Yonex LD Force 2016 LIN DAN New Racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tw1nzor, Jul 14, 2016.

1. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Enjoy your game with your new LDFs. I'm pretty sure you'll find them a delight to use;)

OMG, 19 Arc 7s broken???:eek:

2. akiyj

akiyj New Member

Hi! I only have the chance to test out a VT80 and would like to know whether the LD force is less stiff than the VT80?

3. Roughorsmooth

Roughorsmooth Regular Member

Just took delivery of my new LDF...was under £100 on Central Sports at the weekend! Seemed to be a low-key flash sale/ Black Friday thing. Can't wait to try it out, but it's going to be a birthday present from my kids, so over two weeks to wait...aaarrrggghhh!

4. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

Well now my question is which is hardest to use and is it worth the difficulty of using. Zf2, Zf, N90 or the LDF?

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

5. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

IMO ZF2 is harder to use than ZF original, both in 3U. N90 and LDF much more forgiving than the ZF racquets. Still don't understand why some people prefer head heavy racquets with BP>310mm, someone please explain this to me.

#385 dave010, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  6. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

I'm still using VTZF and VTZFII. imho, I really like how the rackets deliver the smash to the opponent. I have used N90 and I didn't like it too much and I decided to sell it anyway.

7. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

Interesting. I feel like my smash is almost the same with every racquet. ZF and ZFII have a unique, solid feel upon contact because of the massive head weight, maybe that's what you like. However, the heavy head makes the racquet a bit flexible in my opinion. I can easily bend the shaft with a forehand drive/tap. I don't like the LDF personally because it is even more flexible and equally heavy. The Z-Force racquets are very demanding in the front court area in doubles, the weight means there is little margin of error. I don't feel like the head weight is of any benefit at all. The power is similar to that of lighter racquets but speed suffers.

It was the N90 original you had right? I started using the N90III and I find it pretty good, but my strings feel so loose with the larger head. The Z series heads make the string feel a lot crisper and more responsive.

jwcho1123 likes this.
  8. Bugbait

Bugbait Regular Member

Tried the LDF (3UG4) last night for the first time. Cut out the crappy factory strung BG65Ti and hastily strung BGAS at my usual 25lbs so I could use it at the club. I kept the string and tension the same as what I use on my usual N900 for a closer comparison of the actual racket characteristics.

Quite a change in racket speed and feel compared to my usual N900, as expected. It was a very easy racket to handle, especially given the shift from my usual, head light racket. Both forehand and backhand clears were effortless (had to cut forehand clear power way down to keep it in court) and drops from the baseline were decent. Bit slower around the net and angles weren't as sharp or controlled as the N900 but that could be improved once I get used to it. Smashes had power but not angle although once again, this could be improved if I get more practice with the racket. The biggest change besides smash was smash defense. Very easy to clear a smash back but more difficult to counterstrike which is where the N900 usually shines. Maybe if my forearms weren't so puny from years of head light racket use...

Overall it's a very easy racket to handle and generate power from, even when struck off center and it's definitely a more forgiving racket than the N900. I'm a doubles player so I still prefer the N900 but in mixed and singles (rare) the LDF may actually be my preference.

Anyone who prefers head heavy racket should definitely give the LDF a look.

dave010 likes this.
  9. badmintony

I'm tempted to try the 3U even though I'm very happy already at this point with the 4U. Too bad as I can't find anyone where we play who has a 3U version of this so that I can give it a try and compare with my 4U LDF.

10. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    And sunriseclick is selling at 150 at this weekend warehouse sale. Overstocked?

[quote uid=12584 name="Junye" post=2499776]I'm just waiting for the next warehouse sale to grab one on a good discount<br /><br />Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]<br />Hahahaha that would be 2-3 more years down the road, NOT the next.

dave010 likes this.
  11. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Not really. Street price is $170-180, so if you take that and go out to string, you essentially end up the same where you started anyway.

LDF hasnt appeared in the international circur after Rio so maybe I'm guessing the lack of exposure is causing it to stagnate..

12. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Yes.. Price have fallen...
    Sunriseclick sale like this only makes life difficult for these resellers.

He's trying to be a good dad now bah. Need to stay low for now

#392 Junye, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  13. selasarorg

selasarorg Regular Member

so exited about this great racket, and paul give a highest rating of yonex racket
    anyone here have compare this racket to victor racket? jetspeed 12 or TK9000, about speed, power and control also

14. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

Prices didn't exactly fall for this particular racket. On the very first day of availability, I could get it at $160 SGD without strings.

15. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

I would not value Paul's opinion much into my own choosing, unless you are in a similar age and have a similar play style to him, which is hopefully not 90% of the people here. At this level/age, unless you are an expert coach, the added advantage of a different style of racket is simply minimal.

16. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Please share the shop you patronize . My buddy bought this racket over 200sgd with strings when it was just out

17. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

Download an app called Carousell and simply do a search on your the racket models. Some sellers are home vendors who are partners of Sunrise distribution. Their prices are probably lower because they do not need to pay rent.

18. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Age and style has nothing to do with whether this racket is good or not. I've had players as young as 11 and those regular league players and coaches from ages 15 to 50 try this racket and like it.

I rarely play games but that has no bearing on whether the racket is good. Different age and ability ranges have tested this racket and nobody had a bad word to say about it.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

skhai91 and badmintony like this.
  19. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

Yeah sure, it doesn't mean the racket is bad. My original point is you don't play like most people in the forum (or so that is my guess), so the opinion is not as valuable as someone who is similar to the play style to most. I don't expect you to play leaping jump smashes for example, so you would not critically value the flexibility of the racket as much as some of us do.

Most people were hesitant (including me) about the low stiffness in the earlier stages of the forum.

20. badmintony

"Age and style has nothing to do with whether this racket is good or not. I've had players as young as 11 and those regular league players and coaches from ages 15 to 50 try this racket and like it."

Those were Paul's words and coming from someone who has 20+ years of coaching, that claim should hold a lot of credibility and explains a lot already about the racket thingy. There are several players from some clubs who play where we play and are using this racket and they do jump smashes and all those moves and they're pretty much amazing in using this racket so I guess that tells a lot about this "value" thingy.