APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Shadowz619

Shadowz619 Regular Member

one way to bypass a racquet's vibration prob is increasing the thickness of ur grip. any of the higher end racquets will have less vibration problems.. but i highly suggest the slayer 95 (doubles racquet) or the lethal 70 (singles racquet. and doubles only if u are very experienced).

2. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    apacs stern 200 --best double racket ! love it so much!

3. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

MY sells it for 90usd. Not exactly cheap given it's origin and suspected unreliable QC. In comparison, a yy arcsaber 008 is even cheaper than the VH.

4. theerac

theerac Regular Member

Marketing manager
    Thanks for the comment, it is good to hear from someone who at least tried them.

5. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Hello Txv611... $90 USD, crazy price!! I got it for almost 40% less than that what you are saying and also with Yonex string. However I bought more than one.

6. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

.. then the BP will change and the purpose of buying one model will be useless. APACS should do some research on how to reduce these vibration issues. For example, I have 84gm racket Dunlop Aero gel 2000; which says it has M-Fil at the 3 & 9 o'clock positions softens the impact. And it works. I do not feel any impact shock for hard smashes.

7. Mat Jie

Mat Jie Regular Member

that pays enough
    hello all apacs fans, just wanna know is there any review/info about the Stern 808 Power & Stern 909 Offensive. Can't seem to find it (if there's any)

8. tahawk

tahawk Regular Member

none
    just falling in love with my new edgesaber 10 white (pete gade cloning) .. when i just hold in my hand without playing, that feeling just same with other racket.. infact that weight still same than other.. but when i start swing all around, very oh my god.. my playing skill very improve suddenly.. better then my Z-spark n wrex100.. very worth for below rm100 racket..

9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

tahawk,
    What is the difference between the new edgesaber 10 white vs. the previous edgesaber 10 red color? What is string tension do you use? In fact, I find edgesaber 10 red to be worse than Z-spark & Z-slayer I own. I am not getting the power & stability like Z-Slayer.

10. tahawk

tahawk Regular Member

none
    Never use ES10 red before.. Never own it.. But big different between red n white is ES10 white can be strung until 35lbs.. That what apacs wrote at the shaft.. But on internet, many mention it just can be strung until 30lbs.. Im strung my racket with ace power nano 62 or something lyk dat.. It 0.64 on gauge.. 23 horizon n 25 vertical for tension.. The result, very superb for me..

11. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Haven't updated myself with APACS rackets for a while. Am wondering if Lethal 50, 60, 70, 90 and Tantrum 200, 300 are still their top-of-the-range rackets? Any good ones that have come out to challenge those models?

12. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I also got an Edgesaber 10 white and I must admit it's a wonderful racquet for the price!

I use it as a secondary racquet when I get tired because the shaft is somewhat flexible despite the fact it claims to be 8 - 9 on the flexibility level. This just happens to be a reason why it's secondary racquet... After an aggressive assault, the shaft doesn't have time to settle. If the opponent returns the smash and you are forced to make a quick return, the bird can end up flying anywhere!

13. RocKai

RocKai Regular Member

Hospitality
    I am (still) in love with my Armor Muscle Pro 90, with NBG 95 at 24lbs. It's a really good combo for decent smash and control. However, I cannot get the same feeling with my Tantrum 200 with BG65 at 26lbs. It might be obvious with the string tension as well but it seems it's stiffer than the AMP90.

14. Vicky Chips

Vicky Chips Regular Member

the higher the number, the more flexible it is. 8-9 is considered to be medium.

15. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I do not think it can be strung until 35 lbs.
    Red and White are 2 rackets with the same specs:

http://blog.badmintonbay.com/2010/12/apacs-edgesaber-10-white-badminton.html
    http://www.badmintonbay.com/product_info.php?products_id=138

-Indra

16. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Yes, they are still pretty much the best rackets, but you need to be at least an intermediate player (or even slightly above) to use them optimally. I own the Lethal 60 and it's arguably the best "power" racket out there. I'm planning to get the Tantrum 300 in the near future, as I think it will suit my style of play very well in doubles.

17. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    lethal 90 & 100 , latest one for lethal series...apacs also introduced their new series -- slayer (slayer88,95,99)

18. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

How popular is APACS in India?

19. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    No one has commented on Lethal 100 yet. I wonder how that compares to Lethal 70 & 90. Is any of those slayers any where close to either the Tantrum and Lethal?

20. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    I'm a big fan of Tantrum 200 but wonder how Tantrum 300 compares to it. Would love to hear from you once you have it :)