Yonex Sponsorship

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by AndrewM, Jun 19, 2006.

1. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

I was wondering if anyone here knew Yonex's policies regarding sponsorship. How high do you have to be ranked, etc. I've searched the web for this information, but no luck.

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    From my knowledge ( I'm not speaking on behalf of Yonex ), Usually the sponsorship are upon the discretion between Yonex and the Badminton Asso of that country. When Yonex agree to sponsor, sometimes it is a contractual basis for Example: 2yrs contract of US$1M a year. The $1M is consist of equipments, sometimes airfare and lodging, But most of the time equipments.
    The equipments sponsorship for a team is also different from YONEX sponsored event like Yonex Chinese Taipei Open, Yonex Japan Open and other Yonex events which is outside the contract between YOnex and BA.

3. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    But how does the equipment sponsorship mechanism work? Does the player fill out some form with their preferred racket, string, grips, bag and Yonex send them half a dozen rackets and other required stuff in a box or something? :D

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yonex usually sends everything in boxes to the BA to be distributed to the players. However good ranked players can opt to choose the racket of their preference. Lower ranked players just use the racket which they are given.
    However for Yonex sponsored events , its totally different. The players are sometimes provided with a different sets or rackets and shirts. Of course if they are Yonex sponsored players.. the players have free access to stringing, given a new pair of shoes , shirts , socks and sometimes new rackets at each Yonex Sponsored tourney.

#4 ants, Jun 20, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  5. eggroll

eggroll Regular Member

sales
    You need to fill out a list of your accomplishments and your goals. A coaches reccomendation would help as well. You should be ranked provincially in at least the top 10 if you are under 16 and direct it to sponsorships at Yonex Canada. Yonex reviews each application on it's own merits but if you are outside of the ranking system it is hard to determine if you have any ability to influence the sales of product. Yonex Canada works on a point system where based on your value to the company you are alloted points then spend them on products of your choice. When you have used your points for the year that is it. There a tiers of points that are tied to your results and as you improve you get more points and if you reach National Level there is a possibility of financial rewards as well as equipment. There are very few athletes at this level on this system.

Good Luck to all that apply!

6. eggroll

eggroll Regular Member

sales
    I can tell you that no ONE is geting any where near this money in Canada. All expenses for Canadian players are handled by Badminton Canada and contracts for equipment and financial opportunities are part of a structured contract that would stipulate results and rewards with each individual athlete. Yonex Canada would love to have to pay an elite athlete for a gold medal or any colour, or a top 8 in International competition. This would mean we have someone that is exceptional. Our highest ranked player in recent memory was Denyse Julien from Quebec for women and probably Milroy or Beres for men. It would be nice to see someone step up!

#6 eggroll, Jun 21, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  7. will_0407

will_0407 Regular Member

Anyone know about yonex sponsorship for UK players?My sister is No.1 in her age group, and just won the U13 sngls dbls and mxd Nationals (quite comfortably if I'm being honest). How old / good do you have to be to get a UK Yonex sponsorship, and how would you go about it.??

any info would b appreciated

8. coolman

coolman Regular Member

so good i wish i have a sponsor any will do. everyweek i at least break one or two string:crying: