Yonex Voltric 60

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by demolidor, Jun 30, 2011.

1. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Interesting, NR500 is also out. It is 4U!

2. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    It looks darn good!

The lightest of the Voltrics, the 60 comes in 4U and grip sizes of down to G6. Don't know about the quickness of the shots yet, but I'll put something up when I get a swing at it.

Makes a nice crisp sound through the air though. Definitely a fast racket.

3. KinkySmasher

KinkySmasher Regular Member

Voltric 7 is also 4U isn't it?

4. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    Yes it is, but not as good-looking!

I should take both out to see what the difference is... But on first feel the VT60 seems lighter.

5. Simon Loh

Simon Loh Regular Member

Finance
    What is the balance point of VT60?

#45 Simon Loh, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  6. Simon Loh

Simon Loh Regular Member

Finance
    Can anyone share some comments between VT60 & MX70.

#46 Simon Loh, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  7. alanwong76

alanwong76 Regular Member

Interior Deco
    yup, VT-60 is lighter..but still can feel that racket head is heavy.... how can i say.. for my personal feeling, holding and playing vt-60 is like you using armotec series racket..but is lighter

8. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    Resembles a Karakal 70 if you've ever played with one before. The overall weight is light and it allows you to swing it damn fast, but the weight is all centered on the head so it makes the shots fast.

But I get that feeling with the VT7 too... wonder which one plays better. Japanese Graphite vs Taiwanese Graphite

9. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    Just came back from a 2-hour singles session with the VT60 and it was a very pleasant experience.

The smashes were nowhere as fast and powerful as the VT80, but i found the precision of the racket to be above that of the 80. Using the racket made me feel in control, with shots going where I wanted them to.

Defense with the racket was great as well a the light weight surely came in handy.

My friend who played with me also had a swing at it and felt the same way. But he did notice that the VT60 had a slightly bigger head than the normal.

10. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Was looking where you found this information. On the Japanese site it has the Aero-box shape, but it's not the same as the Vari-Frame. It's just a combination of a box and aero frame. According to Google Translate: Aero - box shape: both the sense and quick swing without hitting the ball with a response

Even so, the same frame is used on the VT70, so they are the same (see specs on Yonex Japan). Also, both the VT60 and VT70 are thin. The VT80 is the thickest of the 3.

Still have the racket untouched. Yonex advice is to use NBG95 or NBG98. I think the 95 is really to dull to make any power on such a light racket. If really no one tests the racket, I'm willing to give it a try, but need to re-string it first.

11. TiKok

TiKok Guest

The VT60, as I said in another post, has the same frame as AS003's one. It is like in tennis, playing with an oversized racquet head; personally I can't play with such frame, it feels like playing with a frying-pan......

I'm surprised you found more accuracy in your shots than with a VT80.

However that may be, it seems that you've found your mate !

Just a question though, if you've ever tested the AT600, how do you compare them ?

As far as the VT7 is concerned, even I don't play light semi-rigid racquets, I am still in favor of recommending the VT7 instead of the VT60.

12. TiKok

TiKok Guest

I've compared physically between the AS003 and the VT60 when I saw both in Belgium a couple of weeks ago.
    I have assisted in the past in racquet development and I can easily spot this typical Yonex shape; I am not discussing the racquet thickness, this is a different story.

Haven't tested them yet, not much willing to do so, steel feeling that the VT7 is a far better racquet than the VT60, when it comes to the price already...
    The AS003, I don't understand much the point for this racquet.

13. CarbonexFan

I really think you mixed up my comment with someone else, Mate. I haven't played with the VT60, but have it in possession. So no comments about the accuracy of this racket. Also, no comparisation with the AT600 at all. My comparisation is all about the dimensions and looks of the VT60, VT70 and VT80.

Let's put it this way. I didn't understand what you meant with the claim: "The VT60 has got a different frame, wider than VT70 and 80's."

But before we misundertand eachother, you haven't tested the VT60 also, but think that the VT7 is a far better racket than the VT60 based on the price only? Can you share with us why?

14. TiKok

TiKok Guest

Of course I may.

I got the VT60 in my hands. I have previously tested and played the AT600 and VT7.
    Concerning those 2 racquets I found VT7 far better than AT600 in all domains, included the price of course.

For me the VT60 is an AT600 with tungsten instead of titanium in its frame. Yonex seems to have made the VT60 as "soft" as the AT600 hence my conclusion.
    Still to be confirmed by testing it, but I am afraid to be right on this one.

15. CarbonexFan

So last Friday, I played with the pre strung BG65 (I hope 20 LBS, but think it's less). Playing with this combination is really a nightmare. There is no power, no accuracy and the string just gave me a dull feeling. I didn't even played with it that day after a few shots. I just don't understand why Yonex is delivering this racket with this kind of string.

I restrung it this Saturday. First I wanted to try a thin string to compensate the fact that this is a super light racket, but searching for the right string lead me to a set of RSL Super TI 630 which was the thinnest I have: 0.64 mm! Not a really fair combination but it'll do.

Stringing was very easy. The string did not had any memory effect and it wasn't so elastic as the NBG98. The surface was quiet rough. I could feel it when pulling it after it's been waved at the cross strings. I strung it at just 23 LBS to give it more repulsion.

So today it's playing time! I have an elbow injury, so could not smash at my hardest. My brother gave it a first shot. He didn't like it. He is used to the Arcsaber Z-Slash and power wise, it was less. But this was expected from a 4U racket. Even de VT70 at 4U was not so powerful compared to the ARC-ZS 3U. Accuracy was not really the problem, but he just misses the power that should be in this racket.

So it was my time to give it a try. I had no problems clearing with this racket, but I play more with my wrist. Maybe it was the string, or the shaft, but you can clearly feel that this racket is less stiff compared to the other Voltrics with NBG98. But the racket is clearly faster in defending and playing at the net. The string gave me a good confidence when cutting the shuttle at defenses. Also accuracy was not bad at the net. It's the speed of the racket at the net that compensate the loss at attacking at the rear.

So is it a bad racket? It's clearly not a top range racket. It suited for players who like to get the power from a kind of flick technique. A short movement and hitting the shuttle just at the rebound like a catapult to make advantage of the flexible shaft. I think it's also very suited for double play at the net (XD?). I wouldn't recommend this racket to a single player so it's for a very small audience.

16. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    Totally agree that it's more of a "wrist-play" racket. I use quite a bit of of wrist (comes with having skinny arms I guess) and it's quite a gem to have in a game with a smash maniac.

Quick defense, accurate shots and a smaller grip (I use the G6 version) makes it the racket of choice for me now. I've not tried the AS003 so I can't comment on that one, but the Voltric 60 definitely feels welcome in my hands.

Not for the heavy attackers (VT80, people), I feel the VT60 will give controllers a little something to look forward to.

Mine's strung with BG66 @ 24lbs, and feel free to correct me coz I think we're all different players and there's not one racket that suits everyone.

Head_4.jpg

17. asterisk

asterisk Regular Member

How does this racket compare to the AT600?
    It sounds pretty similar in balance and flex, but are there any significant differences that allow for a different play style?
    I used to own an AT600 as well...

18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Is this available in 3UG6 or not ?:)

19. DreamSeeker

DreamSeeker Regular Member

The VT60 only has 4U and dont think they have G6

20. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I don't think G6 exists in Yonex grip size
    the thinnest grip I know is G5