Yonex DENMARK Open SS Premier 2015 : SEMIFINALS (17th October 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Dutch Open / Yonex Denmark Open 2015' started by CLELY, Oct 16, 2015.

1. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Wow....what a win for Sindhu! She is playing badminton of her life. Hope we see her continue this form...well fought victory against Marin. I think this rivalry will bloom in the future - a treat for us fans.

2. gaara

gaara Regular Member

I never thought she would defeat Marin. She has certainly matured. Now she'll be facing her favourite opponent in the finals. Hope it'll be a smooth ride for her.

3. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Regular Member

Is Sindhu a better prospect than Nehwal? Either way Indian WS looks bright.

4. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Hats off to PV Sindhu....one of her best performance ever....she proved that you can win your matches without verbally humiliating your opponents....

5. Nine Tailed Fox

when Marin touched the umpire in the 3rd set...As far as i know,you can't put your hands on umpire.In Football,i have seen player getting straight red card for touching officials.

6. Nine Tailed Fox

if she shows mental toughness as she showed today,then she can even win Gold at Rio....

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Tomorrow is Finals Day and we know what it's like for LXR, psychologically speaking, that not just for a major championship, and added the fact that she hasn't won anything the whole year. In other words, all the pressure is on LXR, Sindhu has a clear psychological edge, nothing to lose, everything to play for, freely and fearlessly.

8. Nine Tailed Fox

Sindhu has to prove a psychological point to Saina,,,if she does,nothing better than that for her confidence.

9. syntaxerror

Thats a big jump.

10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Surely a big jump but a probable one.. Of course we know she has big match temprament but today well she proved everyone wrong and showed how a player can overcome CM who has the best mental strategies and psychological specimen... If she controls this for a while you never know

11. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    she played well and has improved big time but she still has mental frailties specially when she is game points up, those needs to be addressed by her coaches. .this match against marin, she could have easily won it in two. .anyways she did well to come back from behind to win it in style. .good going pv, keep playing well consistently and put pressure on saina to perform well :p

12. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I am noticing a huge leap of improvement in Nor WD... JKE/SSC coming from qualifiers are about to march the finals kudos!!

13. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Commentators-Denmark Open

IMO Steen is one of the fairest and neutral commentators in the game. His observations and comments are always very professional, and he brings out the skills of every player from his coaching experience. I hope we can have him frequently and others like him. In contrast to the commentator at the recent SCG Thailand Open. He lacks everything I am afraid, and I had to turn off the tv or the sound to keep my interest in the game going. Please BWF keep him away from us. Sorry I had to insert this in.

I tend to agree with some comments about G. Clarke's favouritism though. She tries not to show it but over the years her liking for certain countries and players shows and China players certainly do not raise her decibels of delights ala LCWeiii. I
    ts not that she shows her dislike openly, she just doesn't see any good points to say although its there to be stated. For example CL's gentlemanly conduct on court is something quite impressive but its Steen who raises it as a mark of a great player.
    One should accept that everyone has favourites and although you may not like it, the ROW standard of badminton,especially WS has been driven by that very Dislike!!
    Oh BTW I like her commentaries and hope she continues to be on song.

14. syntaxerror

Steen is a massive LCW fanboy. I admit Clarke and Steen have the best chemistry among commentators and are probably the best at what they do as long as they aren't commentating on a Chinese game. So easy to see who Clarke favours; it was so obvious during the last two World Championship MS finals. Always finds the time to criticise the Chinese regime and talking about the chinese players aren't as passionate as whatever because they were forced in to stuff blah blah blah.

Thought Bobby Milroy was really poor yesterday as well. Kept shaming Marin for her shouts, it was quite rude. Like say it once its fine but to keep slamming on about it and wishing that she losses is horrible. Also kept spreading rumours about chinese match fixing. Should never be given the chair again.

#154 syntaxerror, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  15. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    I think GC’s commentary is absolutely unprofessional, for example, there is no need for her to remark that Lin Dan was “destroyed” by Victor Axelson. This is but one of her many unprofessional commentaries on Chinese players we get all the time. Such schadenfreude is indefensible from her side because they are so obvious and doesn’t bode well for her in the future.

How would the billions of Chinese and Chinese fans feel whenever they hear her commentary? It is broadcasted worldwide and will be on record for future generations. How will they look at this commentator from England who is supposed to be impartial and non-provoking? Many viewers including myself would expect a passionate and balanced commentary - even if she can’t afford any word of encouragement for LD. However, she seems to relish from LD’s struggling form and poor performance at every turn, as if to spite all LD’s fans.

LD’s recent victory over Victor in the Japan Open was conveniently ignored or downplayed by her, so was Victor’s demolishment by Ajay Jayaram in 2 straight sets 21:15; 21:15 last month in Seoul.

The same type of commentary happened in yesterday’s semi-final match between Chen Long and Victor Axelson. I can empathise with Steen and his bias since he is a Danish but GC’s?

From my recent observation, there had been almost no word of encouragement or motivation from GC to any top Chinese players in any tournament. Her words, nuances, intentions are POISON from a Chinese perspective. It’s a wonder Chen Long still bothers to say hello to her each time they meet in the arena. Ever wonder why the rest of the Chinese team simply ignore her?

Badminton has become a very nationalistic sport; many of my Indian friends will support Indian players no matter what. The same applies to my Indonesian, Malaysian and European friends who would support their national players in a match regardless of their bad mannerism, gamesmanship, provocative scream, etc. But when a sportscaster takes side and displays it so often for the worldwide audience, it is very unprofessional and insensitive.

Someone ought to show her the yellow card.

16. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Like!!! 10000 times!!

17. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

I wanted to like your post but couldn't find the "like" button. Thanks Mr/Ms PC1199 for showing the way. Yes, tsae75, I like your post in excess of 1.3 billion times, once for each of the Chinese in China and in the diaspora. Down with that woman and her anti-Chinese bigotry. It is a red card for her from me.

#157 tbgoh288, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    you are welcome, Mr/Ms TBGOH399... :crying:

19. Nine Tailed Fox

She refers to Marin's scream as 'Vocal Celebration',if it were a Chinese player,she would have called that a 'Vocal Humiliation'.Still remember watching WC 2013 final,when LD hugged his coaches,she remarked his victory as 'Scandal' in front of those millions watching,i repeat what she said 'Scandal'

20. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    other than sinophobic, i don't know what else to describe her.