Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in '2006 Tournaments' started by Loh, Nov 7, 2006.
oi!!! someone is awake here! thanks a bunch
==...........the results suck
any doubles results? ahehehe... would really appreciate it if there is ^^ thx!
doubles results, plz!
Vietnam Open kinda sucks, no proper website to view the results. Never updated the results.
Beryno Wong (MAS) lost rubber set 24/26.
1* ASIAN tournament....u can't really expect a good website and result updates.........
Ya, I know. I was wondering how much prize money for the champion in a 1* tournament? The champion of MO open took away 8640 USD, so the prize money for a 1*tournament will be 5 times lesser than 8640, so it means only 1000++, phew! So little!
very possibly it will be that little....it's sad that badminton has so little prize money....there are too few sponsors....just hope that some of us badminton fans can grow up....start a highly successful business....become a world famous company...and then sponsor badminton
too bad i'm not into business stuff
I got more results..
Chong Wei Feng lost yesterday.
Liew Daren lost today to Ismail... (MAS)
Chong Li Qun won today.
Tan Chun Seang won today.
Any latest results?
results of 16/11/2006 (day)
latest results of 16/11/2006
Matches of 17/11/2006
(16강)Kang Myeong-won 2 21:11
21:18 1 NGUYEN Quang Minh 8강
진출 Jeong Jeong-young TRAN Thanh-Hai (VIE) Yoo Yeon-seong 2 21:14
21:16 1 WIDIANTO Ricky (SIN) 8강
진출 Jeon Joon-beom TRIYACHAT Chayut Choi Ho-jin2 21:15
21:18 0 HUI Wai Ho (HKG) 8강
진출 Hong Ji-hoonALROY Tanama Putra WD
(16강)Bae Seung-hee 2 21:8
21:7 0 NGUYEN Thi Be Tram 8강
진출 Kang Joo-young TRAN Huynh nga (VIE) Kwun Hee-sook 2 21:18
21:13 0 WONG Sin Yee (HKG) 8강
진출 Kim Mi-joo MONG Kwan Yi Kim Jin-ok 2 21:9
21:5 0 PRUCKSAPAISARNSILP
Sitee (THA) 8강
진출 Lee Jeong-mi BURANAPRASEATSUK
Porntip WS(16강)Kang Joo-young 0 20:22
14:21 2 CHEN Jiayuan (SIN) 탈락 Bae Seung-hee 2 23:21
21:9 0 TAN Sin Lan (MAS) 8강
진출 Kwun Hee-sook 2 21:11
21:13 0 MUDUKASAN
Sutheaswari (MAS) 8강
(16강)Jeon Eu-ddeum 1 20:22
19:21 2 TAN Chun Seang (MAS) 탈락 Choi Ho-jin 2 21:11
21:6 1 SHASHIDHAR C M (IND) 8강
(16강)Yoo Yeon-seong 2 21:8
21:19 0 DREMIN Evgenij (RUS) 8강
진출 Lee Jeong-mi DIMOVA EvgeniaKang Myeong-won 2 21:11
25:23 0 LEUNG Chun Yiu (HKG) 8강
진출 Kang Joo-young NG Ka Shun Jeong Jeong-young 2 24:22
진출 Bae Seung-hee 김진옥
Thanks! How did you get it???
Sorry about the above. I was trying to post the results that I found for Korean players but quycoctu beat me to it with far more complete results. I was having trouble formatting, as you can see, and was too late to get rid of them altogether.
By the way, am I the only one who suspects that quycoctu is on site? On the FTP site for the tournament, the last update was done in the wee small hours of Thursday morning but quycoctu has them on a spreadsheet. Where else could those results come from?
Yoo Yeon Seong and Jeon Jun Bum should be tough to beat. At the Korea Open this year, they beat then-world-#6 Mohd Fairuzizuan MOHD TAZARI & LIN Woon Fui and then-world-#27 Albertus Susanto NJOTO and Yohan Hadikusumo WIRATAMA of Hong Kong. They did well as juniors in 2004 finishing second at the Asian Juniors and 3rd at the World Juniors and they are huge.
