2 vs 1 : Service rule HELP

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by om patel, Oct 25, 2023.

1. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Hi

i Play 2 vs 1 alot because im a bit better then the others in my group and love
    To push myself, so

for the 2 player side we play single
    Lines

for me i get the double lines

So for my service serve what line do I get ?

For me i think its fair to get the singles line as
    Im playing two players and need to push the serve as far as back so it allows
    Me time… we always fight and they say its doubles line for me which to me
    Makes not
    Sense i could be wrong ! I dont agrue as im confidence im either going to
    Beat them anyways LOL or try my very best to.

2. phihag

phihag Regular Member

There is no set rule; you should come to an agreement before the game starts.

Generally, if it is an exercise for singles players where you rotate, then you'd use the singles court both during the game and for service.

But it sounds like you are insisting to play singles at a doubles session. Under these circumstances, the doubles players should be able to do doubles serves, and you should have to cover the entire doubles court during the rally.

By the way, make sure your behavior is respectful. From what you're describing you are requesting privileges that nobody else gets and then even arguing about it, which is a bit of an a-hole move. Consider partnering with the weakest players in the group.

s_mair and ucantseeme like this.
  3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It’s a training exercise. I think it’s good training that you can only use the back doubles line for when you serve. You don’t want to make things too easy for yourself :D

s_mair, ucantseeme and phihag like this.
  4. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

-

Traditionally, if you are the 1 and they are the 2. You are playing on a singles court and they are on a doubles court.

So they serve singles to you, and you serve doubles to them.

If that is still too easy for you, then you play whole court. By yourself. And both sides serve doubles rules.

Have fun and don't injure yourself from moving or hitting too hard :)

dnewguy likes this.
  5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

There is no absolute rule here. All come back to us how we had fun with it & create our own version of rule.
    Few times i play this fun games version. Normally when we had less player coming or on the last half hour where everyone tired & there still some want to play yet no one want.

Basic rule when we play 2v1, the 1 play single rule & the 2 play double. But when the skill gap are to much, sometimes i would play double rule to & even worst when its totally beginner i would put more handicap as using service area at the front court forbiden to me.

Like few weeks ago, there is only 3 people coming including me. I could enjoy normal single with my close friend (we both more or less on the same boat). But the other one is basically high beginner or early intermediate. To makes him able to had fun (he had drive 1 hour long to come here anyway. Sending him home would be rude & both me & my friend definitely wont last long playing single for 3 rented hour. So little happy games in the middle wont hurt either), we would play little fun rule. I play full single court, while he play half court (we put our bags on both left & right side plus our towel, & etc to mark his area of play). It wont be to much exhausting to him yet everyone could enjoy the games.

Create your own version of rule with your friend & makes agreement where everyone would follow the rule.

BadmintonDave likes this.