Yonex BG AeroBite

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by BengGuan, Jun 17, 2016.

1. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I think this is usually the thing with strings and rackets. There are some variables that can be involved in getting about the ideal set-up. A string may perform differently on a given racket at a given tension, compared to when you use the same string on another racket even at the same tension.

paulstewart64 likes this.
  2. tanman49

tanman49 New Member

Yes, I would agree with you as that was the purpose of the exercise. With other strings, I preferred the tension in the AT900 to be slightly higher than what I had in the NR800. As I discovered (by chance) the tension that suited me in the NR800, I wanted to see how this string performed when apply the same difference in tension in the AT900.

3. whitegoh

whitegoh Regular Member

Account Analyst
    Just play badminton with this string. I must say, it feels really good! Just hope it can last longer than BG66 Ultimax.

4. Calvin Wong

Calvin Wong Regular Member

Any News on how durable this strings are ?. Do they last longer then the BG 66 Force or Ultimax ??.

#44 Calvin Wong, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  5. bdmtfreak

bdmtfreak Regular Member

Just strung a racket for the first time using the new BG Aerobite strings. The red main strings are definitely very gripy as I can feel the roughness of it when handling the string. (reminds me of nbg99 but even more rough) I can't wait to try it on court to see how it performs. I will update you guys with my opinion

Tatang surya likes this.
  6. whitegoh

whitegoh Regular Member

Account Analyst
    Having my 2nd aerobite. Durability is more or less equal with Ultimax. Maybe slightly better which may due to the thick red string.

7. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    I picked up some Aerobite while I was in Taiwan and Japan. 27lbs on a Mizuno Calibre Reg Okuhara (Not sure if it's the same as a normal Caliber Reg). I played with these strings 2 months for about 6 hours max.

Overall: Power is decent but not the 11 Yonex rates it. Good dontrol, but lacks feel and sound. It's just not a very alive string, I'd say it's dead feeling. I will have to retest on a JS10 later, BGAB might be better suited for that racquet.

Give BGAB a try if you like BG66UM, NBG98 or NBG99, or soft strings in general.
    Pass on BGAB if you like harder strings and satisfying sounding strings like G-Tone5, BG80, ZM62F.

Control: Good, comparable to NBG99. 8/10

Power: Decent, but I don't feel it's anywhere near the 11 rating Yonex gave it. I felt BG66UM was far more powerful. And I feel I hit harder with ZM62F and G-Tone 5 on the same racquet with the same tension. 7/10

Feel: It's so muted/soft. Personally I really dislike this now (I used to like NBG99). I'm a fan of strings that give you vibrations like the ZM62F and G-Tone5. Not satisfying at all. Meh/10 Yonex rates it an 11, so I'm suspecting these strings might not be suited for the Caliber Reg?

Sound: Muted like the feel. The sound of a smash belies it's power. Not satisfying at all. Meh/10

Durability: no comment

Additional notes: I've had other people give my racquet a try. They also couldn't generate much power with those strings. So I definitely need to give these strings a try on other racquets.

I feel my personal hybrid combination of G-Tone5 and ZM62F is much better than the BGAB, but that's just me. :)

Apocalic and visor like this.
  8. Apocalic

Apocalic New Member

I have the same experience on the Feel and Power. The string when freshly strung felt very good, but after 2 weeks it became quite dead to me.

mikomi likes this.
  9. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    Marin using it in all Englands here. Screenshot_20170310-013428.png

10. esppy

esppy Regular Member

As far as my eyes tell me, Xu Chen is using it too. But yeah.. can't find any pics

shreyas666 likes this.
  11. shreyas666

Tell me, I usually play with plastics(cost factor) would aerobite make any difference? Usual string is either ns660ti or BG66 at 26lbs.

12. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Never tried with plastics though. Down here it's feather or bust for us...

Saru and shreyas666 like this.
  13. shreyas666

Curious, if strings behave differently with different shuttles.

14. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Feathers yes. But plastic.... I doubt. Not to look down on plastics, but, isn't it akin to playing at the playground compound without real sand? You lack the quintessential part of the whole experience... the sand on your hands and body...?

15. shreyas666

I see.

16. Chunithm

Chunithm Regular Member

Currently using it with my duora10lcw strung at 25m 27c, colour matching perfection, redwhite strings with redwhite sides. Feel is softer than bg66um, repulsion is lower, control is better.

My only gripe is the strings move out of place with almost every hit, might be cause its freshly strung and hasnt had time to settle. Anyone else experiencing this?

17. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Try doing some lobs/clears with the racket face straight. I have experienced 3 stringjobs (2 being the string, 1 being the job) messed up and moving a lot, even with a straight panhandle smash. The 1 time being the job, it was a bad job by the stringer and pinged nowhere the tension I asked for. A new stringjob rectified it. If that's the case for you, restring it. I'm inclined to believe its a bad job rather than bad string, and just do all round tension, the +2 on the cross is bullcrap if your stringer knows what he's doing.

Like chefs, stringers take your ingredients (ie. tension, knot count, PS %, string type) and cooks (strings) up a dish (job) for you. The chef may be the world's best but sometimes your palette just don't click, or he is the one that delivers the job just as you wanted but that one day, he woke up on the wrong side of the bed and messed the dish up, going way below the usual par standard.

It happens.

18. Chunithm

Chunithm Regular Member

yeah i have doubts but his a well known stringer in melbourne so im thinking its just the ingredients, with the two different size guages, maybe the +2 on the cross wasnt neccessary or of detriment.

19. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Well, we're all human. Well-known and you still will get an off-form day, so yeah, just keep that in view and I hope you can get a satisfactory result if you restring it again! :)

20. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

Would you mind explaining why +2 is bullcrap?

Saru and FeatherBlaster like this.