2014 Yonex New Racket (Voltric Z-Force II / VT-ZF2)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZeroSOFInfinity, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Incorrect! Both Sydney and Melbourne are in the top 10 most expensive cities to live on the planet. There's lots of BS when it comes to companies justifying prices, but the biggest contributing factor is historical price levels and lack of external pressure.

350 bucks for something that costs about 20 bucks to make is criminal.

2. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Visitors to All Englands should be aware that they are paying top prices on all products sold. Generally they sell at RRP or slightly below which bears no resemblence to what the online stores will charge. That's why not as many people buy.

Yonex are praying on those that will not wait and want to get the goods before others. Shoes are the same because viewers see players are using a certain shoe they step into the sales area and buy. It's almost like brain-washing.

This happens every year and sadly there is little you can do about it.

On the other hand, Victor had a sales showroom across the road from the arena, literally just over 200 metres away in an apartment. They sold products and were not selling at RRP. It's a shame they didn't advertise more.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

3. nazibur

nazibur Regular Member

I'm sorry to take the capitalist point of view here - the entrepreneur in me has to - but the price of anything in life is based on what people are willing to pay, it is dictated by the market, not by the few who simply cannot/do not want to pay what the rest are willing too.

Companies do not have to "justify" or "pray" on anyone, they simply - and rightly - will price their products however much they want (usually the highest amount they feel they can get). Then, if it's overpriced the product will fail or the price will eventually have to come down, as the alternative for the company will be to go out of business. Surly anyone here who has sold a car or house remembers, the first thing they did was to check the 'value' of their property, value being what people are willing to pay for their car or property -- but I digress.

Again as I said, I got the ZFII for £10 less than the RRP, I also got the Carlton X67 worth £8 plus free stringing, and the racquet shipped to me for free (as I wanted a non-Yonex string strung which they were not doing in a Yonex sponsored event) this to me was a good deal. I did not feel prayed upon. Making it £182 in value, I doubt it will be much cheaper online when it arrives judging by the price of the ZSpeed.

Nevertheless, great site Paul. I have find and found your reviews extremely helpful many times in my purchasing decisions. Can't wait to read your thoughts on the ZFII.

P.S *in cheeky voice* Your courses are too expensive, you should charge half the amount :) *banter*

4. okooko

okooko Regular Member

Student
    As long as the individual is happy with the product.
    You get slight movements in price as the exchange rates change on a day to day basis.

The arc11 and vtzf2 i bought both were under 200 unstrung, plus stringing and shipping brought them around 220 mark

5. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Nazibur, I'm fully au fait with how the capitalism system works, however you are incorrect in saying that companies can charge whatever they like. In fact, there are many mechanisms in place to prevent companies from colluding, price fixing, price gouging, and various others. Companies do not have carte blanche over what they can charge.

I think there is a real cultural issue where companies feel that a 900% margin on top of the cost of manufacture is a fair price, and an equally negative issue if consumers are happy to be gouged, or lied to about the true cost of things such as say servicing warranty, or freight and handling costs, or whatever.

That old school Amaricana style of capitalism is dead, where you can just lie, cheat and steal all in the name of profit. The internet killed that. Fairness and transparency rule now. Nobody is denying anyone a profit, but when there is a 30% price difference for something that only exists because 'that's what we can get away with', then those days are well and truly on their way out.

I'm all for entrepreneurism, I just don't like the lies, deceit, smoke-and-mirrors part of it that some think are part-and-parcle. I'm more than happy for forums like this to campaign against dodgy business practices, and I encourage informed consumers to keep being informed.

6. okooko

okooko Regular Member

Student
    But my YY is JP coded...
    It's totally worth the 30% extra....

$100 extra for a bag...lol

7. nazibur

nazibur Regular Member

A county where the government can dictate the price of non-essential products - such as water, petroleum, gas and so on - to private corporations, is known as a Nazi state. Far as I'm aware, thankfully, no such state exists in this day and age. Price fixing, colluding and monopolies are a different beast altogether. Fancy expensive racquets is not a human right, it is a luxury.

Eg. If decided to release a racquet and price it at £1000plus VAT, I'm totally in my right to do so and no government body can tell me otherwise. It's not price gouging nor fixing, it's what I think my time and skills are worth, correctly or incorrectly it is still my right to do so.

