Zulfadli Zulkifli

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Edmund96

Edmund96 Regular Member

-
    Wang Tzu Wei of Taiwan

2. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

He's talented but he's just not stable enough. Sometimes losing to someone he could beat.

3. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Zulfadli goes one up on BAM shuttlers with second title in Russia
    BY RAJES PAUL

[​IMG]

KUALA LUMPUR: Independent shuttler Zulfadli Zulkiffli believes that more good things are coming his way.

On Sunday, top seed Zulfadli won his second career title after beating Siril Verma of India 16-21, 21-19, 21-10 in a 63-minute men’s singles final at the Russian Open Grand Prix in Vladivostok.

Just a month ago, the 23-year-old won the Brazil Grand Prix for his first senior title in five years.

“I always get tensed up during a final and it was no different today. I made many unforced errors because of my nervousness,” said Zulfadli.

ADVERTISEMENT

“But I soon settled down after taking a 17-14 lead in the second game. Everything fell into place and I played with better control after that.

“It feels good to win again so soon. I am looking forward to more exciting times ahead,” said Zulfadli, a 2011 world and Asian junior champion.

He added: “I paid a lot of attention on my physical training and worked on my speed over the years. It’s bearing fruit and it’s showing in my game now. I’m more resilient than before on court.”

When asked whether he was only focusing on the lower-ranked Grand Prix tournaments, Zulfadli said: “I am mixing up my tournaments now. Like everyone else, I am playing in the Grand Prix tournaments. But I have played in the Superseries, too. I just want to build on my confidence and world ranking.”

The world No. 39 will next compete in the back-to-back Superseries tournaments in Denmark Open (Oct 18-23) and French Open (Oct 25-30).

One thing is for sure. Zulfadli is certainly doing better than all the second stringers and juniors in the Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) set-up.

Except for world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, none of the other BAM shuttlers – Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin, Soo Teck Zhi, Soong Joo Ven, Cheam June Wei and R. Satheishtharan – have won any Grand Prix title this season.

FINAL RESULTS

Men’s singles: Zulfadli Zulkiffli (Mas) bt Siril Verma (Ind) 16-21, 21-19, 21-10.

Men’s doubles: Vladimir Ivanov-Ivan Sozonov (Rus) bt Konstantin Abramov-Alexandr Zinchenko (Rus) 21-15, 21-14.

Women’s singles: Gadde Ruthvika Shivani (Ind) bt Evgeniya Kosetskaya (Rus) 21-10, 21-13.

Women’s doubles: Anastasia Chervyakova-Olga Morozova (Rus) bt Evgeniya Kosetskaya-Ksenia Polikarpova (Rus) 21-14, 22-20.

Mixed doubles: Pranaav Jerry Chopra-Reddy N. Sikki (Ind) bt Vladimir Ivanov-Valeria Sorokina (Rus) 21-17, 21-19.

http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/badminton/2016/10/09/zulfadli-wins-russian-open/

4. SibugiChai

YAB
    i wonder who are paying for ZZ air tickets & accommodation?

it seems like he can goes to expensive places to play where BAM players cannot afford to go.

not to mentioned that those tournaments where the level is not that high compare to grand prix in asia region.

i still remember misbun ramdan won 5 tournaments in europe even before he won anything in malaysia

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Russian Open previously didn't have many non Russian entries. However, a win is a win.

He must have very tolerant sponsors. He gives me the strong impression of always retiring during the bigger tournaments.

6. SibugiChai

YAB
    not sure if the winning money enough to cover for the travelling expenses ?

7. SibugiChai

YAB
    Tuesday, 25 October 2016 | MYT 9:47 PM

Zulfadli to add a match analyst to his entourage in bid to improve
    BY RAJES PAUL
    [​IMG]

PARIS: Independent men’s singles shuttler Zulfadli Zulkiffli will soon add a match analyst to his support team.

He has been relying on video uploads on YouTube all this while.

“At the China Open and Hong Kong Open next month, I will have a match analyst with me to give me additional scientific assessment ... that will be really helpful,” he said as he seeks to take his game to the next level.

His support team now comprises a coach (his father) and two experts – a personal trainer and a mental trainer – from the Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM).

“I’m so grateful that I’m getting so much support from UiTM,” said Zulfadli, who is pursuing a degree in sports science at UiTM.

Zulfadli, who lost 22-20, 12-21, 14-21 to Brice Leverdez of France in the opening round of the Denmark Open last week, hopes to perform better at the French Open.

“I’m not patient enough in my game ... I’m always too eager to finish off my opponents and I end up giving away points,” said the former world junior champion, who has been a professional player since he was 14.

