Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Do not understand why China should be given the SS rights if a lot of top players do not even bother participating and showing their support to increase the prestige of the tournament by competing...

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Agreed. :D:D:D

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    to be a Premeir SS event, you need

(1) lots of $$$$ money, at least US$500,000.
    (2) excellent facility and enviroment. (matt, air draught, lighting, floor, etc). Good practice area. Close proximity to hotel.
    (3) good water, food, and nutrition
    (4) excellent people running the show, umpirees, line judges and referees, doctors, physiothrapists, nutritionalist, etc.
    (5) if there is a gym and a track/field, even better.. swimming pool, A+

4. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Ok sorry for getting off-topic...btw judging from what LXR said quoted from an interview after winning the All England, does she really mean what she said about her olympic prospects.

I know it's not up to her to decide whether she wants to go or not. If it were true, the outcome in her favour will make her fall into a state of feeling guilty for hampering one of her much more illustrious teammates' chances of qualifying. or is it ? :p

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

You have to believe that's the CBA PR machine talking.

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    We, in Australia, are working on upgrading our GP Gold tournament to the next level, to the SS tournament. Hope that it could happen soon.
    :):):)

7. evinkar

evinkar New Member

Anyone can enlighten me on what racket model she's using right now?

8. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Li Xuerui had the easiest draw in the India Open whereas Wang Shixian has to battle Saina, Baun and Schenk on the other half of the draw..

Tough times for Wang Shixian..deep inside she must be cursing and voodoo-ing LXR to lose in the early round.

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    LXR, WSX, TB and Schenk are participating? But I thought you had mentioned that they (top players) would not bother participating? :confused:

And if WSX needs to resort to cursing and voodoo and stuff against her own team-mate (instead of letting her racquet doing the talking,) maybe she doesn't deserve her ranking or seeding, or to even be in the China team, eh? What do you think?

10. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    It doesn't look very fair to her right now. She has been playing and trying hard in every tournament since 2010 and to think she has done enough to qualify for the Olympics not as top favourite but someone who is keen to be one of the medallists at least (meaning she thinks WYH and WX stand better chance to win the gold than her and she would be proud to standing next to them), then some player who was footsoldier did well in only the past two weeks and has caught the attention of LYB, consequently leaving WSX out of the intensive training scheduled for WYH and WX,

In her shoes, how would you feel when you are asked to play in India Open while the other two are training intensively at home because of this one player LXR? Fans think it's not fair to blame her for having such thoughts when she has walked to this kind situation.

#170 Miqilin7, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  11. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

agree with cobalt. WSX can use this as test for her mentality.. if she can pass this, she maybe even has the chance to grab the gold instead 2 other wangs.
    btw, a bit unfair too to stated LXR just did well in the last 2 weeks. WR#4 isn't that easy to achieve i think.

12. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

The battle has two sides. First getting to WR4 and second being better than the pack of other WS's in the Chinese team. She just received more attention now because she won two tournaments in a row, beating the queen (WYH) in the second.

sometimes a good win is all you need, both for moral, points and attention.

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    In January 2010, LXR began her journey ranked in the 140's. She played a lot of tournaments, slowly and consistently made her way up the rankings and finished 2010 ranked 11 in the world.

It doesn't require a very Mensa-ish IQ to accept that breaking into, and remaining in the top 10 requires a consistency which most of us can only talk about, academically, and like we really understand. The fact is, we don't really know from experience. Even if you factor in conspiracy-theory stuff like LYB etc, the player needs to perform, day in and day out, at a freakishly high level.

LXR spent most of 2011 in the teens, but finally broke through for good in December last year. But the really revealing stat is that her ranking shot up more quickly after than, when it is becomes a huge task to gain every single ranking point from 10 upwards.

She must be doing something right. Very right. And it has nothing to do with LYB, or any other player.

WSX broke into the top 5 in August 2010 and has never fallen below 5 ever since. In fact, since January 2011, she has never been ranked lower than 3. She too, must be doing something right.

