Yonex Nanoflare 800 (End Aug 2019 release)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by esppy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I would say compared to arc11, NF800 feels like a much more solid racquet with a harder feeling head. It's also stiffer. Arc11 is probably a little bit head heavier but that's about it.

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Best advice. Get another NF700 instead. But if you're deadset on a NF800 then go for the 4U. It's the safer choice.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Antoni likes this.
  3. Antoni

Antoni New Member

this is exactly i really need u guys advice, cause i saw some comments & review from youtube saying : "nanoflare 800 has a different feel from 700, and some user say it's tottally different"

it makes me think : "so is this not really forgiving racket ?" hahaha

4. DKCPH2018

DKCPH2018 Regular Member

Is the length of the shaft longer for NF800 than Arc 11. I mean smaller head so a bit longer shaft or the shaft length is similar to the Voltrics like ZF2 ?

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I can guaruntee it won't be as forgiving as your current racket.

Tbh I'm not sure wtf the R&D dept at YY is trying to do with their product development. NF800 only exists in the speed category because of its aerodynamics. Otherwise I can't find anything about it really any similar to its older sibling.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

6. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    I can assure you one thing
    The handle length is super long. Someone here loves super long handle, the longer the better for him :D

DKCPH2018 likes this.
  7. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Long until the overgrip not long enough to wrap.... Haha

8. Dezlets

Dezlets Regular Member

Omg nf800 so ex :(

9. Stan77

Stan77 Regular Member

I bought a 3UG6 Nanoflare 800 today, I'm from Malaysia, played for 4hours in a local court, level: Intermediate & advance players. Strung the NF800 with BG66 Force @ 29lbs, pre-stretched 120%. Fyi, the cone stated the max poundage for a 3U NF800 is 29lbs. I would have go to 30lbs but since it's a new technology so called Razor frame, i wouldn't want to risk it and void the warranty.
    My review; I have been a Nanoray Z-Speed user for many years, in fact been using Arcsaber Z-Slash prior that. I played double mostly, and occasionally play mixed double. I am an attacker and been a fan of yonex compact frame racquet. Z-slash, Z-Speed, Z-Strike and now NF800.

The headframe of NF800 is smaller in dimension in all angles compared to Arcsaber Z-Slash, ZF2, but wider slightly horizontally compared to Duora Z-Strike but smaller again vertically. Still slightly larger compared to Nanoray Z speed in all angles by 2-3mm.

For those who has been using large and oversize head frame racquet, yout may have an issue with compact frame racquet as such NF800 will not give you joy. But if you have been an Astrox 88d and 99 player this racquet should be easy to adapt.

Because of the ultra slim shaft which is thinner compared to Z speed ans though it says xtra stiff but it's actually more flexible than z speed and more powerful than other compact frame yonex racquet. Also due to the fact that using a G6 grip size you'll be able to feel the punch when executing a power jump smash.

Drive and defend and net play is easier to handle too. Due to the new technology of this razor frame racquet, unlike all previous racquets of all brands, the profile of the racquet frame at 5 & 7 o clock position all the way 360 degree is the same thickness. Not the conventional frame where it is usually bulky at the bottom and tapered all the way to the top. Hence, this explain the speed it was able to generate with NF800.

Also, most japanese players using G6 grip i.e Kenichi Tago, Kento Momota, Aya Ohori, Kenta Nishimoto, Endo And Hoki for the reason to be able to feel the weight of the racquet more.

I highly recommended NF800, it's a totally different racquet compared to NF700. In fact, it's too different.

10. Stan77

Stan77 Regular Member

Length of the shaft is definitely longer than arc11 due to the fact that NF800 is a compact frame racquet.

11. Benza

Benza Regular Member

How heavy is the head on both 3u and 4u??

12. Stan77

Stan77 Regular Member

I didn't put on the weighting scales. But compared to Z speed it's heavier. I feel that 4U NF800 is somehow lack of power when i hold it dry weight at the yonex shop before i bought the 3UG6.

Smashing wise it's quite steep on the angle. Because of the razor frame the racquet swings a lot faster compared to conventional box frame racquet. The repulsion is great. Defending wise with this racquet is a breeze.

The only thing i wish is that the racquet paint job could have done better instead of just matte, shinny paint job will suit NF800 more.

Could the NF800 be the Z speed replacement? Same compact frame, slimmer shaft and quicker repulsion. Will there be a NF Z version? We will know someday.

13. Benza

Benza Regular Member

Which one shall i go for 3u or 4u? Im using an astrox 99 4u and astrox 88d 4u.

14. Stan77

Stan77 Regular Member

Astrox 99 4u is heavier and stiffer than 88D 4u. Both of these are categorised as head heavy balance.

I felt somehow lack of power with 88d 4u and sold the racquet. 4U 88D is definitely lighter than 4U NF800, this is what i feel.
    I may suggest u go for 3U. Again, it depends what kind of player you are.

You should go to the shop if u can, hold the racquet both 4u and 3u to get the feel.

15. Benza

Benza Regular Member

Im more of a hard hitter as i smash alot i play backcourt. Ive dry swing the nanoflare 700 4u its light.

16. Stan77

Stan77 Regular Member

U already have your own answer and understand your style of play. Go for 3U version then. Nf is a head light balance racquet, the 3U is heavier than Z speed 3u but faster. Won't fo wrong with it. Hope you will enjoy the NF800 like i do. Cheers.

17. Benza

Benza Regular Member

here’s the problem if i go for 4u its going to be light but u said that it lacks power. If i go for 3u idk how heavy is the nanoray z speed and i might not like it.

18. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

You seem to be in a dilemma I've gone thru before. When astrox77 range came out deciding 3u or 4u.... Tested my friend 3u 4u.... Finally I tell myself the following
    Head heavy 4u
    Even or head light 3u.
    Rackets I used to play with are
    Vtzf 4u
    Zf2 4u
    Ax77 4u
    88D 3u
    88S 3u
    Arc 11 3u
    D10 3u
    Nr900 3u
    Nrzspeed 3u
    Js12m 3u
    Auraspeed 90s 3u.
    From data collected head heavy I use 4u
    Even balance head light I use 3u
    Exceptional case is 88d I use 3u
    The 88D 4u is really too light and lack power unless I increase my swing speed to generate the Power and this could exhaust my energy faster..
    As for Js12m... Seem like the 3u is not very heavy and ideal for me to play with. The old js12 yellow 3u is heavier than js12m.
    So for Nf800, since is head light, 3u will not be wrong

insanity, Holyseraphy and visor like this.
  19. Benza

Benza Regular Member

what i was experiencing yesterday with the 88d its too light and lack power. i might make it more hh. ill go for the nf800 3u thanks. i found the duora z strike 3u a bit exhausting after a while.

20. frostcone

frostcone Regular Member

I received the nf800 4u. Head weight came out to be 40g with string+plastic. Bp 304mm, slightly hh. I don't think this should be head light. More towards even and closer to AX88S. Will see if I can test the 3u.

Dhandapani likes this.