Zhang Jiewen where are you?

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Just4Kicks, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Just4Kicks

Just4Kicks Regular Member

Chef
    I doubt if she will be included in the olympics... or the world championships even. The chinese squad has now 4 women's double gao/huang, wei yili/zhang yawen, du jing/yu yang and yang wei/ zhao tingting ( in place of poor zhang jiewen)

And when it comes to mixed there is xie zhongbo/zhang yawen, gao ling/zheng bo, he hanbin/ yu yang and zhang jun/ zhao tingting.

I really dont know what has happened, I guess one of her option is to retire from the squadthen move to another country -hongkong or malaysia (CTF!!!!)

I am very sure she will be more welcome there and badminton associations there would be very pleased to let her play..if she moves in HK, i guess with Wang Chen and Zhou Mi, IMHO we can have one serious challenger that might ( just might) topple the great wall in UBER cup.

2. Just4Kicks

Chef
    :crying:I doubt if she will be included in the olympics... or the world championships even. The chinese squad has now 4 women's double gao/huang, wei yili/zhang yawen, du jing/yu yang and yang wei/ zhao tingting ( in place of poor zhang jiewen)

And when it comes to mixed there is xie zhongbo/zhang yawen, gao ling/zheng bo, he hanbin/ yu yang and zhang jun/ zhao tingting.

I really dont know what has happened, I guess one of the best option is to retire from the squad then move to another country -hongkong or malaysia (CTF!!!!) Or maybe she can convince Yang Wei and do a "Chen Hong" im sure sponsors will flood in too.

If she moves in HK, i guess with Wang Chen and Zhou Mi, IMHO we can have one serious challenger that might ( just might) topple the great wall in UBER cup.

3. orchiid

orchiid Regular Member

not as easy as you think...
    even HK[not a country] welcome her maybe she couldn't find a proper partner there.

4. Just4Kicks

Chef
    Well yeah HK is not a country sorry for that but in the sporting world its considered as a seperate entity from China. Now lets not be nit picky cause thats beside my point. Point is she could transfer and play into another place like what zhou mi and wang chen did. Or Pi hongyan for that matter.

Anyways, anyone partnered with zhang will have at least an advantage, im not saying its easy, but im sure they wont bow down without a fight.

5. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    Yang Wei and Zhao bet Gao and Huang in the quarters of the doubles in CHina Masters. isn't there also a rule from BWF that any player moving to play for another has to wait 3-4 years before competing internationally? if so, by the time that's over, Zhang will be too old to play well for any country

6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Really? have to wait 3 or 4 yrs???Wang Li Li plays for INA now..she starts with Phillipine open next week...not sure how long she has to wait...

Zhou Mi does not have to wait that long to play for HK???right?

7. orchiid

orchiid Regular Member

it does cost 3 or 4? years if you want to play in OG [Wang chen has the right]
    but in 04 OG, a pingpong MD player of HK team who got a silver medal, hadn't been in HK team for 4 years, so...there still being little chance for ZM

#47 orchiid, Jul 13, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes, it's true...

...here's the news/related thread: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32832;)

9. rwchen

rwchen Regular Member

I feel sorry for ZJW. Her partnership with Yang Wei was abruptly split when they were the World Number One pair few months ago. Then, she did not get the chance to prove herself in XD in the China Masters. She was dealt a double blow when she can still play well and this must be a bitter pill to swallow. Yang Wei mentioned in her blog recently saying that she was not happy with some "matters" but she just has to accept it as there is nothing she can do. I am not sure whether the matters have to do with the change of partnership. The chance for ZJW to be at Beijing Olympics is getting slimmer and slimmer..this is a sad ending to a player who is still playing at a high level like her.

10. xavier felipe

xavier felipe Regular Member

Yup poor Zhang Jiewen

I dun know why that arrogant LYB prefers Zhao Tingting. I think Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen is much better then Yang/Zhao.

Zhao TT is not that good, she always have trouble to face Ra Kyung-min. Her body shape is even not better than Zhang. While Zhang Jiewen has good record against Ra Kyung-min in WD.

Ah I know now. Previously Yang Wei is from Hubei, partnered with Gao Ling while they were still junior and got the World Champ Junior.
    But suddenly Yang Wei moved to Guangdong.

I think Zhang Dan also faced this problem. Previously Zhang Dan/Zhang Yawen had good record against Wei Yili/Zhao Tingting. And sudddenly LYB split them and put away Zhang Dan.

I hope Zhang Jiewen can survive. She is still the best. Stupid LYB:mad:

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Her relationship with CTF is rock solid. And they are serious about each other.

12. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    That's good to hear. Hope the best for them. If ZJW is over in China and CTF if over in Malaysia, they can come out freelance and play XD. That'll be fun. But don't know. CTF always clowing around, how far can they get?

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

The point is: Has CTF popped the question? Otherwise how can she come over to M'sia? Why is CTF such a slowcoach? Or is he expecting her to pop the question? Of course LYB won't trust her since the bf can, on a rare inspired day, spoil his MD's glory. So LYB has to make ZJW look bad first before logically retiring her. CTF shouldn't assume she's his just because they are serious about each other. Like badminton, the match is not won until the final point is won and fortunes can change very quickly. But I must say CTF has good taste. ZJW's beauty grows on you, like what Teochews say,'nai toi'.

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    You will see after the Olympics. :)

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

That's too long to wait by today's standards. What's wrong with now?

16. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk
    In 2007 Malaysia Open, i use to hate Zhang Jiewen, but after she have been told to lose the XD match to He Hanbin-Yu Yang, i feel pity for her. The coach shouldn't have done that. It's cruel to the players. If Li Yongbo decided to continue to drop her from the Chinese team, i'm sure Zhang Jiewen will retired from her team and will join other countries. Maybe Malaysia would be the first options for her. Choong Tan Fook should encourage her more... She cried and everyone knows what had happened to her. If someone who wants to know how long have been Zhang Jiewen and Tan Fook get together, they should ask Chong Wei and the others teammates. They know it. I predict Li Yongbo hate Zhang Jiewen dating with Tan Fook b'coz he is China's enemy... HATE LI YONGBO!!!

17. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk
    Oh yeah, another things about Chong Wei. I read yesterday(13july) China Press paper, the press ask him whether he wants to date a gal from China just like his teammates, CTF with Zhang Jiewen from China, he answered with a red blushed face(shy), "I don't want to date a girl who play badminton". And this prove he's really not dating Wong Mew Choo... Chong Wei said he choose to retire after the 2008 beijing olympics games. If can, he wants to go back to his hometown to do some small business. He miss his parents and his home. He only goes back to Penang once a year in every Chinese New Year... Sad...

18. dranmo

dranmo Regular Member

Sales
    everyone said its because who she date but i am not sure is that the reason for that. after all her bf has been clear even in BC. I think LYB knows that for a long time already but there must be some other reason for not giving her a chance.

Is LYB not giving her a chance? after all there was awhile that she is pairing up with Gao Ling. of course we never know the real reason behind it and likely LYB will never tell the truth in the news.

19. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

After the defeating of Du/Yu to vita/natsir maybe LYB can count on Zhang JW again.She is a good player,If she can get a good partner,she will raise again.

20. xavier felipe

xavier felipe Regular Member

Agree, Zhang Jiewen is the best. I hope LYB could change his mind. Or maybe Zhang Jiewen/Zhang Dan?