If all 4 CHN players qualify for OG selection, then the CBA bosses will decide which 3 girls will represent China at the OG. I think they know their job better than we give them credit for. After all, CBA has won more titles and medals at TC, UC, OG, AG, BAC and WC in the last 5-8 years than any other country; possibly (and sadly, from my point of view) more than all others combined.

If in the process one of the girls has to be left out, it's just life. It's still a better life than working in the fields, or in an assembly line, or starving in an AIDS-ridden African country. It's all a matter of perspective.

14. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Nevertheless, WS is going to be slightly open this time because the Chinese players nowadays apart from Lin Dan can choke easily.

Li Xuerui has been amazing no question about it in German and All England Open. However, I am still slightly concerned by her sudden rise as though she has just peaked at the wrong time and it wont last for a long duration.

Furthermore, i havent seen her comfortably beating the slightly lesser threatening players like Bae Younjoo, Sung JH and Taiphoon as well as the Japs and Thais. Of course from the seeding perspective, those are the players you definitely gonna meet first before facing Baun or Nehwal in the Olympics. Forget about this Nehwal, the chinese can start worrying about her once they advance to the semis as long as you can overcome these batch of players.

In comparison, when WSX is at her best, she along with WYH are immune to upsets by these players. I wont worry too much or sweat about their probability of losing to these players. Based on my analysis, I notice Wang Xin is the one who has been losing a lot to these players in the first/second rounds of the SS more than Wang Shixian and Wang Yihan. The risk and chances of WX losing early is so much higher compared to Wang Shixian if you look at it that way. But of course, i never forget the main reason of her inclusion is because she has a flawless record against Baun...but what are the chances of you meeting Baun??? 1/4 ?

Li Xuerui hasnt proven yet to overcome these batch of players yet. As far as i could remember, she lost to Bae Younjoo before WSX eventually beat her to win the title subsequently. That's another thing CBA should take note of...

Back to Li Xuerui, from the start of 2011 she has been playing the footsoldier role for the three Wangs and slowly accumulated points to reach the top four. So the BAC and India Open will be a good gauge for her performance against the first batch of opponents before eventually faced Baun or Nehwal.

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

What are the chances of the 3 selected to be WYH, WSX and LXR?

WX to be excluded; yes, her recent form has been worrying

16. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    That's the problem...i see her exiting the Olympics more likely than Wang Shixian/Wang Yihan

17. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    WSX knows very well WX and WYH will be selected and there's no way she would pray one of them to be displaced because she had quite a respect for both of them especially WX.

LXR is the main reason why WSX is put in this situation now...If LXR remains in the fifth spot after All England, i bet all three of them will be absent from India Open to train intensively for the Uber and Olympics.

But having said that; WX has from time and time again proven she could bounce strongly to win the tournament after she lost the previous one. But I am worry which tournament she will not screw up....

18. madbad

madbad Regular Member

LYB is never shy to make decisions to serve CHN so personal sentiments can be thrown out of the window. Remember he wasn't hesitant in relegating WYH after he UC meltdown. I don't, know...maybe I'm stirring the pot a little here with WX.

19. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    There's no need to speculate who is to be included and excluded. WYH and WX are assured of a place by LYB. The absence from India Open says it all. WSX must be hating LXR to the core...

The draw seems impossible for WSX to make a good impression so I have feeling she might be also dropped as a third WS in the Uber Cup.

Correct me if i am wrong. Could a nation finalise the players they wish to send after Thomas/Uber Cup competition or earlier ? Then WSX has already put aside her loyalty and hope China's Uber Cup defeat serves her agenda. The best outcome would be China losing the Uber Cup because of Li Xuerui from the decisive match. That would play out well in WSX's plot as she has nothing to lose and cant be blamed for the defeat. She can always target to recapture the Uber in 2 years time. That's not an issue right now..

20. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    As others have said, you dont get to be world number 4 in two weeks. Likewise WSX has had longer time surely to prove she is better and yet she is only one place above?

For me WSX is pretty boring and has a game that can be beaten. LXR has a fast paced control game and is more likely to become a champion. WSX style can be beaten by playing her more.

Either way, lets just wait and see!