Yonex Duora Z-Strike 2017 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tw1nzor, Dec 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Babar

Babar Regular Member

Sorry if I sounded disrespectful. BS12 is very solid. Nothing like the JS12

2. Babar

Babar Regular Member

But a stiff even balanced racket won't give you more power... That is why I said you should look into more flexible shaft. I can give you a cheap and good example : SOTX HB80R

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I would always suggest the same tension and string as your go-to if the rackets are not too different to start. It's a fair assessment. For compact frames (if you are not familiar with these smaller heads) I would maybe knock off 1 lbs to compensate the smaller sweet spot a bit and for heavier rackets that you can't swing them as fast as lighter frame if you come form a lighter racket.

@Genkz a crack from stringing is mostly the stringers fault. The BS frames are more solid the the JS frame and other newer Victor rackets.

4. Genkz

Genkz Regular Member

My first tension used on the js12 were 12 kg and after that I got it restrung by a local guy who advised me to lower my tension since he was playing at 12.5 kg and he plays on national level (thats also the case why I dont initally blame the stringer for the crack in the frame, since I i thought he should know what he is doing when stringing for 25+ years). Thats why I went for 11 kg. And the 10.5 for the dzs were that one lbs you mentioned for the compact head. Maybe I will go with 11, we will see.

@Babar I don't take it personally, but i never played a bs12 and every shop selling it lists it as balanced and flexible. Further the users of js12 and bs12 stated that the js12 is way stiffer than the the bs12 and thats why I thought it would fit my recommendation. Sotx like apacs seem to not be easily available in germany.
    EDIT: reread your comment and am now 95% sure you ment the frame beeing solid not the racket being stiff, sorry for getting confused.

@ucantseeme It is not that I don't trust you but the bs12 thread is full of people complaining about fragile racket frames, thats why I thought victor simply has a problem in that category. Maybe it is simply that my good old yonex at900p is still alive at 13 kg and therefor I trust in yonex, even so here are alot of people who would argue with me about that.

In any case as soon as I got my dzs I will tell you guys how satisfied/unsatisfied I am with my purchase.

One further question, since the grommetstrip at the top seems to be hard to find I was wondering how many grommets it fills. The reason I am asking is because I thought of testing aerobite and I read that the 0.61 crosses are destroying the grommets and that is something I want to avoid with a grometstrip you cant replace/buy at the moment.

#684 Genkz, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  5. Babar

Babar Regular Member

BS12 doesn't feel flexible to me. It is medium and because the head is pretty light it doesn't bend that easily. I'm using JS12 now and I can actually feel more bending on the smashes and lifts because of the heavier head even though the shaft by itself is stiffer

6. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

That's wonderful news Genkz. First of all, congratulations on your experience with DZS. There is even greater news.

As you keep punching above your skill ceiling in the months/years to come, DZS will only amplify that difference. I have currently 2 close friends who are die-hard DZS users as well and they're superb.

For those who still feel that DZS isn't good, work hard and improve yourself. You will in time come to appreciate DZS.

See DZS as a loud microphone without autotune. If you have a beautiful voice, you have nothing to be afraid of. The performance will be amazing.

LucaIta99 and Genkz like this.
  7. Genkz

Genkz Regular Member

Since I couldn't care less about winning or losing, thats something I like about difficult to play rackets. You get direct feedback if something is wrong with your technique. And that is how I hope to improve.

8. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

Repost from the other DZS thread..

9. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

part 2..

SlaShEr likes this.
  10. Mr Arc2

Mr Arc2 Regular Member

BREAKING NEWS:
    MBS is selling z-strike grommets now! @swsh

11. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

NIce! Hmm, I can't see if the top grommet strip is included, and the bottom double bridged grommets? Do you know? If so, I'll buy a few bags!

12. Badminton Racket Review

Badminton Racket Review Regular Member

From my perspective, I think like the design of the Z-Strike and the JS12 they are very current, although i prefer the colour combinations of the JS12. In terms of playability, both rackets are super quick in the air, both offer good control levels and interestingly both take quite some effort to generate power i.e. the stiff shaft needs quite some momentum to get into action. So i would say unless your an advance player look at more medium flex or flexible options where repulsion comes at less effort.

The Zforce 2 is a great all round racket, the 4u version is particularly good for doubles.

13. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

o_O

Saru, ucantseeme, Micha and 1 other person like this.
  14. Badminton Racket Review

Badminton Racket Review Regular Member

Lol you don't think so?? A few guys in my club use it for doubles and others the 3u for singles to great effect, I too prefer it too the JS12 and DZS.

#694 Badminton Racket Review, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  15. Mr Arc2

Mr Arc2 Regular Member

It looks like the top grommet is included when looking at the picture carefully... its possible that the bottom bridged grommets are black instead of white/transparent

thyrif likes this.
  16. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Hell yeah! I'll buy extras just in case LOL!

ucantseeme likes this.
  17. Genkz

Genkz Regular Member

Hi everyone, as promissed I am back with a short personal review of my dzs which arrived luckly yesterday so I could jump right into it since my badminton class was in the evening.

Summarised the experience is stiff! I always thought I have had stiff rackets and am able to use them propperly but that one is on another level (never had an vzfii but I guess it would be the same)

I could clearly feel every slight miss hit going right into my palms.

Ok enough with the bad things. Power was great and exactly what I was looking for (provided I hit the damn small sweet spot)
    racket was fast in defense (at least enough for my requirements)
    Back to back clears we're no worry, well to be honest they were often a tad too long :(
    Did not have the Chance for a longer Drive series, since all the players wanted to play a game instead of a propper technique warmup in the beginning -.- I know that is sad but what should I do.

Right now I am not as euphoric as I wished I would be after my first Session with it but oh well I will give it further tries to convince me.
    Guess I need to get used to the changed swingspeed, the sweet Spot and all to really give a valid statement.

Right after the Session yesterday I put another layer of basegrip on top of the factory grip since this is how I used to play in past but with every new racket I am eager to try out how it feels right out of the box. I hope the additional layer provides enough cushioning to give me time to get used to the racket before my wirst denies its work.

dave010 likes this.
  18. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    It won't ever convince you probably. You'll just miss playing with it after awhile and it'll be hard to remember why. It does everything well once you're used to it while with almost everything else that's a one trick pony, you can point out big shortcomings right out of the box.

ZF2 isn't DZS stiff FYI.

dave010 likes this.
  19. Genkz

Genkz Regular Member

Well I would already be convinced when my strungle with the misshits end and I am able to reproduce the good shots on a regular basis.

The thing you describe about the dzs is what made me chose this racket. Sure it is a lot of fun to shot rocket smashes with a vtzfii 3u, but it is not so fun to defend against those with such a heavy racket.

Dzs does everything really good but does not stand out in a single category which is ok for me. The only thing it demands is a certain skill of its user and thats what I am working on.

Will give an Update next week how it went with the thicker grip.

So far, wish you guys a happy week and nice matches!

20. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    DZS is the Li Ning No.1 of Yonex rackets. You don't know how good it is till you switch.

ucantseeme likes this.