Zulfadli has been promoted from the qualifying tournament to the main draw of the French Open and will take on China’s Huang Yuxiang in the first round on Wednesday.

He is in the same half as top seed Lee Chong Wei, Denmark Open runner-up Son Wan-ho of South Korea, compatriot Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin and two Indonesians – Ihsan Maulana Mustofa and Jonatan Christie.

Chong Wei faces Taiwan’s Hsu Jen-hao while Iskandar meets China’s Shi Yuqi in the first round.

Second seed Viktor Axelsen of Denmark is in the bottom half with team-mate Jan O Jorgensen, veterans Lee Hyun-il of South Korea, Boonsak Ponsana of Thailand, Taiwan’s Chou Tien-chen and India’s H.S. Prannoy.

In the first round of the qualifying tournament on Tuesday, Chong Wei Feng beat Emil Holst of Denmark 21-16, 21-19.
    http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/badminton/2016/10/25/zulfadli-to-add-match-analyst-to-team/

8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

well good luck with that...btw is he currently undergo further study while playing badminton tournament?

9. SibugiChai

YAB
    Thursday, 27 October 2016 | MYT 3:31 AM

Zulfadli marches on, early showers for BAM players in French Open
    BY RAJES PAUL

Goh V Shem and Tan Wee Kiong lost to Denmark's Kim Anders-Anders Skaarup Rasmussen 19-21, 17-21 at the French Open.

PARIS: Extra work at the gymnasium paid of big time for Zulfadli Zulkiffli at the French Open.

The independent shuttler Zulfadli kept the Malaysian flag flying high when he toiled for one hour and 14 minutes to beat Huang Yuxiang of China 24-22, 12-21, 22-20 to enter the men's singles second round at the Pierre de Coubertin Stadium on Wednesday.

He will take on Son Wan-ho of South Korea for a place in the quarter-finals in a Superseries for the first time.

"I am so happy to clear the opening round here after playing quite badly at the Denmark Open," said Zulfadli, who suffered a first round defeat in Denmark.

"I played well in the first game but lost focus in the second. I made many mistakes.

"Fortunately, I reminded myself to play patiently like I did in the first game - and it worked.

"I have worked hard to build my fitness and it is slowly bearing fruit."

On the match against Wan-ho in the second round on Thursday, he said: "We have a 1-1 record and hopefully, I will be able to give him a good fight."

Malaysia's challenge have ended in the men's doubles and women's doubles events.

Reigning Denmark Open champions Goh V Shem-Tan Wee Kiong went down 19-21, 17-21 to Kim Astrup-Anders Skaarup Rasmussen of Denmark in the men's doubles first round.

Teo Ee Yi-Ong Yew Sin lost 17-21, 17-21 to Mohammad Ahsan-Berry Angriawan of Indonesia.

It was also all over for Vivian Hoo-Woon Khe Wei when they went down 16-21, 16-21 to Naoko Fukuman-Kurumi Yonao of Japan in the first round.

Besides Zulfadli, only mixed doubles Lai Pei Jing-Tan Kiang Meng survived the first round of the French Open.

Independent shuttler Chong Wei Feng fell by the wayside against Hong Kong's Angus Ng Ka Long 15-21, 4-21.

http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/badminton/2016/10/27/badminton-wrap-up-french-open/

10. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

He should join BAM.. I don't know what he want to prove for being independent.. Still stagnant

justinloong likes this.
  11. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Still the same ZZ from 2011, no evolution of gameplay or style. If he want to be better, he have to join BAM.
    I daresay Lee Zii Jia and Leong Jun Hao is better than him in almost every aspect except experience.

12. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Tis a pity. Wasted potential

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

13. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

He is gone already. A few prime year already gone just by losing and no improvements.

14. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

25 years still can.. hopefully a "late bloomer"

15. wahchai305

wahchai305 Regular Member

i was there courtside to witness his gutsy effort(QuarterF); picked up an ankle injury mid-match; and had to concede a semi-final walkover. unlucky? perhaps. prone to injury? probably. testy on court? definitely. credit to his old man, who is always the calm voice courtside.

16. Master

Master Regular Member

Norza said the BAM would finalise the teams for the first two events – the Commonwealth Games and the Thomas-Uber Cup qualifiers – at the coaching and training committee meeting tomorrow.

I’ve given the mandate to the coaches to name the best players. We’ll include independent players too if the coaches can justify their selection,” said Norza.

Independent players that the BAM are likely to consider are doubles shuttler Tan Boon Heong and men’s singles player Zulfadli Zulkiffli.

[Source]