Yonex VT7 String Options

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by taz4000, May 28, 2012.

1. taz4000

taz4000 Regular Member

Freelancer
    Current strings are at 23lbs and I freaking hate them, the racket is completely useless in clears and smashes, just sloppy, it was strung under two months ago didn't get much play as I have recently got a second racket as well.

I am looking for something similar to my APACS L7 which is strung at 28lbs with Apacs Power Tech .66mm, feels crisp, love the sound.

Are there any Yonex strings or any other strings that anyone recommends and has good experience with for a VT7?

I want something with high repulsion and good feel, don't really care about durability but that would be nice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

High repulsion, good crisp feel, great sound, don't care about durability? Get Zymax 62. Amazing string, just don't be too upset if it breaks within 30 minutes.

3. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

Second on the ZM62. High repulsion, good sound and feel. You may want to try the ZM65 for a little added durability.

If you are looking for Yonex strings, BG66 UM is a very good bet.

4. reddot1

reddot1 Regular Member

student
    I have one vt 7 which is currently strung with bg80 at 30ibs. The sound is crisp and lovely but i personally think its a little bit too hard for me so i think i will switch to NBG98(29ibs) or BG66um(29ibs) which is softer and has even better sounding.

5. taz4000

taz4000 Regular Member

Freelancer
    Is it safe to ignore the suggested weight of max 24lbs? Have another racket at 28lbs and is more to my preference?