yonex carbonex series comparism

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by zeroexz, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Clecwm

Clecwm Regular Member

Cab 20 is fine for me. Pretty neat in most departments. More of an all round racket. Cab 20 Tour is a little too hard to come by, I've only seen it once or twice in specialized shops. However, don't even consider the Cab series if u are not confident in striking the sweet spot.

2. dimitri

dimitri Regular Member

Sandakan,Sabah, M'sia.. currently in Auckland, New
    zeroexz,

Guess wat ... i've hold the ns8000 few days back.. b4 i held it, i thought it was a very light racket like cab 21 special and mp88 .. but i was wrong..it's exactly the same weight as at700...according to the owner of the racket, she used to use at700 then she switcehd to ns8000..she agrees tht ns is not really good on doing net shots but it took a while for her to understand how to do net shots with ns8000...on the other hand, she thinks tht ns8000 does better smashing than at700...

when iwas holding both at700 and ns8000, they hav exaclty the same weight ...too bad i havent got the chance to have some hit with her racket as she was going for a game with other players.

I will let u knw as soon as i try the ns8000 coz no 1 in the club is using ns9000.. too bad ..~ :(

3. zeroexz

zeroexz Regular Member

wow....wut an opportunity have such direct comparism!:eek: envy u~
    i always thought that at700 was heavier?supprisingly u said no difference. for the drop shot part u mentioned, may b the difference lies between at700 is head heavy, ns8k is head light?looking foward to read ur coming experience...

actually i m also under a dillema now, i just saw someone selling his 2nd hand ti10 in buysell forum, pricewise is nearly the same as compared to a new carb 21sp. shud i get ti10...or go for carb?lolz
    *sighs....i dun think i hv the armstrenght to tame tat racquet...

4. dimitri

dimitri Regular Member

well.. i've tried ti10 b4 .. it's head is heavy like at700 characteristic, but overall weight is lighter than at700, but a bit heavier than cab rackets...it's good for smashing but it's not tht good for deffense and net shots... for cab .. as it's a ver light racket... u need to work more for ur smash. it just depends on u prefer offensne or deffense.

1 more advice for u ... never buy 2nd hand rackets.. but it's up to u. :) as usual, u should try both rackets and compare.

5. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    i don't know why...

during the day of mp-series, mp88 is called defensive w/ longer shaft, head heavy balance while nowadays at-700 is called all-out offensive under the measurement from cooler when at700 is the only racket that is close in property to mp88

keep in mind while at700 is called extra stiff, there are millions of user proving that the stiffness is even less than mp99/at800/at300/ns7,8k

also, peter gade seems to be the only person that is using mp88 that is famous, which is also a single player

is this some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy?

6. zeroexz

zeroexz Regular Member

hmmm...yea...abit worry in buying 2nd hand racquet....

wut i written iz jz wut i read from certain ppl's review...i dun really hv actual experience of the racquet:p tats y at the very last line i requested dimitri to try the racquet 1st :D

btw...thkz 4 ur info

7. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    its not directed to you, just that i keep reading mp88 is "regarded" as a defensive racket

have fun :)

8. zeroexz

zeroexz Regular Member

no...i din mean tat too:)
    i also heard tat itz categories as head heavy defensive racquet...but i hv nv actually play with it...btw....lee chong wei also used tat racquet b4....

9. tomblos007

tomblos007 Regular Member

hi zeroexz im using cab 21sp for last 2 month it is an overall racket it perform good when attack and defend while cab 20 is better for attack, it is depend on your style, but i choose cab21sp because its "super slim" shaft it is atractive to me.

ps : buy the "SP" dont buy "SPECIAL" THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL with SPECIAL vesion,

10. dimitri

dimitri Regular Member

hey zeroex .. do u hav any idea wat are the price for ns9k, 8k and mp88 in m'sia at the moment ?

11. zeroexz

zeroexz Regular Member

i am not tat sure for the price of those racquet. probably rm 999 for ns9k, 899 for ns8k, mp88 not sure....all price are retail price b4 discount.

i will b visiting pertama complex recently to check out cab 21sp, i will take note of those racuqetss price for u.

btw, if possible try purchase racquet from s'pore, alot forumers claim tat the price there is cheaper compared to m'sia:p

#31 zeroexz, Nov 1, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  12. siongbing

siongbing Regular Member

AT 700 vs cab 20 sp vs NS 9000S

I own an at 700:D . i had used NS 9000s at 800 of and cab 20sp. I find that NS9000s and at 800of is a lot stiffer than at 700, so as cab 20sp. AT 700 n 800 is harder to play net shot due to the head heaviest. Smashing wise i do find NS9000s easier to smash, i think it is easier because i used at 700 which is more head heavy, a sudden change to head light makes my swing faster i feel. At 800 is harder to use than at 700 but i think it better perform than at 700 in the double due to d short length between d head n shaft and its a lot more stiff. Cab 20 is great. good in smashing,net and drop.I used iso metric head and longer shaft racquet for years now..Shifting to a oval head and shorter shaft makes me tend to miss the bird:confused: . Is anyone experiencing this also??

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Could it be...

..probably explains why our own [iB]DinkAlot[/i] made that *major* purchase of the Cab20s recently(as he was looking for an *all around* racket??)...and i believe he used to play with all the above mentioned rackets as well...hehe;):) :D :cool:

14. dimitri

dimitri Regular Member

thnx zeroex..! oh ya.. r u from kl ? if u are, do u knw where can i look for shops tht sells badminton things..?