Yonex Ti-10 Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by surge, Mar 7, 2005.

1. canon

canon Regular Member

Yes u will love d Ti 10 but u better buy the 2U 1 that is very power mine 1 is 2u then for smashing the sound of smashing is very good... then d defensive oso good for that racket..... so the MP100 u can use it for backup ,,,, if your ti10 string is break oledi
    :D :D :D :D :D

2. surge

surge Regular Member

Teacher
    since the sale of nanospeed, ti10 price has drop again....now only 165 sing dollars....very tempting ah.

3. surge

surge Regular Member

Teacher
    so glas to see you post cos i was tempted to get a mp100 to try. thought it will be better than ti10. now drop the idea already. thanks man. your reply really came in handy.

4. plinius

plinius Regular Member

after reading so much abt the Ti-10 I'm really tempted to try. Currently I am using the Carbonex 15 (realy old racket ), and looking for a racket that is able to give me more poewr in smashing and returning (of smash). Have tried the MP99, rite away can feel the increase in the smashing power... too bad i have no access to Ti 10 and cannot do a comparison...

i'm mostly a double player........

may i know which racket (MP99 or Ti 10) would suit me better?

Also what is the price for MP99 and Ti 10 now in S'pore? and where to get?

many thanks!

cheers......

#44 plinius, Jun 11, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2005
  5. chevron

chevron Regular Member

out of curiousity, are you an arm player or a wrist player?

6. surge

surge Regular Member

Teacher
    seriously i cant tell difference between arm or wrist player. most of the time i generate power by rotation of the forehand ( think best way to compare is like turning a door knob. i find that by holding the racket loose, rotate and finish with a thight grip it generate the most power. i hope i dont come across as bragging...with this method, i find that i can clear base to base both forehand and backhand without turing the body to generate more power.

however, i still believe in proper rotation of body etc and only rely on the above when i am late tothe shuttle and can execute proper technic

i also must say that wrist is very important ppl with with good wrist play can be very very deceptive cos its hard to tell what they gonna do until they move their wrist the very last moment.

please correct me if i am wrong. would love to learn more from you guys:)

7. surge

surge Regular Member

Teacher

hi there,

if your keen to try can come joint us for some games to try my racket. i have one at 25lb and another at 23lb( my GF uses that). only condition.....once broken consider sold:D can pm me if you are lkeen then i ask my group organiser see if okay you come. thanks

8. surge

surge Regular Member

Teacher
    just to add that i am only a so so player and very keen to learn more. i just got my thoery of hitting the shuttle then pushing from my experience as a carpenter before. a lot of ppl drive nails into walls without success cos they tend swing the hammer hoping to use the hammer to push the nail into the wall(you get this gong sound and vibration on the nails). i can tell you that a swing -tap nail-pull back action will give you more success in driving nails(you get a short and sharp tack sound and very little vibration on the nails). its the force on impact that drives the nail in not the push.hope this make sense.....

9. surge

surge Regular Member

Teacher
    was talking to a few players who are much better than me and i come to this conclusion.....they say they dont really discuss techniques or give advice in techniques cos they are not qualify. so dear all, please ignore my previous posts on handling high tension. can anyone teach me how to delete or edit those posts? thanks

10. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    i know this is sorta off topic...but i like the Ti-10, i have recently started using it and still trying to get used to the head heavy + extra stiff combo of the Ti-10. Other racquets i've used previsouly are AT 800 DE and CAB 30 MS...i don't have much trouble using those...however i do when it comes to the Ti-10, sometimes it seems like i have no power, while other times it's powerful.

can anyone give me some hints on how to try to get used to it faster? and how long did you guys take to get used to it?
    i've only used it twice so...:eek: i guess i have a long way to go.

ting03

11. surge

surge Regular Member

Teacher
    are you using hte 2u or 3u version?

anyway due to the stiffness of the racket i feel that you better power when you whip the shuttle. meaning that at the time of impact, almost all the force is already transfered to the shuttle. cos the racket will not ' flex back' a lot since its stiff.

have you try the method i discuss in the previous 2 messages?

i just like to add that i am sharing cos i find that the only way to know that i am doing it wrongly is when ppl who know the right way read it and tell me that i am wrong:crying: i quite suspect i am not doing it right cos i just cant seems to get the kind of power like my fellow players are getting.

thanks

12. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    i just came back today from playing at Lee's...and i guess i have almost gotten used to it... I have the 3U version so i think that's why i'm not having A LOT of trouble.

i like the feeling of the racuet when i smash becuz it feels very powerful :D especially in doubles when i am at the back attacking :D it's really fun to smash with this racquet!!

13. Swiral

Swiral Regular Member

where do they sell ti10

TI 10 I wanna get a t10 because my armortec 800 of is getty rusty so I want
    to get a new racket so i can get better and better do u know where they
    sell plz thanx:D

14. kevinsquash

kevinsquash Regular Member

Same for me...I have a Ti-10 2U but I can't generate the full potential of my racquet.

I read responses where sometimes it can produce such great smashes and sometimes it's just weak...that describes my problems really well. Although, I don't have much strength, I know I can produce a better smash with this racquet but I'm not quite sure about the proper technique in using this racquet.

I have actually adapted to doing a lot of drops (cross-court as well) and works real great. Strange but true :p

Any information or tips is great. Thanks in advance.

15. Daylightkiller

Daylightkiller Regular Member

Student
    Good power! I like the feel of it. It feels similar to a as-1

16. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

Student
    Has anyone tried the more retro version of the ti-10, as "regular" not "long" length? How do these differ?

17. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    ya that was wat i was curious about too...and could someone post a pic of it? i've never seen it before :rolleyes:

18. surge

surge Regular Member

Teacher
    wah...didn think there is a regular version. anyone seem one before. thought the long was just o indicate this racket has a longer shaft design? doesnt mean there is a regular one right?

19. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    can anyone show me a picture of a Ti10 plz

20. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector