Yonex DENMARK Open SS Premier 2015 : QUARTERFINALS (16th October 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Dutch Open / Yonex Denmark Open 2015' started by CLELY, Oct 15, 2015.

1. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Sure, don't respect the opponent...but don't cheat in tourneys

2. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Refusing to change the shuttles and shout at points were devices invented by the ladies in CHN team, in case some don't remember.
    What is all this rant about "asian" this and "european" that?
    Vittinghus travels to Asia half the year, of course he knows what is jet lag. But you have to travel some days before the tourneys so to adjust. Moreover, what he said was not about CL, it was about how he felt.
    Some comments are so low

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I looked at the score of Rumbaka - JOJ, a three-setter, the third was 21-19 with Rumbaka leading most of the way before losing. That was close, it could have been won by Rumbaka, indeed.

4. renbo

renbo Regular Member

On a positive note, I'm looking forward for the Bao/Liu - the Adcocks match

5. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

looks like BAM need to recruit any new players which have like Chen Long & Wei Nan's height and body weight to be national best MS player as succeeding LCW...

6. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    Indeed.....somebody has to stop this screaming lady by some clever game and hope sindhu or yihan can do...lets see....

7. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Last time when Li michelle met Carolina marin, Li won the match in 3 games. I hope Li Michelle will do it again.

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    If Michelle beats Marin tonight, Michelle will make headline in Canada!

9. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    Yes but this time little doubt because yesterday she had marathon match against ohukara....also Li bit struggled.....if Li beat her,I would be happy.....I am not the one wish to beat someone......but in marin case would be fine.....because she behave like no one can beat her at the moment...she is attitude laddy.

10. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    CMbGKENUEAAxiBY.jpg

Rare to see such things in WS

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

True, Vittinghus' remarks and complaint about the late timing were fair comment, not directed at anybody, and should be respected.

Refusing to change shuttles and shouting in-between points were 'invented' by the Chinese ladies? That's news to me, where's the proof. Even so, why did so many other non-CHN players follow suit ? Btw, I always thought such behaviour - I mean, the shouting, shrieking, screaming part - was common, if not rampant, in women's tennis, long before it was picked up in badminton by some players, no idea who started it first.

On the whole, the misconduct is relatively mild in badminton except for a couple of WS who sometimes can go a tad overboard. To me, there's a significant difference between shouting to let off steam and to urge oneself on as opposed to shouting at your opponent, the latter is rude, intimidating, a misbehaviour, the BWF rule is clear about that. As for refusing to change shuttle or arguing over it, that can be easily settled by the umpire, shouldn't be a problem.

12. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    shrieking, shouting and screaming should not be allowed in badminton, during or after the rally. It affects players next courts enormously. Players need to control an object travelling at 300 kilometers an hour with pinpoint accuracy.

For the same reason, line judges yelling "OUT" should no longer be practised.

#32 pcll99, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

More difficult this time for Michelle, but not impossible. First, she had a long, tough match with Nozomi yesterday, and, to add, we are not sure if she was slightly injured or to what extent in the third set. Second, Marin is now a much improved player, the way she despatched Sun Yu in the opening round is proof of it.

In the lower half, I'm hoping and think WYH may be the one to stop Marin. The way WYH accounted for Yui Hashimoto's defeat yesterday was nothing short of spectacular; so cool,calm,collected,and commanding was WYH. If not, I'm eagerly looking forward to a LXR - CM Clash of The Amazons, provided LXR didn't falter before the final.

Apart from WSX who is the last person to beat Marin recently, and besides LXR and WYH, I'd also count in Sung JH as well as one of the four JPN ladies, namely, Sayaka T, Mitani M, Nozomi O, Akane Y, and perhaps, Saina N and Intanon R (when she regains her form) too as possible candidates to take on Marin whom, I believe, till now is not yet a dominant WS player. IMHO, for the time being, among the top 10/15 WS players, anyone can beat anyone else on a good day.

14. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    valid point....then no chance of winning for marin....;)

15. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    This is what I was thinking! Although the organizers aren't right in arranging only 3 courts available HKV by maintaining proper sportsman spirit shouldn't go all out posting it twice let alone once!! I also can't relate people going to bed 11:40, even school children don't here.
    And for HKV I think accusing my star CL is just an excuse with lil reality, with his current form there's noway he could battlepass the great wall..
    Even then with due respect I would be in favour of what Clely said using 4 courts instead of 3

#35 nilesh123, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  16. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I can't find the reference for now, but those appeared under direct order by Zhong Ning - it did not please the players to do so, but it was a strategy to give them a winning spirit. After ZN left, the screaming stopped.

17. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Well if somebody is interested..
    Good news from Shanghai Rafa def in form Stan the man after taking care of Milos Raonic!!!
    He is doing good, let's see if he can grab the title, although Nole looks invincible at the moment

18. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Oops double post

19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    you mean Zhang Ning, the two-time Olympic champions?

20. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Not Zhong Ning, of course, but Zhang Ning!
    Anyway, this kind of bad display on court, which is not terrible, it is very small items, were always there in one form or the other (specially not changing the shuttles) among the WS, and to a lesser extend in WD. It is something about women trying to be agressive I think, which they don't naturally do, so they have to force themselves into this mind set. Well, sorry for the macho thinking