somebody suggest to me what racket should I get whether ax88s or ax88d and 3u or 4u. I'm sorry if this kind of question already being answered but I just can't scroll 90+ pages to find my answer. Thanks in advance.

10. Parth Nayak

Parth Nayak Regular Member

My answer ... None. As far as I could remember, both the rackets rely more on placement than pure power. Wait for astrox xx . I think that will be more power oriented than this. I am waiting for XX to release so that I can get good discount on 88D. ;)

11. lordcore

lordcore Regular Member

Damn.... Didn't expect this kind of answer :D:D:D

The reason why I'm thinking about buying a this new Astrox because I've tried my friend Astrox 77 and it did really make my smash steeper and it's easy on the hand too. If this new astrox 88 can make my attacking more powerful I'm willing to make my VTZF2 my spare racket. :p

12. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Well if you're really falling in love with the Astrox rackets and dead set on buying and trying one, you might want to go for the 88D. Like what Parth said though, both 88S & 88D still won't match the power of the ZF2 if that's what you're primarily looking for a racket.

13. lordcore

lordcore Regular Member

Don't get me wrong..I love my VTZF2 a lot even though it make my wrist hurt from time to time :p but I just can't get the steepness from smash that I get from Astrox 77 when using my beloved VTZF2. (Ohh and I mainly a doubles player and play singles occasionally)
    Hmm decison decision decision...

14. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Keep the ZF2. Nothing comes close.

If your wrist hurts, you are doing it wrong. Get a coach.

vincemcoupe likes this.
  15. emilsmazais

emilsmazais Regular Member

Enthusiast
    Hello, I have a question:
    Is the 88D as stiff as the Voltric 80 e-tune? I'm contemplating buying one but I'm not quite sure about the stiffness. I could play fine with the VT80, but it was too sluggish for me in defence, so the 88D seems like a good option. Anyone have ideas/experience?

16. llrr

llrr Regular Member

If you can't get the same steepness from your zf2, that suggests it's too stiff for you.

17. salepang

salepang Regular Member

Konquerian

I already used 88S 3u and 4u..but sold the 4u one because too light for me..as for 3u is nice but quit heavy for me..i think want to try 88D..but is it 4u D feel more heavy than 4u S?overall heavy or just the head of 4u D feel heavy?

#1977 salepang, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  18. kulidone

kulidone Regular Member

88D feels more head heavy... only the head

19. lordcore

lordcore Regular Member

Hmm :rolleyes: never thought of that..maybe you're right. With astrox I can smash with ease but with ZF2 I need to work hard for it. Maybe I'm not at the level yet to wield that stiff racket. Thanks though you really give me some insight about this. I never really care about racket stiffness before and maybe now I should :D:D:D

llrr likes this.
  20. bdmntlvr626

bdmntlvr626 New Member

I was a DZS (3UG5) user.I am considering to buy an astrox 88 but idk whick one to buy any advice?