People always seem to forget corporations are also ran by people, for the profit of other people, with exactly the same freedom as you or I.

As I cheekily hinted, Paul would not like it if people started telling him what he can and cannot charge for his time.

Lastly Manufacturing is a tiny, tiny part of the total cost of a product, biggest usually being R&D and marketing.

8. nelson1990

nelson1990 Regular Member

student
    230244r5bgb2z00llf52j1.jpg

230245n2fy9z3z339yp2s3.jpg

Here you go, the legendary 3u Arc FB :p

source: www.at700.com and bbs.badmintoncn.com

9. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

10. Rocker

Rocker Regular Member

Students
    Wait a minute.... Whose racket is that?
    At first I thought it is Ahsan's racket, since it uses rubber grip(AC102 maybe?). But after look closely to the code, it is DK, isn't it? So, it belong to Ahsan or Morgensen?

11. nelson1990

student
    I suppose it belong to Morgensen!

12. picard500

picard500 Regular Member

Mechanic
    That is certainly the most plausible possibility!!

13. Deity

Deity Regular Member

14. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Would luv to get my hand on this :D

15. picard500

picard500 Regular Member

Mechanic
    You´re mistaken, this is surely a repainted Z-Force. And played doubles with a 4U/G4 ZF it seems to me, that a FB could be only for ladies...:)!!!!

16. Snago

Snago New Member

The shaft and the frame on the voltric z force II are very thin and I fear that it break easily as FB.
    You think that voltric z force II is solide ? more solide that the voltric z force v1 ?

17. nelson1990

student
    ZF2 is not as fragile as ARC FB, but you can only find 3UG4 in France. I advice you to buy it from other places.

18. Snago

Snago New Member

Why you advice me to buy in other places than in France ? 3U4G is bad ? I think to buy it.

19. nelson1990

student
    It depends on what you want. Coz I couldn't find any 4UG4 neither 4UG5 in France. If you are searching those weight and size, you might have to buy them outside of France :)

20. Unleash

Unleash Regular Member

Hi all, this is my short reviews on zf2 and its all personal. Everyone's body mechanic is different. I would focus on the common shots for a comparison. The bracket [] points serve as my grading.

Racket: ZF2 3U/G5
    Previous rackets: vt80, VZF, At700
    Tension: 29lb (main/cross same, even out to be about 29.4+ to be exact)

The Clears [4/5]
    I started off with some light clears without using wrist work to test whether how demanding the racket can go. As expected it couldn't go too far with average distance. However, once your snappy wrist is in (assuming you are doing it with correct technique) it goes far and loud. If you do not have consistent good technique, the racket is not forgiving at all pls note.

The Drives [5/5]
    I got a few friends to be the receivers of the drives. Flat drives speed was remarkable, they could notice the speed of the shuttle towards them was consistent and fast. Long full court drives were considerably ok, but the outstanding part is the mid court drive where it could go out so be careful.

The Defence [4/5]
    It was good and as good as vt80 defense but your wrist power and timing must be there. Moreover, with the smaller head, precision must observe especially if you are tired. The weighted head helps to propel the shutter back far and high.

The Drops and around the net [4.5/5]
    As expected from a heavier racket, the feel and drops are solid. although you can feel the weight of the racket, it is still as fast perhaps with the extra slim shaft employed.

The Smash [4.5/5]
    First Voltric series are designed to go for power, so i got as usual a few friends to be the receivers. The constant comments were fast and none others. When in game even my own partner can see and feel the shutter speed towards the opponents court and that got him excited too. Nonetheless, the followed drawback was pretty obvious as well. After one to three continuous smashes, you will start to feel tired. Likely due to the extra stiffs shaft that was similar to zf. So for doubles play you may want to consider again if your style is smashing ftw. If you are a zf user previously you will get what i mean.

My comments
    Zf2 is a good racket which is faster but overall ZF packed more power if you really want to compare thats y i rated it a 4.5. I noticed the extra weight on the head as well as the base, likely again due to the extra slim shaft. If you want something more balance, ZF2 would be an ideal choice.

Cheers!