2007 Boston Open.

Discussion in '2007 Tournaments' started by Viper2005, May 4, 2007.

1. Lake Success

Lake Success Regular Member

Thanks all for the sharing!!

i WENT there late, and missed games played earlier. Actually Jessica Zhang is a quite good player as well, how come she lost early^^? Maybe i'm not that professional, but i like her footwork, like ballet dancer:)
    Is she pre-prof. Chinese player too? Is she coaching as well:D ?

---

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic-A few comments..

Wayne, just a few comments from me, if you don't mind..;)

Re your 1st reason, personally, i haven't converted an HDV file to a standard DV format yet. However, i have done a similar compression from a regular DV format(Mini-DV). As an example, if you haven't noticed in one of the 2007 Tournament's sub-forum, there's a thread titled 2007 U.S. Nationals. I have some links to some videos, which i had compressed and uploaded to Google, in one of the posts.
    I would assume you are using one of the Sony HDV camcorder?? And you have a HDV tape. If so, in order for you to convert/compress the HDV format, you'd have to import the file from your camcorder using a firewire cable. I would guess your camcorder should have some features which will allow you to import the HDV files. Once you've imported the files to your computer, from there you can then edit or compress/convert the files into DVD or lower resolution format file(ie. mpeg, mpeg2, wmv)--->roughly similar process as compressing from DV format to lower resolution formats..;)
    Anyways, if you want more info about this, you can go to:
    http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=758918 or
    www.videohelp.com........tons of help there..;) :cool:

Re your 2nd reason, to be frank with you, yes, the whole process will be quite time consuming, which include the uploading of the videos..Depending on the size of the file you are uploading and your connection speed, the uploading process should be either a breeze or a "pain"..:p

Re your 3rd reason, yes, i can understand that..:cool:

Re your last reason, yes, i can understand that too...:cool:

#42 ctjcad, May 8, 2007
    Last edited: May 8, 2007
  3. BostonU

BostonU Regular Member

jessica's footwork is very good, she was on the Fujian provincial training team when she was in China. She won a couple of national collegiate champs (B league, no pros) when she attended Jimei University where she received daily pro training.

i dont think she played singles this year, she paired up with Hsin-I Lu from Harvard for womens doubles, Hsin-I is actually as good as Jessica but she is just kinda loosy nowadays. shes from taiwan and competed competitively back in high school and college.

4. BostonU

BostonU Regular Member

Jessica used to be our coach (Boston U). I used to be able to beat her but prolly not anymore after she picked up her training with the daphne chang gang.

i think her weak point is her endurance and power, and sometimes her mental strength is questionable as well. she lost to caroline anderson at the Boston invitational tournament. Caroline anderson is not supposed to be at the same level as jessica, BU's first lady's player Lily Fan(lili Zhou's partner at Boston Open) actually defeated caroline at the 2006 bay state game in both singles and doubles (jessica didnt play). and jessica can beat lily very easily in singles, supposely.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    of course you are! we will continue to go out to take badminton photos regardless of what the website will become.

6. BrunoLi

BrunoLi Regular Member

Wayne, I am the guy sit next to you at the back in the finals

Hi, Wayne:
    Thanks for sharing the nice pictures you took. I was the guy watched your expensive equipment when you went out to bathroom in the final games.
    You looked very good with all the woman double players from CA. :D
    Bruno

7. shreky

shreky Regular Member

8. yannie

yannie Regular Member