You're probably right!
I think i'm gonna pm quycoctu now and ask him about how some of the matches went... from a 1stperson perspective!
Men's Singles Quarter Finals
Their journey to the QF:
* Andrew Smith (ENG) #1 v Tan Chun Seang (MAS) # 5/8
* Nguyen Tien Minh (VIE) #3/4 v Choi Ho Jin (KOR)
* Nguyen Quang Minh (VIE) v Saman Ismail (MAS) #3/4
* Chong Li Qun (MAS) v Chan Yan Kit (HKG) #2
So 3 unseeded players booked a place at the expense of some seeded ones.
1. Andrew Smith (Bye R1) d Eric Go (USA) 21-10, 21-10; d Erwin Djohan (SIN) 21-17, 21-18. (Good to see Erwin extending Andrew and did not lose badly!)
2. Tan Chun Seang (Bye R1) d Chayut Triyachat (SIN) 21-9, 13-21, 21-8; d Jeon Eu Ddeum (KOR) 22-20, 14-21, 21-19.
3. Nguyen Tien Minh (Bye R1) d Kieu Quang Thuyet (VIE) 21-10, 21-5; d Wong Wai Hong (HKG) 21-14, 21-9.
4. Choi Ho Jin d Nguyen Anh Quoc (VIE) 21-16, 21-9; d Chong Wei Feng (MAS) 22-20, 22-20; d Shashidhar CM (IND) 21-11, 17-21, 21-6.
5. Nguyen Quang Minh d Aaron Tan (SIN) 21-11, 21-17; d Kaweenuntawong Santipab (THA) 21-14, 21-17; d Hsieh Yu-Hsing (TPE) #5/8, 15-21, 21-13, 21-13.
6. Saman Ismail (Bye R1) d Sin Hee Dong (KOR) 21-8, 22-20; d Daren Liew (MAS) 21-17, 21-16.
7. Chong Li Qun d Pham Quoc Huv (VIE) 21-11, 21-8; d Lunev Sergev (RUS) 21-12, 21-14; d Saensomboonsuk (who beat Asuncion Kennevic (PHI) #5/8, 21-16, 21-9) 23-21, 21-15.
8. Chan Yan Kit (Bye R1) d Duong Nguyen Nhan Hoa (VIE) 21-11, 21-12; d Beryno Wong (MAS) 18-21, 21-13, 26-24 (unlucky for Beryno!)
Specially for Yannie, the results of Malaysian Junior players:
1. Tan Chun Seang (won all matches as described above)
2. Pei Wei Chung #5/8 (Withdrawn, no reason available)
3. Chong Wei Feng d Pukhov Stanislav (RUS) 19-21, 21-13, 21-18; lost to Choi Ho Jin (KOR) 20-22, 20-22.
4. Daren Liew d Huynh Nguyen Khang (VIE) 21-19, 21-12; d Vilailak Pakkawat (THA) 21-19, 21-18 lost to Saman Ismail 17-21, 16-21.
5. Chong Li Qun (won all matches as described above)
6. Beryno Wong d Duong Bao Duc (VIE) 21-8, 21-10; d Kenn Lim 21-18, 17-21, 21-19: lost to Chan Yan Kit 21-18, 13-21, 24-26.
So Malaysia has 3 players in the QF, 2 from the juniors. Hosts Vietnam has 2 quarter finalists and the remaining slots of one each from England, South Korea and Hongkong.
But my vote goes to Saman to take the crown ultimately.
I will pick Nguyen Tien Minh or Andrew Smith. Minh should progress to challenge Andrew Smith in the semi-finals tomorrow. The winner will face either Chan Yan Kit or Saman Ismail in the final.
Thank you Loh,
I was particularly interested on how exactly Beryno's match againts Lim Kenn went. It looks like it was a tight match all the way through with Beryno taking the win in the end.
sigh, really thought Chan Yan Kit would go down. He's a tough nut, I'll give him that.