YONEX French Open 2017 : Qualifications - FINALS (October 24-29)

Discussion in '2017 Tournaments' started by Master, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I am tormented as who should I root for. Both Chang Ye Na and Yu Xiaohan are beauties with white porcelain skin. :)

2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Is that Jun Jae-Sung there coaching the WD Korean pair?

3. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

oh wow just took a cat nap and what happened after i woke up?..... Marin boom, duo Mads boom, PraDebb boom ..... ahhahaha such a delight this tourney :D

nilesh123 likes this.
  4. It'sMeMeMe

Debby lost isn't such a big surprise though .... that's what you get for running from your first night ... lol saturday married and straight away fly to play in france open .... i pity her husband :D

Akin44, nilesh123 and visor like this.
  5. It'sMeMeMe

well personally i find ChangYeNa looks like grandma .... don't like her badminton either .... as for YuXiaohan ye she's quite pretty

6. Master

Master Regular Member

QUARTER FINAL (starting at 5.00 p.m. local time)
    Order of Play => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...88223D-BBC2-45EB-AC19-8CE0DB7DE8BE&d=20171027

TV Court :

1. WS : Chen Yufei vs Pusarla V. Sindhu [2]
    2. XD : Tan Kian Meng/Lai Pei Jing [8] vs Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir [4]
    3. WS : Tai Tzu Ying [1] vs Ratchanok Intanon [8]
    4. MD : Satwiksairaj Rankireddy/Chirag Shetty vs Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen [2]
    5. MS : Kidambi Srikanth [8] vs Shi Yuqi [4]

QF-M1

QF-M2

QF-M3

QF-M4

QF-M5

badmuse, Baddyforall and Petersen like this.
  7. srini123

srini123 New Member

Chen Long seems to be carrying some niggle all these tournaments, it’s totally uninteresting to watch super series now if that’s what BWF wants by making players mandatorily play so many tournaments in a year...it just lost a follower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stanleyfm and tbgoh288 like this.
  8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

good to see Tan Kian Meng/Lai Pei Jing back in the game, for now...

9. Mate

Mate Regular Member

Chen Long has already been satisfied with his achievement since Rio Olympic. Two Gold Medals in World Championship and One in Olympic are enough for him. Maybe, he conserves his energy and hides his true color for World Championship and Asian Games 2018. He wants to win World Championship and Asian Games in the same year. Something hasn't been done before even by Lin Dan.

10. Mate

Mate Regular Member

The peak age for Woman Single Discipline has changed. Players like Carolina Marin (24), Saina Nehwal (27), and Sung Ji Hyun (26) seem too old to compete with younger players. 23 is the new 30 in WS Discipline. Wang Yihan and Wang Shixian made right decision to retire after Rio Olympic.

11. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Yihan was going downhill.. But WSX still had much to offer. She did well in recently concluded Chinese National Games.

Akin44 likes this.
  12. Mate

Mate Regular Member

Yihan won Asian Championship in 2016. When did the last time WSX win individual title? French Open in 2014?WSX won nothing in 2015 and 2016. She still reached final several times but it was not enough. It would be okay if she played for other nation but she played for China with many younger competitors were ready to kick her out from National team.

13. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Pata ni kya hogya be isko. Hilta b ni ajkl, if KS wins this tourney m changing my Avatar :D

John I'm and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  14. snowlion82

snowlion82 New Member

At least now it's no longer all-chinese finals

15. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

The latest conspiracy (self-justification warrriors) theory is that CHN is deliberately tanking the world-rankings of its best players from Chen Long, Lin Dan to Zheng Siwei/Chen Qingchen and Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen in order to gain the flexibility of fielding "fake/faux" scratch pairing (like Zheng Siwei/Chen Qingchen and Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen) and lowly ranked players (like Chen Long & Lin Dan) for the Thomas/ Uber Cups next year...

For those who don't know, players fielded in Thomas/Uber Cup ties must be in order of world-ranking, i.e. CHN cannot field Chen Long/Lin Dan, Zheng Siwei/Chen Qingchen or Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen as the 2nd/ 3rd MS, XD or MD to play off in each tie... unless their world-rankings keep tanking for the rest of the year from losing in the early rounds or not playing together at all.

E.g. Chen Long must keep losing if CHN wants to field Lin Dan as 1st MS in Thomas Cup play-offs -- because although Lin Dan is more dominant/ reliable, he is too old to play all the tournaments needed for him to hold high world ranking...

16. renbo

renbo Regular Member

can you get KS in a suit?

17. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Dont you think you are overeacting. Please tell me what conspiracy theories you have for China in the two previous Thomas cups where they werent the Champions. It really doesn't matter what China does because they are not good enough to win. There are so many countries who are capable of winning it.

18. srini123

srini123 New Member

Brother, Chinese or non Chinese I don’t care but what i do care is whether the players are playing to their peak performance at the highest level. Just question ourselves if we want to watch a match which is fixed before it started or we know ahead something else like an injury is forcing the player to participate ( due to mandatory tournaments crap).Now in my opinion two things are blocking players from that. One is this pseudo professional set up where players are required to participate under the umbrella of their national associations which in turn operate at their self interests and ask the players to under perform to meet their objectives of making team selections for Thomas/ Uber cups or to promote another player during same nation matchups. Two is the mandatory tournaments crap which is gonna worsen from 2018 due to mandating to play upto whaaaat level 4??? OMG why can’t BWF be a little more mature and just let Money and Rankings dictate players in choosing what tournaments they should be playing and what not? For starters just scrap these national associations and let players compete based on merit/ rankings we will see all these conspiracy theories put to rest and can enjoy badminton in its infinite glory

19. snowlion82

snowlion82 New Member

That's life bro.. I know what you're saying but it wasn't fun to watch F1 too when almost every race the world expected Schumacher to win.

srini123 likes this.
  20. srini123

srini123 New Member

Right but it gives us the fans genuine scope to root for under dogs irrespective of nationality and cheer when the upset takes place. Now in current setup we don’t really know an upset if it’s fixed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.