APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

So how do you know they were on spec before stringing and gripping? ;) Or have you measured it earlier? Based on your description earlier I've just read I'd say that Lethal 70 is on the headlight side maybe even under spec ... when unstrung and factory grip. Both actually ...

R.S.T. - Really Shouldn't Try :D

#3981 demolidor, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  2. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I suppose I'll never know what spec they were before, because the rackets came already strung and I've now removed the original grips. Regardless, the Lethal 70 is definitely more head heavy than the Tantrum 300, as per my previous descriptions. The Lethal 60 I currently own was the big surprise, since I've measured it to be more on the head light side (with my string/grip).

Anyway, perhaps I'm not measuring the balance points correctly? Can someone describe to me how exactly they personally measure balance points? I want to know what they actually balance it on etc.

I think R.S.T = Recommended String Tension

Regardless, specs don't matter as much as how you feel the racket plays in your hand. Seriously, I can't wait to use the Tantrum 300 again! I'm also going to work on my Lethal 70 a bit more - I suspect I need to change my smashing technique a little to reap the full benefits of a very stiff shaft and a 293mm balance point (with my string/grip). I thought the Lethal 60 would be identical to it, but as per my previous descriptions, its balance point comes in at about 281mm (with my string/grip) - 12mm difference!

3. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

The sp. for T300 is identical to T200! I am still having hard time to play with T200, the racket is definitely not for hard hitters.
    How the warring about racket wrapping is written in your T300?

4. Calvin789

Calvin789 Regular Member

-
    What the? T300 R.S.T 35lbs???

5. Vicky Chips

Vicky Chips Regular Member

Recommended Stringing Tension.

EDIT: That would be the max recommended :p

6. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Yes, I also have the bad grammar on the racket. Don't worry, it is genuine.

Perhaps the racket doesn't suit your style/technique? I am getting very powerful smashes with the Tantrum 300. Keep in mind it is quite a stiff racket (not quite as stiff as the Lethal) and also slightly head heavy. This means that you should be able to get quite a lot of power from it.

What is the balance point for your Tantrum 200? I'm talking about the balance point right now (with string/grip) for your own personal Tantrum 200.

I remember reading somewhere where someone was writing about the Lethal 70 being a pretty bad racket, and he mentions that the balance point only comes up at the start of the shaft. This sounded ridiculous - how can the balance point of a racket be at the start of a shaft? Surely the apacs quality control can't be that bad?

Anyway, I'm very happy with my Lethal 70 + Tantrum 300 purchase.

7. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

Personally find the t200 slow to whip. Probably due to the heavy weight.

8. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Lets talk abit of sense here lol ; whoever said the t200 is not for hard hitter must be playing at professional level with smash speed of 140mph+ which I truly doubt he is. The balance , weight , and the stiffness of that racket is made for aggressive attacking hard hitting player. One of my colleague is playing at county level who is nationally ranked in the top20 and in his own word he said ''This is a f*ckin beast of a racket you got here'' strung to 27lbs to be precise with BG65 . and I can say that his smashes were extremely hard. another point is that this racket would be hard to whip if you dont have the wrist strength

9. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Completely agree. I am actually getting more power with the Tantrum 300 than the Lethal 70. However, I suspect this is because the Lethal 70 is more stiff and much more head heavy - I'm confident I will be able to adapt to it though. Good to have two different excellent rackets anyway, as back-up for my Lethal 60.

10. Calvin789

Calvin789 Regular Member

-
    So i can put 30 lbs on T300 with no problem?

11. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

@ Staiger - You already mentioned in BC " Both Tantrum 200/300's are not very aerodynamic ..". My point is exactly the same - T200 is not aerodynamic. I think I was not able to make a meaningful comment for you. For hard hitters I think the that the racket should be aerodynamic. This will help the player to maintain his playing style without getting fatigue. I am talking about common regular players, not tournament / professional players! How many professional players do have time to reply in this forum? I am sure you know the answer, so why you put pointless questions about it have subsequently have doubts!!

12. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Yes that's correct.

13. Calvin789

Calvin789 Regular Member

-
    ok.. is there any racket better than T300 like EdgeSaber series?

14. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

I am just curious why these Tantrums ( my T200 is from Malaysia & Tantrum light Exclusive is from Canada and your recent T300), which are purchased from different places/sources has the same error. I have other rackets from APACS and the grammar is correct.
    My T200 has become a balanced one. I do not have a tool for precise measurements.
    No doubt T200 can generate lots of power. But for somebody who wants to fearlessly execute smashes one after another (I call them hard hitters), the T200 will be a difficult racket. People who broadcast that they are above average and others are amateurs got it totally wrong and thought I am bad mounting about Tantrum.

15. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Not sure about the grammar issue. By the way, I've also noticed that the grommet construction for the Tantrum 300 does not have "single pass" grommet holes to create more holes (or at least not as many as the Lethal 60/70).

That's interesting that your T200 is "balanced". Perhaps my T300 will be more "balanced" once I replace the grip with a slightly thicker one - the current grip is too thin (and tough/rubbery) for my liking.

With regards to power generation, different rackets will be different for different people. A racket which is "hard hitting" for one person may not be for another. For example, I can consistently generate more power with the apacs Lethal 60/70 and Tantrum 200/300 than anything Yonex offers. Of course, if you spend enough time "adapting" to a racket you find "difficult", you may surprise yourself.

16. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Hi txv611, how you are doing with your VH2000? Any idea if it will be somewhat similar to NS9000S ?

17. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Yes the t200 is not aerodynamic but it is still suitable for hard hitters. next time when you comment on a racket , pls specific the level of play and not just come up with some random quote like '' I am still having hard time to play with T200, the racket is definitely not for hard hitters.'

It sounded like you are speaking on behalf of all the badminton players ........

18. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    anybody knows what happen to APACS FURIOUS series??? which models are the replacement for this series?

19. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Hello Sir Staiger, I will be glad to obey your orders! We have been talking about T200/T300 and visible hollow etc. for few weeks over here. You might have been too busy to post few of your valuable suggestions/comments in this forum! I really apologize for hurting your feelings about T200. :p

20. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

sxg2009, were you the one who posted about the apacs Slayer 99 being better than the Tantrum 200/300? Anyway, what are your most favourite apacs rackets? I'm just curious...