ZELM Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sgbad, Dec 28, 2008.

1. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    If you look at the trend, all the attacking doubles player are using stiff and head heavy racquet. This applies to men's doubles, mixed doubles and even women's doubles.

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    This is not really true , Lee Yong dae formerly using victor brave sword 09 is not stiff and head heavy, it is medium.

Brothers , how about compare ZELM ultimate vs Li ning N50 1st generation, which is better!

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Why don't you just buy both, and then you can let us know ?:)

4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    LYD is a control player though, not an attacking one.

5. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    So now even control players are switching to SW35 !

6. xtorm

xtorm Regular Member

if u like fast racket i think pp10k would be better, but ns9900 is faster.

7. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    So bro , how about Li Ning N50 ?

8. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Bro Singbad : Hope u can bring in kason rackets and shirts in your webpage...

Brothers will support.

9. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
  10. JuicyBug

JuicyBug Regular Member

Happy owner of 2 Zelm Ultimate now, hope it last me forever :D Thank you sgbad, review coming soon after 1 more session of playing tomorrow

11. escape

escape Regular Member

Hi every1,

Just wanted to share my 2 cents worth in my first trial of the Ultimate a couple of days ago. Got a 2hrs workout with it. Just some quick specs. Although there's no sticker stating the weight, I am pretty sure its a 3U strung with BG66 at 25lbs.

Obvious from first hold, this racket is powerful not only in terms of smashing but also its construction. Well put together and nice paintwork. Again, Zelm delivers on another QUALITY product. My original racket is the PP10K and comparing to the Ultimate, the Ultimate feels longer.

During play, the Ultimate proves easy to get used to. Maneuverability is good, slower than the PP10K but faster than the Arc Z. Power is plentiful and easy to utilize. Most likely due to the stiffer shaft compared to the PP10K. Even for drops, the Ultimate shines. Drops are sharper and more accurate compared to the Arc Z or even the PP10K. Defense wise, its darn good. Strangely due to the head heavy nature of the racket, its easier for me to control the racket compared to the 10K or the Arc Z. Net drives are great, the racket is always where I needed it.

Anything bad?? Nothing major but I would prefer the shaft to be slightly less stiff. The head of the racket also seems more oval compared to PP10K. Makes me feel that the sweet spot is smaller but I need more time with the racket to know for sure. I would probably change the string to LiNing's AP62 though.

Overall, I like the Ultimate but I need more plays with it to say that it will be my go-to racket. A fantastic product from Zelm!

Will definitely put up a more detailed review once I get more time with the Ultimate.
    Smashing Time!!
    Edwin

12. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Thanks JuicyBug!:D I hope the bg80 will last you this time. I am sure the bg80 will last you much long than the bg66 if you dont hit so hard!:p Go easy on the shuttle pal.:p

Thanks for the detailed review escape.:D

13. JuicyBug

JuicyBug Regular Member

Initially, when i went to find Sgbad to test out the Zelms, I liked the PP10K the most because I felt that it had the certain "feel" and the head wasn't as heavy as the Ultimate which was less tiring for my weak wrist. I would rate, PP10K>Ultimate>PP9990. However, there was no more stock for PP10K and after some persuasion and explanation from Sgbad about the pros of the Ultimate, I finally got my first Zelm Ultimate with BG66@25lbs from him. Initially, I was afraid it will be tiring to use a 3U + head heavy racket because I found it quite heavy as compared to PP10K when I tried it before I bought it last time. However, after playing for a few games, I started to get the hang of the racket. It wasn't as head heavy as I thought (probably due to me having more strength after starting to gym more ^_^). The racket was also quite fast to swing with, causing me to mishit quite alot of times initially. However, if the shot could get into the sweet-spot, the smash was amazing. Stiffness was there but I feel that it wasn't taxing to my arm probably due to the PT shaft design? As time goes on, I liked it even more and now, I'm a proud owner of 2 Zelm Ultimate :D People who are thinking of getting the Ultimate but afraid that it might be too heavy for him/her? Do not worry, I think its quite heavy when i just hold it but when I swing and play with it, it does not feel heavy and is quite nice to smash or punch clear given its head heaviness and stiff shaft. Only bad point about the racket is the painting on frame could be better, e.g there were black line design overlapping certain places. Nonetheless, a highly recommended racket :D

14. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Thanks juicybug!:)

15. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

i concur with your findings. my pp9990 was so head heavy it cause me shoulder injuries :) the smash was consistently powerful due the forgiving nature of the pp9990. the us is less forgiving but has fantastic BOOM power.

16. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    The new ZELM jerseys will be coming in soon! Hopefully by next weekend.:D

I was assured that this new design will be much better than the previous few! Stay tuned!!! There will be 4 colours available:D

17. escape

escape Regular Member

Awesome!! Hope it looks good!!

Edwin

18. jazzyuen88

jazzyuen88 Regular Member

Servant

Hooray.....

I want 2 set of all the colour k...

19. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    It sure will!:D Will post pictures when i get my hands on it.:D

Sure jazzyuen88, will reserve size for you. Will PM you.:)

20. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Size Reserved!:D