Zakry Latif & Fairuzizuan Tazari aka Fuzzy pair

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by eaglehelang, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It requires a different attitude when playing for a team

I agree. At the TC, the Fuzzy pair is no longer playing just for their partnership but playing to improve the standing for all teammates. It requires a different state of mind when playing for one's team, as compared to playing for oneself and/or for one's doubles partner.

#501 chris-ccc, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  2. kkmh2

kkmh2 Regular Member

Undergrad
    lol they do stand a chance against Cai/Fu if they food poison the Chinese pair like half an hour before the match :p

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Aiya...don't so insulting lah... if they are in good form, they can really give a good fight... I think Fuzzy beat Cai/Fu before, once... ;)

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yes they did, I think it was China Open 2007, in Round 1, rubber sets. ;)

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Their games are predictable so far. So, it is easy for competitors to whip them off. That's the big problem. They have to find new ways of playing which is more 'unanticitipateable'. ;)

6. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Based on their current form, this is so true ......:D :D :D

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Wednesday May 5, 2010

Razif believes Soon Hock-Thien How should play in second doubles against S. Korea

By LIM TEIK HUAT

IT WILL not be a breeze playing against South Korea in a Thomas Cup tie and Malaysia could be in for an embarrassment if they throw caution to the wind.

Former national doubles star Razif Sidek said that there was a possibility of Malaysia meeting the unseeded South Koreans in the quarter-finals and it was important to field the right line-up for the doubles.

Razif felt that Ong Soon Hock-Hoon Thien How should be considered for the second doubles match instead of Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif as Malaysia also need to go for the element of surprise against the unpredictable Koreans.
    “The Koreans are likely to opt for Jung Jae-sung to combine with Shin Baek-cheol. They do not have the services of Lee Yong-dae but his partner, Jae-sung, is experienced and can partner anyone,” he said.

[​IMG] Playing doubles: Koo Kien Keat(left) partnering Lee Chong Wei during a training session at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil Tuesday.

“I feel Fairuzizuan-Zakry should not have lost to the younger pair, Tan Wee Kiong-Mak Hee Chun, in the simulation match last week.

“If the seniors lose to the juniors in the last stages of preparation, something must be wrong with their strategy. What would happen then when the pressure is present in the actual match.

“That is why I feel the coaches should consider giving Soon Hock-Thien How the chance. They may be raring to go and they have showed their ability playing on home ground when they upset Yong-dae-Jae-jung in the Malaysian Open in January.”

If Soon Hock-Thien How are to be fielded, Razif hoped the coaches would inform them early and not at the last moment.

“The expectations will be high on whoever is playing and there should be no surprise element for the players,” he said.

Malaysia lost their opening group tie to South Korea when they last hosted the Thomas Cup Finals in 2000 and eventually failed to make the semi-finals.

However, Razif felt the current team have a better percentage of winning due to the good record enjoyed by respective world No. 1s Lee Chong Wei and Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong whenever they play on Malaysian soil.

“Chong Wei is good for a point based on his current consistency against everyone over the last two years, except for China’s Lin Dan. He is unbeatable on home ground and should win the first match to soothe the nerves of his team-mates,” he said.

“Like Chong Wei, Kien Keat-Boon Heong have done well in home tournaments in the past. They are a proven pair but still inconsistent. But I think they should be able to overcome Ko Sung-hyun-Yoo Yeon-seong if they are to meet again.

“We might lose the second singles unless Choong Hann can use his experience to pace the game against his younger rival (either Shon Wan-ho or Hong Ji-hoon).

“That’s why I feel the second doubles might be the deciding match.

“If we lose the second doubles, Mohd Hafiz Hashim will have to shoulder the challenge in the third singles and it depends whether he has the nerves to do so.

“He could take on Lee Hyun-il and I remember this South Korean as a fighter.

“Also don’t forget that South Korea have Li Mao, who was formerly coaching our players, and they can tap on his knowledge.”

Razif hoped the coaches have also done their homework, digging out information on Hyun-il’s latest condition now that he has been brought back for the Thomas Cup campaign.

8. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

KKK/LCW? :eek:
    I personally think it is better to field Hoon/Ong for most matches instead of Fuzzy? :)

9. badcliq

badcliq Regular Member

Can this pair be placed in the doghouse???????????????????

-__-

10. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    What happend after the game ? It seems that Fairuz did something...

11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    told u f/z shd be dropped.... ;)

12. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    They really upset us...haiz...can they back to their top form?but de Japan 2nd MD sre stronger than de 1st pairs...Gud arrangement of Park Jung Bong..

#512 Felicia_txh, May 11, 2010
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
  13. amaze

amaze Regular Member

The pair obviously has no camaraderie between them now. They do not deserve to be representing Malaysia

14. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    They were such a dynamic pair..and i heard that Fairuzizuan lost his temper and did something...

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Time to go.........

16. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    fought wit audience juz now....:eek:

17. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    OMG thats not too nice... It is easier said than done.. he needs to keep his cool or else it will be difficult for him to continue on his career :crying::crying::crying::crying:

18. kkmh2

kkmh2 Regular Member

Undergrad
    lol talk about sportsmanship! though to be fair they were probably jeered by the fans. I know I would, given their performance :p

19. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    haish!

who are those blind people that pick this pair? and the yoyo? getting sms results min by min and knew the lost is so maddening! why choose people who can't perform and demand a winner?!!

I wish I could be in the court and scream in their head asking them to leave baddy and go play some video games at home... that's how angry I am...

20. Super Freak

Super Freak Regular Member

Fairuz wants to fight with the audience but rexy hold him back... what a sore loser....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.