Yonex-Sunrise INDIA Open SS 2015 : QUARTERFINALS (27th March 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise India Open / Maybank Malaysia Open 2' started by CLELY, Mar 26, 2015.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    A good mix of nationality for tomorrow's MS SF.

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Agreed. A mix of nationality. Wow finally Srikanth won and I was happy. It proves that my effort of shouting is not wasted today. My friend kept telling me it is a waste of time to support Indian players but I kept supporting them. Now Srikanth finally won. Credit must also be given to Takuma Ueda who played very well today. Srikanth won 21-15, 23-25, 21-18. what a long tough match with long rallies. :)

3. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Really, why? when he stepped on the court for his match he was the highest ranking player left in the tournament.

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I must really agreed that it is true Li Yongbo and Park Joo Bong are both really the best coaches ever. Under Li Yongbo China improved a lot in badminton. I will enver forget Park Joo Bong. He is a very good coach. Credit must be given to Park Joo Bong. He turned Japan from a nobody to somebody. That is why Japan won the Thomas Cup last year and reached the finals for the women Uber Cup too. Park Joo Bong go... go...

Now China maintained the top by having 6 players in the semifinals. Japan, Indonesia and Denmark have 3 players that advanced to the semifinals. Congratulations.

Finally Park Joo Bong continue you good job. I support you Park Joo Bong. A good coach makes a difference in the players life. Continue your good work Park Joo Bong. Wherever you are coaching I will always support you. Good coach. :)

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry no offense here. Actually my friend also supported the Indian players. But after they saw all the Indian men doubles, women doubles and mixed doubles, lose in the first round of the tournament they lose their hope and said well India doubles are very weak so it is difficult for India to advance in team event. My friend said if India wants to win the team event they need to build up a strong team of doubles which is sad they don't have it. That is why my friend said it is not worth supporting India. They said only 3 pairs of doubles who played with their own Indian pairs advanced to the second round and after that they lose too. So my friend said no good doubles, not worth supporting anymore. :)

6. Ashaan

Ashaan Regular Member

Software Engineer
    wow... how wonderful the logic... :eek:

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Excellent, triumphant against maestro like Lin Dan definitely will boost his confidence here.

Massive shock after Jorgensen surprising defeat yesterday, Srikanth is the fave to win homeground SS title.
    It's bad day for JPN MD, both Endo/Hayakawa & Hashimoto/Hirata succumbed to their rivals.

8. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

no offence taken just found it bizarre. So no point in supporting Srikanth in the India Open because there are no good indian doubles and India won't win any future team events. I've got it makes perfect sense :D:confused:

#148 craigandy, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow greatest upset created again. I was predicting that the Japanese player will win based on their experiences, past achievements and ranking too. Oh no they lost. Wow Vladimir Ivanov / Ivan Sozonov won the match 25-23, 11-21, 21-12 against Kenichi Hayakawa / Hiroyuki Endo. That really surprises me though.

The last time I saw Vladimir Ivanov / Ivan Sozonow was when they played in the Axiata Zup 2014 versus a newly formed Malaysia double. The surprising thing was they lose the newly formed Malaysia men doubles. the newly formed Malaysia doubles who just played temporary for the first time together in the November Axiata Cup 2014 tournament won 21-23 21-8 21-12. The Malaysians won with a big marginal score. Ever since then I never look highly on them anymore and thought that they are not so good.

Well, today they played so well and I happy they won. Well never underestimate a player who is lower ranked too. They can create upsets and win a highly ranked player. They played very well today. :)

10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry no offense. I support India. Just that my friend said that it is not worth supporting India players so I cannot change their mind set.

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

My friend once told me this facts before. My friend told me that we should not be looking too much into the ranking of the players especially for the men doubles, women doubles and mixed doubles players. This is because there are some countries who constantly changed the partners of their doubles. Thus the ranking is sure to be low. My friend quoted that countries like China, Indonesia, Korea and Malaysia constantly changed the partners for their doubles. Thus with the constant change of partners the players ranking will be low.

