Agus Haryanto bt Taufiq Hidayat 7-1 7-4 7-2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by theConfused, Jul 26, 2001.

1. theConfused

theConfused Guest

From Al's report:

Agus Haryanto bt Taufiq Hidayat 7-1 7-4 7-2

Taufiq Hidayat is the same person by the name of Taufik Hidayat?

2. Al

Al Guest

No, pal... Taufiq Hidayat is in the junior team. Don't think he is related to Taufik Hidayat except for sharing the same name.

3. Yudhi

Yudhi Regular Member

Student
    Not Taufiq Hidayat but Taufik Hidayat :)

4. moreConfused

moreConfused Guest

so, Taufiq is junior Taufik, right?

I got more confused. No matter who this Taufiq is, it seems he's totally ignored by every one, by the office IBF, even don't have a player id number, totally ignored by news media. We can read all news, even irrelevant news about both vateran Hendrawan, and young blood Sony Dwi KUNCORO. There is just simply no any information about this mysterial Taufiq!!!!

5. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Hey Mr. Confused,

Yup, Taufiq is junior Taufik. If I'm not wrong, what Yudhi was trying to say is that his name is also spelled T-A-U-F-I-K, instead of with a "q" as posted by Al(personally, I'm not sure which is the correct spelling).

Something abt Taufik-the-younger though: apparently he plays for the Indonesian club Jaya Raya and lots of fans turned up to watch the inter-club tournament in INA at the beginning of the year, thinking he was the elder Taufik. And boy, were they disapppointed!

=P

6. Al

Al Guest

Hey, I think you are not the only confused here. In fact, he (Taufiq junior) confused some IBF officials too. When he was entered for the world junior c'ship in China, some IBF officials said the title (men's singles) is for his taking as they mistook him for the more established, Taufik senior. After he failed to advance (I think lost in rd 16 or rd 8), there was no more hu-ha.

There is really not much of info about him because he is yet to be in the main team. As he has not taken part in any IBF sanction senior competition, that could be the reason why he has no id.

As to his name, I can't be sure whether it's Taufik or Taufiq. In most Indonesia's media, it's reported as Taufiq (Kompas, SinarHarapan, Bola, SatuSports) but it's Taufik (with K) in IBF. So which is which?

7. terence

terence Guest

intresting...so is he as good as the elder hidayat?