Grip Solutions for me?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by jeremy leung, Apr 21, 2019.

1. jeremy leung

jeremy leung Regular Member

Hello. So I use primarily a jetspeed s10 3ug5 edition with bg80 strung around 27-29.5 lbs for mains and 29.5-33 lbs crosses with bg80 depending on how much I am feeling.(generally more aound the 28 lb mark unless for tournament.) Currently my setup is just one thin layer of gr-50, and one ac402ex over the wood. I love the setup but I have very sweaty hands. For the life of me I can barely function with a towel grip(though I've only tried it once) and love pu grips. Is there any solutions because my grips get slippery very fast with this problem. Thanks!
    edit- I meant 102ex my bad

#1 jeremy leung, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  2. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

You can try using a grip powder. I haven't tried this myself but I've heard from my clubmates that it's helpful.

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

3. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Grip powder is not good on PU grips. OP needs to use towel grips (good ones) and use grip powder.

4. jeremy leung

@llrr what are some good towel grips that you recommend? I would prefer them to be very thin like my setup. Any recommendations? Do you know what towel lyd used when he was still with yys? I'm willing to give them another chance as the first one I tried was really cheap and by some unnamed brand

5. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Can you describe what exactly is the issue with towel grips from your experience so far? I have the same issue with sweaty hands and new super grap feeling slippery very quickly, so I moved to towel grips. The best one by far is AC402DX, which you can only get by importing from Japan such as Rakuten. It costs a lot though compared to 402ex, but is much much thinner and is perfect on top of a thin layer of cushion wrap.

6. jeremy leung

@llrr I think I will get ac402ex. Though the thickness puts me off a bit. I had this unnamed one and it was just awful. It was so thick it was like a tennis grip and it would absorb like an hour of sweat then be like sand paper. Is this a similar experience with 402ex? Also does the color make a difference? I'm buying black

7. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Towel grips in general don't last very long, max 2 sessions for me. When it turns hard it's time to change it. I don't think colour makes a difference with towel grips.

8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Most of sweat doesnt come from our palm.
    Our arm, armpit, neck, head does sweat.
    So it might be that your upper part body sweat flow to your arm.
    Try using armband, it might help to stop sweat flow to your arm.

badmintony likes this.
  9. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

A sweatband does indeed help really well, in addition you can use the following:
    [​IMG]

badmintony likes this.
  10. Victor68

Victor68 Regular Member

I also have sweaty palm. All grips will be wet very fast. I was thinking, if we wear a surgical rubber groves, will this help? Have anyone tried?

11. VeritasC&E

VeritasC&E Regular Member

:D I just LMAO imagining myself playing badminton with surgical gloves at the club. The look would definitely be worth trying.

If you've tried it out please post photos and an account of your experience!