Imagine Yoo Yeon Seong / Lee Yong Dae ranking is world no 1, but Yoo Yeon Seong / Shin Baek Cheol ranking is 161. So it doesn't mean here that Yoo Yeon Seong is not a good player. Well, if people just happen to look at his ranking is 161, they may say Yoo Yeon Seong is a poor player. That is why it is very subjective to look at the players ranking when it comes to the doubles event. However, it is indeed sad to note that people still look at the player rankings when it comes to men doubles, women doubles and mixed doubles events too which is inaccurate.

So the best thing is to look at the players performance instead or the ranking.

12. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    OMG how much your friend speaks :D ^
    Have a center fresh or a tape for him :p

13. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    OMG how much your friend speaks :D ^
    Have a center fresh or a tape for him :p

14. Airos

Airos Regular Member

You are right his defence was incredible. I thought all 3 IND MS in the quarters will be knocked out. But in the end it was all thanks to blabl that KS managed to win.

blabl, I understand now that it was only your support because of which Srikanth and Saina reached semis.
    Now, I have no money to buy you gifts.
    So I give you two old bollywood songs instead:
    [video=youtube;xA2MIc2rAa4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA2MIc2rAa4[/video]

[video=youtube;k3wCzyoJV-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3wCzyoJV-k[/video]

15. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

But you were talking about Srikanth he is a singles player and in singles it is usually fairly representative and in the case of srikanth his rank is high and his performances have also been worthy of a high rank. I will try again, I don't no why...
    You said post #142 your friends said not worth supporting India players but you kept supporting and you were rewarded with srikanth victory. Now in the context you used you and your mates think it is only worth supporting a player if you think they will win. So I said Sk is the highest ranked in the whole tournament so if anybody was "worth"(you+friends definition of worth) supporting it would be infact Srikanth. I think it is just language barrier but I can't understand any of your posts regarding that, no offence.

16. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    Saina is gonna win this, and claim the World No. 1 ranking status. I can just feel it. Marin has a terrible record against Inthanon... and I expect that to continue. My prediction: Inthanon VS Saina in the finals, and Saina will win.

17. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Not everybody can express himself well in english if it doesnt comes as his natural language. Let the guy have some fun and express himself, I like his personality.
    I would also be tense if I was supporting Srikanth and many experts here too would agree if I say Ueda isnt a give away player, before the match started you would not know who would win KS or Ueda by second game it became much harder.

If only higher rank was a mean & be it all we wouldnt be watching sports. Its the journey the support of a fan the emotions the uncertainity that gives a fan the excitement and satisfaction he enjoys watching.

18. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Indian news channels already highlighting that Saina is just one victory away from claiming no. 1 spot. I guess the attention has shifted back to badminton after cricket disappointment. BTW I am disappointed by LD's performance. I was looking forward to see him in the finals.
    Hope SN avenge her 2013 defeat to Yui Hashimoto in the same tournament. Just saw that SN was leading 20-17 in the deciding game before eventually loosing 22-20.

19. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Hahahahaha
    Lolzzzz!! That was an epic post :D
    I can't stop laughing seeing those Bollywood songs attached
    +10billion likes from my side
    How did you even thought of such a hilarious present ;) :p

20. blabl

blabl Regular Member

It is okay here. I just want to say that I am supporting Indian player named Srikanth and I am happy that he won. I never said Srikanth won just because I supported him. Not at all. I said I supported Srikanth. My supporting Srikanth cannot be misunderstood as the only factor of Srikanth winning the match today. :D

Then my friend advised me not to support Indian players based on the Indians poor performance in men doubles, women doubles and mixed doubles department. They said because of this it is not worth supporting India players. They used this only as examples and reasons to explain why I should not support Indian players. :D

Supporting Indian players is my own choice. :D

I hope you are clear now. I think the more I clarify about this, I will make myself into a laughing stock here. Hope you understand.