YRDSB Tourneys

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by richievuong, Apr 8, 2005.

1. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Hey,
    did anyone find a st. Augustine badminton t-shirt? I left mine there :crying:. Justin, can u help me check tomorow or soemthing? Thanks man =P

2. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    Yeah I saw it. I somehow knew it was yours. I'll try to get it back tmr.

DAMMIT WTH. STUPID LIBRARY COMPUTER. I JUST LOST MY COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE FOR DAVE18 ON DIRECTIONS TO St. A.

DAMMIT I HAVE TO WRITE IT AGAIn. ARGH.!

3. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    Sorry, I'll have to cut it shorter since I'm so angry I lost my original reply. I hate stupid library computers.

1. Take the subway to Scarborough Town Centre.
    2. Take the TTC from Town Centre and go NORTH on McCowan until you hit Markville Mall.
    3. Now, take the York Region Transit (YRT) West on Hwy 7 until you reach Woodbine Avenue. You'll know it's Woodbine avenue if you pass by First Markham Place, Woodside Square, and you see a Shell gas station as well as a Petro Canada station at the intersection hehe.
    4. At Woodbine & Hwy 7, take the YRT North along Woodbine until you hit 16th Avenue. At this intersection is a plaza as well as an Esso gas station.
    5. Now since I don't know where the YRT goes from here, I suggest you walk from the plaza to St. A since it is fairly close and it's about a 7 minute walk.
    6. Walk north along Woodbine until you hit Calvert Road. It is at the intersection beside the Mosque.
    7. From this spot, you SHOULD be able to see St. Augustine because it is a huge high school smack in the middle of a field. Make sure you go BEYOND Ashton Meadows Public School as it is an elementary school.

My directions are not 100% guaranteed. This is just information I compiled from the TTC website maps, the YRT website Maps, as well as my personal experiences with the subway and buses.

This journey may be QUITE a long one with all the buses you have to take. Especially if you plan on going to St. A for the T&DBA tourny being there are 8:30 am lol. So I recommend you go early. If you get there early, you can always wait at Tim Hortons at the 16th and Woodbine intersection hehe.

Anyway, I wish you good luck to whatever tournament you are going to and I hope my directions were helpful. :cool:

Trance,

4. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    Sorry for the mistake, but I got confused between Richmond Hill and Bayview lol.

Were you the guy with glasses from RHHS or the guy without :p. I was the guy in the blue shirt around the sidelines with glasses lol.

5. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    HOLY crap.

Yes, i'll be at the tournament there on saturday with some friends. That is one long ride. About 2 damn hours... I got to find a ride. Lol. I don't want leave my house at 6 am. Let's hope someone else here knows of an easier route to get there. I would have to waste another bus ticket for YRT. =/

On another note, I never been to st aug, is it a big gym? How's the floor, lights, courts? Thank you.

6. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    i am the guy WITH glasses...i don't remember you...did you play boys doubles? wat's school?? :rolleyes:

ting03

7. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    Heh, I didn't play, I was eliminated by UHS in semi finals dang it :p I was one of the helpers for the event. I was wearing a blue shirt and I was messing around with most of the ppl from UHS lol.

@Dave18

Lights are UTTER CRAP. St. Augustine's lighting is so horrible I can't believe I was able to play in it in second round lol.
    The gym is one long gym with 9 courts. 8 courts if they use one for bleachers and desk etc. It is a parque floor that's pretty decent. But the entire gym is quite dark and poorly lit. You'll be straining your eyes to see the bird :p

If you want general directions to St. A I can provide that.
    1.Take the 404 North and exit at 16th avenue. You'll know it when you see Buttonville Airport.
    2. From there, drive east along 16th avenue until you hit Woodbine which you should be at the esso station.
    3. From there, take a left (going north) and drive till you meet the next intersection just past the plaza.
    4. Take a right here to go onto Calvert road.
    5. Afterward, at the light, take a left (this is such a goddamned long light) and St. A will be on your left.

8. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    Oo

Did you beat Beat Bayview Boys doubles? If so, can you tell me which pair did you guys play againest? :)

9. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    Yup we beat the Bayview boys in doubles...we lost the FIRST game and went to consolations and then WON every game from then on so we got second..:D

in the game for 2nd place, (the final game for me) we played Bayview (who lost in the FINALS for FIRST PLACE) fortuenately they were really tired...:p

and the scores were 15-2 :)eek: see...i told you) and 17-14 :)o lol i dunno wat happened, they seemed to be recharged the second game...maybe it was the water they drank :rolleyes: lol) but in the end we beat them in 2 games. um i know that one of the bayview boys' name is Dominik (dunno how you spell) and he had an AT 800 OFF :eek: , and i didn't know the other guy's name but he had an AT 300...lol i had an AT 800 DE, and i wanted to trade for the OFF lolz...

ting03

10. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    LOL... If I beat them in the tryouts I would have been the one facing you guys ==(....

But my partner and I lost to him 15-1 :D

11. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    lol "dominik" 's partner had so many serving infractions. The OBA umpire had to watch a couple of his games.

12. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    ohhh so you go to Bayview? and you know them? they're pretty good...but they play like mixed doubles stlye...becuz the guy with the AT 300 is always in the front while the AT 800 OFF guy is always at the back...so my partner and i tried to drives sides...but we didn't need too they were tired...but in the second tournament they beat us...:crying: oh well we're even lolz :D

ting03

13. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    You forgot?!?!?! :crying::crying::crying:

Say, how bout the other pair?.. Martin and Roger, have you seen them? Played a game with them perhaps?...

14. jonjon_cbc89

jonjon_cbc89 Regular Member

student
    just to let u ppl noe.... ST.ROBERT'z girls doubles made second, and both of them were 9ners, i'm proud of them!!!

15. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    What grade are you in yourself? =)

16. jonjon_cbc89

student
    i'll be in grade 11 this yr, playing mix doubles. I noticed you play mix yourself, hopefully i'll see u at trudeau this yr, really depending on my partner

17. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    There's a tournament at my school this year? :confused:

18. jonjon_cbc89

student
    Usually the YRAA Championships are held at Trudeau. Just 2 let u know.

19. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Actually, its whoever school volunteers to host it. It just so happesn that PET loves to hodl tournaments :p St Aug loves to hsot too, we hosted both senior and junior round twos. Unionville and Markville has also hosted.

20. richievuong

richievuong Regular Member

Student
    small question: in the first round of the regionals...schools in york region are split into 6 zones right...what zone is unionville in? Zone E? (eg.Augustine) or zone F (eg.Markville) or any other zone?