Yonex-Sunrise Badminton Asia Championships: Day 4 (15-Apr)

Discussion in 'Asian / European Championships 2010' started by badMania, Apr 14, 2010.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D No wonder that matchup didn't show up. US Open doesn't show up for some reason in the past results on the dutch version of tournament software (as does the German and Bitburger and Dutch Open for that matter). Didn't see any other encounters between them though ...

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yonex must be paying TH good money to keep him playing or i mean losing otherwise TH would be earning good $$ at home giving private lessons in his new facility.

#342 cooler, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...3E4B3F-1EDD-4ADA-80EB-31422C5D1F3D&d=20090711

TH beat Yi HH in 31 mins, 21-15 21-16

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..it's not showing up in any version either (their result should show up on the player's list of past tourneys no matter what versions). I don't know why last yr's U.S. Open result is not kept (of course i remember cos i was there; check out the 2009 U.S. Open sub-forum if you haven't; there's also a video of their match>>check youtube:cool:)...
    http://tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=EE3E4B3F-1EDD-4ADA-80EB-31422C5D1F3D&draw=1
    I recall Taufik played against Hsueh HY before, but just don't remember which tourney..or maybe it's a different HHY or HYH..

5. julianng

julianng Regular Member

hafiz

not the other way round b/c BP and NTM are two different players although they are both about the same level in success and ranking. BP is more a rally kind of player. NTM is more attacking and likes to up the pace of the game.

So, BP can match up to Hafiz style easier without having to change his game plan too much.;)

An easy win for BP today against Hafiz.:cool:

6. ayiee1976

ayiee1976 Regular Member

Internal Auditor
    I'm sure HH will bag it...(trying to be optimistic). He beat the no 4 seeded yesterday! BP is seeded no 5! so I guess in paper the match is set to HH bag! ha ha ha.

Today I'll put my money in HH.

7. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Boonsak and NTM's style are different. Boonsak was easy meat for LCW while NTM is not but I although NTM and Boonsak are about the same level, I think Boonsak might be tougher for Hafiz in this tourney.

8. hungle

hungle Regular Member

I agree with you undeadshot, NTM and Boonsak are the same lavel, and Boonsak is more stable than Hafiz! But i think when play with higher level such LD or LCW, Boonsak is also stable than my man (NTM)!

9. nvt711

nvt711 Regular Member

Badminton Asia Championships 2010: Taufik Falls

Thursday, April 15, 2010

With the absence of world number one Lee Chong Wei, Taufik Hidayat was billed as the top seed. However the Indonesian player failed to make it to the quarter-finals stage as he fell to Chinese Taipei’s Hsueh Hsuan Yi in two games 22-20, 21-16. Next up for Hsueh will be All England runner up Kenichi Tago who defeated Hong Kong’s Chan Yan Kit.

An upset on paper, but hardly a huge surprise was the loss of Vietnam’s Tien Minh Nguyen to Malaysia’s Hafiz Hashim. The lanky Malaysian won in three games 21-19, 14-21, 21-15 to book his place in the quarter-finals against Thailand’s Boonsak Ponsana. Number 2 seed Lin Dan has yet to be pushed thus far with a quick 21-8, 21-17 win over Chou Tien Chen from Chinese Taipei.

Saina Nehwal has managed to maintain her top billing thus far with a win over Julia Pei Xian Wong 21-14, 21-16. Saina’s next round will however be more challenging where she faces Malaysia’s top player Wong Mew Choo. Hong Kong’s Yip Pui Yin failed to live up to her number 4 seeding when she lost poorly to Chinese qualifier Li Xuerui 21-13, 21-8. Another match to watch tomorrow will be the showdown between Salakajit Ponsana and Zhou Mi, however the edge surely goes to Zhou.

Japan had a bad day today in the mens doubles losing both of the teams who were seeded 8th and 2nd. Kenichi Hayakawa and Kenta Kazuno were the first to fall when they lost to Malaysia’s Mak Hee Chun and Tan Wee Kiong 21-17, 21-19. Next it was Hirokatsu Hashimoto and Noriyasu Hirata losing to yet another Malaysian pair Hoon Thien How and Ong Soon Hock 21-17, 21-18. With the exception of these two Japanese pairs all of the other seeds successfully made their way to the quarter-finals.

Similar to the mens doubles the womens doubles lacked much of it’s usual stars with Pan Pan and Tian Qing being the only notable Chinese pair in the draw. The Chinese sixth seeds easily moved past their opponents Aparna Balan and Shruti Kurlan 21-10, 21-12. They will now face second seeds from Japan Miyuki Maeda and Satoko Suetsuna.

The usually strong Chinese haven’t fared well in the mixed with only one remaining pair. Second seeds Tao Jiaming and Zhang Yawen were upset by Thailand’s Patipat Chalardchaleam and Savitree Amitapai 21-11, 12-21, 21-17. India’s top seeds did better by making their way to the quarter-finals with a solid win over Chinese Taipei’s Lee Sheng Mu and Chien Yu Chin 24-22, 21-15.

http://badmintonofvietnam.blogspot.com/2010/04/badminton-asia-championships-2010.html#links

10. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Dang.....no match-up between KT and TH.......in QF...

Just hope the final betwen KT and LD..........!

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Is Hsieh Yu Hsing :D:D:D Whats wrong with our 'king of facts' :D:D:D

Yu-Hsing Hsieh (Taipei) beat Wong Choong Hann (Malaysia)
    14-21, 21-17, 21-18 / 69'

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    then who is chinese taipei number 1 ms?
    the name u post
    or
    the name uncle loh mention?

13. undeadshot

Hsieh Yu-Hsing is no.1 MS. We all misunderstood you, we thought you were implying that the MS who beat Taufik was the one who beat uncle WCH but actually you were meaning that the guy who beat Taufik is not the No. 1 MS? :confused:

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    my post is harder to understand nowadays?
    hseih yu hsin is world ranking number 22
    while hsueh hsuen yi is world ranking number 48
    get the different?

15. undeadshot

Your post had two meanings, that's why. I was also confused when Loh said that Hsieh Hsuen Yi was Chinese Taipei No. 1, that was why I can see both meanings in your post, although I was not sure what you intended to say. If you read your post again, you can see it can very well carry the meaning which jasonmarc interpreted.

I know that Hsieh Yu Hsin is No.1 in Chinese Taipei.

16. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, excatly.;)

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    To begin with BP has more international exposure than NTM and when he is on the attacking mode, sorry for his opponents lah! Believe you me BP can smash! :p

But I'm not sure whether the recent controversy in Thai badminton has affected BP adversely, both mentally and physically as I would suppose his training has been affected somewhat. :eek:

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    u know what?
    thats because u are so gan jiong and tense in this 2 days
    thats why u cant think clearly:p
    relax
    sit down and enjoy

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    he injured in a football matches thats why he missed the 100th ae;)

20. undeadshot

Perhaps you're right

Gan jiong for Mak/Tan

Although I know Fuzzy is going to be second MD already :(