Another Stringing Video: Li Ning Aeronaut 9000C BG80 in 13 Minutes

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by xZhongCheng, Jan 25, 2024.

1. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Its been a while since I posted a stringing video here. I've went through maybe 4 different workflows throughout the years. I think this one will be the final one since I can do a racket in about 13 minutes haha.

I also stopped doing prestretching to see if that would reduce my stringing time and it saved me about 2-3 minutes. There were days where I didn't like waiting on the machine to stretch, release and pull again. So I decided to try without prestretching. To compensate I actually added a extra pound of tension to see if it would be any different. Based on how my own racket strings feel, its about the same as when I did 10% stretch. Ironically, I feel without prestretch the strings settled in a little better compared to before.

Never would I have imagined to be able to string a racket properly in 13 minutes but it happened. Not sure I can optimize my process anymore than I have. One can dream of getting a racket done in 11-12 minutes haha.

KBM424, Brunoille, thyrif and 5 others like this.
  2. Canadaguyy

Canadaguyy Regular Member

That’s really impressive! Your cross weaving is soooo good aswell. I saw the modu sticker on your machine so im assuming youre from Canada aswell?

xZhongCheng likes this.
  3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That was extremely efficient

xZhongCheng and kakinami like this.
  4. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Holy crap! Measuring by hand and getting those tails measured about perfect is amazing! Speed is pretty quick too! Amazing! Looks like a proper quality string job too! Sweet video! Arigato!

Sent from my SC-01L using Tapatalk

xZhongCheng and Cheung like this.
  5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Mate, that's unreal. 13 minutes including mounting, string cutting and even using extensions is just completely nuts. And what's most impressive: You just don't seem to be in any hurry. My OCD is having a party right now since there doesn't seem to be a single unnecessary move.

xZhongCheng, Cheung and kakinami like this.
  6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Amazing technique! Smooth, speedy, and everything spot on, no short cut. Just perfection.

7. xZhongCheng

Systems Analyst
    My cross weaving is terrible when stringing aerobite and ab boost.. haha. I think having a tough time with those strings trained me to weave so easily with other strings.

Yea, I am modu's dedicated stringer since they have opened.

The measuring took forever to get down specifically to each racket... On rackets like the jetspeed s10 or the Astrox 100zz, I can actually shorten the main string by around 10cm. But, many lower end yonex rackets I have to extend it by 10cm because of the head size and requested tension. There have been times where my tails were an inch long and it was a struggle to tie the knots.

When I was stringing it, I was trying to go super quick haha. Glad it doesn't look like I'm rushing. I got a little OCD too. This is probably why we enjoy the stringing process haha

Thanks! I am glad my quality didnt get sacrificed with speed.

kakinami and Cheung like this.
  8. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Just wondering, if you didn't preweave so many mains, would it shave any seconds off your time? Could you try to maybe preweave 1 main and see how your time is, basically try to have the tension head going all the time, instead of stopping and putting mains in. Just be as efficient as possible. You might have to do a few rackets before you time just to get a flow going, but since you are the most efficient stringer here now would like to challenge you to see if you can shave more time off while not sacrificing quality =)

Sent from my SC-01L using Tapatalk

9. xZhongCheng

Systems Analyst
    I actually use to do this before preweaving the mains. I don't think I'm quick enough to get the next main in as the string is being tensioned. It worked well when I used the wise tension head as it pulled much slower. After I got the ve50 I found when I preweaved the mains it was easy to pull the opposite side main to the tension head as it was releasing.

I am gonna keep practicing to see if I can shave it down to 12 minutes eventually haha

KBM424 and DarthHowie like this.
  10. ninja801

ninja801 Regular Member

thats amazing, ive learned a few tips and tricks. i like the hook that you use also, seems easier to do the shared holes

11. xZhongCheng

Systems Analyst
    I found the Hook on Aliexpress. Honestly one of the best tools I bought in the recent years

12. toy_cel

toy_cel Regular Member

Very fast weave on the crosses!
    do you have a link to buy the hook tool? thanks

KBM424 likes this.
  13. xZhongCheng

Systems Analyst
    I actually blanked out and thought you were referring to this hook here.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...order_list.order_list_main.107.f5cc18021cncbM

Their stuff is generally more expensive than others but I find the quality to be pretty good. Not sure if those extremely cheap places hold up as well. This one will help getting strings through the blocked grommets.

The hook I use on the shared holes is one I got from an old Prince Neos 1000 machine I bought from a sports store over 10 years ago. I am not sure if Aliexpress has something similar but its worth looking into.

toy_cel likes this.