Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Although a junior is in the finals of the MS and WS it doesn't augur well for the future of Chinas badminton. The juniors are just not good enough and I put it down to the coaches not doing enough. Yes there are some bright sparks like Wu Xin, Xu Yiming and Lu Guangzu, and even Zhao Junking but they made simple mistakes showing a lack of the finer points of their training. What the CBA should be doing is to put them into one group and concentrate on improving their skills. Also to send them out into the world. If the juniors lose the finals doesn't it mean that the quality of Chinas badminton hasn't advanced since London 2012!!!

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

There is no substitute for experience, and the only way for these promising, talented juniors to gain it is to send them to as many international tournaments as possible. Put them to the grind, expose them to the toughest environment, throw them into the deep water as the can swim already but just not well and confident enough.

Stop wasting their talents back home ! We have seen so many young players in China that would be the envy of other BAs who will not hesitate to give them the best resources and exposure in the international arena until one or two emerge as champions-in-the-making.

C'mon, CBA, you can well afford it, there's no lack of resources, money is no object for you, I think.

I really can't wait for the likes of these wannabes to rise and shine in good time - MS Lu Guangzu, Xu Yiming, Wu Xin, Zhao Junpeng (he has some exposure but not enough), and WS Han Yue, Wang Zhiyi, Gao Fangjie, Zhang Yiman (the last three named only played occasionally in the pro circuit as compared to their peers overseas who are regular attendees). I'm sure there a few other hidden gems waiting to be discovered if given the right opportunity.

Over these few years, Chinese badminton is on shaky ground, you really need to inject new blood as soon as possible. Stop the slide and turn things around. Act fast !

3. antssantss

Retired
    Congratulations to Chen Yufei for winning the Chinese national championships. At least in the womens Game the change is taking place. Nothing against WSX.
    Now that the best performing juniors are clear the CBA should gather them under a team of coaches etc to play in tournaments overseas. This will sharpen their skills and give them confidence.
    There are so many players in China at a high standard. I can't see why there shouldn't be Chinese players playing in parallel tournaments . You see this in many of the other Asian countries. For example the senior team is playing in Japan but not in and Singapore because its taking place at the same time. But if you have more than one team why can't they play there as well. The tournament benefits as well and would be happy to see China sending their team,

4. antssantss

Retired
    The Indonesians will be coming!! Take note. In the recent Celcom Axiata Malaysia International junior Open, there were 61 junior players from Indonesia. Both the MS and WS had about 40 players.Consequently they were in all the finals tomorrow except for the WS and WD. China had three MS and four Ws players. This is serious business. It looks like the IBA is going all out to bring back the great days when they ruled the badminton arena. I am looking forward to more exciting players from them.

5. antssantss

Retired
    My humble wish after seeing the best of the China juniors is to have LGZ, Wu Xin and Xu Yiming join SYQ, ZJP and the rest in the national team. Then the second tier of juniors comprising Bai Yupeng,Guo Xinwa, Li Shifeng, Gu Junfeng, Gao Zhengze and Ren Chengming, plus any other talented juniors to be in a second national team.
    I just hope the CBA will move in this direction soon as we will get to see some exciting badminton from China.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Many of the younger CHN players and pairs who played at the CNG are not skipping the Korea Open next week. It will be their third or fourth back-to-back tournaments for most of them, viz., Qiao Bin, Huang Yuxiang, Zhao Junpeng, Chen Yufei, He Bingjiao, Chen Xiaoxin, Huang Kaixiang/Wang Yilu, Huang Dongping/Li Yinhui, Huang Yaqiong/Yu Xiaohan, Du Yue/Xu Ya, Zheng Siwei/Chen Qinchen, WangYilu/Huang Dongping, including the established seniors Zhang Nan/Liu Cheng.

Not only that, many of them are also going to the JPN Open the following week, making it their 5th back-to-back tournaments, unprecedented I think, can they make it ?

7. antssantss

Retired
    The MS for China ended in the first round of the Victor Korea Open with H Yuxiang and Bin Qiao eliminated. Wouldnt it be interesting to see some of the juniors like LGZ, Xu Yiming and Wu Xin plus others in future tournaments tigether with these two

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I second that.

9. antssantss

Retired
    The Asian U15 and U17 Championships are taking place in Yangon, Myanmar on the 4th to 8th October.
    I Hope and pray that China is represented. It will be so much more interesting if they are there.

10. antssantss

Retired
    Well done HBJ, overcoming SJH in the Korean Open today. When HBJ plays like that its so lovely to watch. She looks like she is tired but I personally dont think so. Her fitness has improved which is why she has such lovely footwork. Its noticeable that she can vary the speed of her game and during the long rallies she maintains her composure, which is a sign of fitness. But to be able to execute her tricky shots for three sets, she needs to be much fitter. If she has that in her "armour" she will be a really difficult player for anyone.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

At the moment, I see the future of CHN WS ih the hands of 19-yr-old Chen Yufei, 20-yr-old He Bingjiao and 19-yr-old Chen Xiaoxin.

Then there are a few others who attracted my attention and showed promise, such as Gao Fangjie, Han Yue, Zhang Yiman, Wang Zhiyi, Li Wenmei, all under 20 years old.

I'm not sure if the now 23-yr-old Hui Xirui can still make it. She was briefly an ex-national player some years ago but faded without any impressive results but her performance since then, mostly in domestic tournaments, has been moderately successful, her last tournament victory was the Smiling Fish Int'l Challenge 2017 in Thailand, in May. I guess she has to convince the CBA coaches first.

12. antssantss

Retired
    To bring Kento Momota back to his old game he has been sent to the Belgian Open which he just won. Why doesnt the CBA send the three MS and WS players who performed well in the recent China games to tournaments overseas like the JBA did with Momota. I am refering to Lu Guanzu, Wu Xin and Xu Yiming. Lu Guanzu in particular is an exciting player and should be given an opportunity like Momota.
    There is also the WS player who won in The Celcom Axiata Malysian junior open, Chen Nianzu. When are we going to see these young players on the circuit?

13. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Morten Frost is available for a coaching position. @Justin L

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Oh, OK, I see. Not unexpected, it's a matter of time, esp after the LCW outburst and then the SEA Games flop by MAS. Still his undeniable contributions to MAS badminton should not go unrecognised or unappreciated. All the best to Morten Frost in his future endeavours.

15. antssantss

Retired
    How disappointing China and Korea didnt send any players for the U15 and U17 Badminton Asia Junior Championships in Myanmar beginning October 4th. I wonder whats their rationale for this?

16. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Xue Song gone after his knee injury?

17. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Qiao Bin is pure useless and only good at vsing domestic players.

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I don't think he is in the Nippon Badminton Association just yet.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lin Guipu who was last heard returning to intensive training about a month ago as someone mentioned on zhangyutv, no wnews about him yet. His back injury must be quite serious to take him out for so long. He is one year Shi Yuqi's junior, 20 years old now.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Xue Song's comeback seems problematic. He didn't do well at the CBSL and the CNG. One major knee injury and another smaller ankle injury a couple months later and he's struggling to make a comeback.