Yonex LD Force 2016 LIN DAN New Racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tw1nzor, Jul 14, 2016.

1. phorge

phorge Regular Member

That is true. VTLD-F is a far more forgiving racket than VTZF2.

Please read this entire thread to get more insights into the differences between these two rackets.

2. phorge

phorge Regular Member

3. blue.fired

blue.fired Regular Member

I dont mind one bit that he has an enormous line of badminton equipment named in his honor.

It's just that I dont like buying rackets named with a someone else's name emblazoned on it. Pet peeve.

This entirely new racket should perhaps have received a more conventional name (Voltric 90, perhaps). Make a Lin Dan version of it for all I care.

dave010 likes this.
  4. phorge

phorge Regular Member

Yonex could have done what they did with the VTZF2. Both generic and player versions were released in the case of VTZF2.

#444 phorge, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  5. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I'm guessing LDF was originally meant to be just a one off rio olympics thingy and wasn't meant to be a regular range release. They could've named it Voltric N(New)Force or something like that.

6. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Force is kind of a tired moniker at this point don't you think? It's a bit confusing as you have the Yonex Force, which is a down graded ZF2, the ZF1, the ZF2, the i-Force... if I had no idea I'd assume it's a repaint of the Yonex Force racket.

I'm sure it's nice to play on, but they've put out about 800 Lin Dan rackets, and it all feels a bit silly.

7. badmintony

I guess you're right there about the Force naming.

What if we run a name the next yonex racket thread here?:D

8. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Because its a Voltric.

Arcsabers have Slash, Nanorays have Speed.

And come 2017 (hopefully), we'll know the moniker to follow Duora's.

9. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Only the Z-Slash and i-Slash, which are variants of the same design in theory.

Nanoray Speed, i-Speed, and Z-Speed all follow the same designs in theory.

Y'know they all use the same frame shape etc.

10. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

I own both:

ZF2 4UG5
    LDF 4UG5

To be honest, at my age and skill level, using the LDF for long sessions is much more forgiving and less prone to injury.

We don't go through the same training as professional players, so using a ZF2 3U racket isn't going to make us perform better, even if you get the occasional big smash, this is especially true for recreational players.

Just because LD uses a repainted ZF2 does not make this racket bad, in fact I think this is a great, less injured players and better sessions :)

11. garra

garra Regular Member

Please, I think I didnt see answer to this question... I got solid technique with pronation, good backhand etc etc. String is BG 80. I got 38 years.
    I first had racuqets and racuets, then ZF2 4U then Arcsaber 11 3U. Than bought ZF4 3U, beliving I can handle that.
    So ZF2 3U is too much for me it does give a punch but I got problems with defending and I must be on every ball, and specialy problems with flicking low shuttle back to end line and tap smashes are not so easy. I can do that fine with ZF2 4U and ARC 11. I bought ARC11 because of Axelsen :) and I really like that racquet when playing aggresive players since it defends so well adn for doubles. So now thinking of LDF.
    So ARC 11 is 3U but because of balance it is easier to handle than ZF2 4U.
    LDF 4U is easier to handle and more forgiving than ZF2 4U but probably not so solid.
    Now tell me please , is LDF 3U easier to handle than ZF2 4U because of weight distribution and more flex? Or they are even or not easier? When I say easier I mean low shuttle flicks to back line, defending smashes, drives etc.
    So if I want to buy LDF , which one will you prefer if I want slightly more forgiving ZF2 4U but still want that solidnes and dont want to loose flicks with wrist etc. I'm affraid LDF 4U will be too much more forgiving and will lack punch and solidnes. Will I be fine with LDF 3U if I'm fine with ZF2 4U but prehaps needs little little more forgiving racquet?

many thanks

#451 garra, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  12. Chow Mein

Chow Mein Regular Member

13. garra

garra Regular Member

Thank you and I saw you use ldf 4u. Do you know how ldf 3u compares to zf2 4u. I would really like to buy 3u since I got feeling that is still easier and more forgiving than zf2 4u but need confirmation.

14. Chow Mein

Chow Mein Regular Member

No experience with the 3Us, but if you were struggling with racket speed with the ZF2 3U, I suspect it would be same with the LDF.

15. garra

garra Regular Member

Well, zf2 3u, I struggled with flicking backhand low to back line, backhand a little,and defending when someone pressures me constantly and not playing variation game when I can use head weight to win clears/drops war. Forehand side was fine except since bg80 12,5kg,I could feel stiffness after some sessions on my elbow. I figure if ldf 3u is less stiff and less weight in head and material is more repulsive that could help a lot backhand side and more faster means better defense,and think lower strain on hand since less stiff...i don't jump smash but I'm 190 cm tall with solid smash...what do you think guys...

16. Bazinga!788

Bazinga!788 New Member

I personally find 4u zf2 to be quicker to handle than 3u ldf

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

17. garra

garra Regular Member

NOOOOO! Please someone tell opposite :cool:.

18. Veldaga

Veldaga Regular Member

Tax Consultant
    Well, you can just go with the LDF 3U. Go for it, mate.
    And then you can give us some reviews. :)

19. Freshie

Freshie Regular Member

Student
    Just got this recently in 4UG5. Had been playing with a VTZF2 (4UG5) previously and after trying out the LDF for a few games, I found it to be much more forgiving. Liking it a lot! Would plan to get more as spares in the future.

Attached Files:

20. badmintony

Kind of silly on my part I must say, as recently I've temporarily stopped using my Lin Dan Force for fear of scratching, chipping or breaking it with my partners who are always clash prone. So i'm using the VT LD9 instead for now until I can secure a spare LDF:D