Zheng Siwei/Huang Yaqiong

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 27, 2018.

1. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    the fact 'bwf.official' speaks unprofessionally and uses the grammar of a prepubescent tweener means it is unequivocally real.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I unfollowed the HYQ one.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Hmm, The very fact that the name BWF in documentation is not “BWF.official” makes the IG account look false

4. Zzzz

Zzzz New Member

Zsw clarified on weibo.

Attached Files:

skhai91, rhoder, Justin L and 2 others like this.
  5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

He doesn't have IG and advises people not to be taken in by the false account.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  6. Taehee

Taehee Regular Member

2019 World tour final - Zheng si wei and Huang ya qiong

7. phucle

phucle New Member

Huh...I don't understand why this pair receives few comments on this forum, considering they're the number 1 by a wide margin. Guess I will take a stab at it.
    Well...Huang follows the tradition of female Chinese players with her incredible strength (her legs muscle is BIG). Her wrist action at the net surpasses all other female players in power and decisiveness , rivaling Zhao Yun Lei's. Her defense is, again, second to none compared to the current crop of females. The other top females like Goh Liu Ying or Higashino have difficulty defending against a full power smash from male players; not so with Huang. She returns those smashes with interests. It's no secret that the Chinese pair love to attack. But if they have to defend, they have that option too.
    Zheng Si Wei...well...the whole package. Similar to Zhang Nan in his quickness, court coverage, and massive cross court punch, but ZSW also possesses the deadliest smash in mixed double, and he can dole it out constantly, unlike pretty much all other male players. No wonder why this pair, again and again, defeats all other pairs, new and old. The only risk I see is injury as the attacking style is unforgiving.

Strong favorite to win OG.

8. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

They’re so good and their strengths are well documented like what you described hence there is nothing much to discuss. There will be more discussion if some pairs start to rise to their challenge. Right now, I feel that Jordan/Oktavianti have the ability though I’m not sure they can keep the hardwork going. Wang/Huang are starting to be mentally defeated before they even start the match, since their rare win at World Tour Finals last year. But yes, they’re that good.

9. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

They do get nervous when they are not fully in the driving seat of a match/game - especially against good pairs. It manifests from ZSW's decreasing quality of attacks, defence and his facial expression of visible frustration.

samkool and rhoder like this.