APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. AT500Gravity

AT500Gravity Regular Member

which racke sld i get from apacs of the three(1/3):tantrum 200,lethal 50 and es 10.wats da clone for tantrum 200 and lethal 50 compared to yonex since i no es10 is clone of arcsaber10.wonderin wats da differ if im a power player.since es10 is 1/2 da price comapred to a tantrum 200 r a lethal 50.So want to make sure 1st b4 buyin
    want to add anyreviews other than dinks since i want more differ ppl reviews thx;)

2. racketmania

racketmania Regular Member

Hustler
    It's nano pro 9900 and not nano 9900 power if I'm not mistaken.....
    Or is there other version of nano power?????

3. adlim

adlim Regular Member

If I'm not wrong, it has been mentioned before that some range like Visible Hollow, Tantrum and Lethal are APACS' own production and not Yonex clones. So I guess there is no direct comparison to any Yonex rackets.

4. Pet shop boy

Pet shop boy Regular Member

designer
    My comments on my new Nano 9900 power.. A balance racket... have the weight to complete the smash n also the flexibility to defend and drive. Feel good.

5. AmourAce1000

AmourAce1000 Regular Member

marketing
    Nano 900 Power ( white )

Just bought a Nano900P white yesterday. i personally like this racquet very much, since initially i bought 1 red & 1 white on last year. after several practical test. i felt the white one is more "good handling". so, looking to get another 1 for spare. i bought this racquet only at RM85, without string & grib. since i got some place can string much more cheaper than that shop. BG 6 charge for RM24. Wow......Expensive.

6. deathscythe

deathscythe Regular Member

Corporate Services
    AmourAce1000, is tht the copy of Yonex AT900T? I bought one last nite for RM100 (incl strings & grip) in Puchong. They hv a promo now, RM199 buy 1 free 1. So, my fren bought Nano 900 P (black), copy of AT900P. Will test it out today.

7. AT500Gravity

are apac own lineof rackets better than their clone rackets from yy?
    i dont get it n im confused.
    so is lethal 50 better than a clone racket since its 1/2 of the price of an avg racket like $68.
    r is clone racket better than lethal 50...
    plz list da clone rackets that r better than lethal 50 since its quite $$$;)

8. AT500Gravity

of the three own line:vh,lethal,tantrum which series wld yu perfer to me if im better offersive then defensive,love to smash when there is chance,play single.R any clone tht is an avg price of 68$ would do fine so i can buy 2same clone racekts 4 a price of a lethal 50:)

9. AT500Gravity

gettin a tantrum 200 .wat string color sld i put on it?

10. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Stop spamming everywhere.....

It's your racquet..you're the one who picks colours for it!!!

11. AmourAce1000

AmourAce1000 Regular Member

marketing

Yes. Apacs Nano900P (white & Red) are clone from YY AT900T & AT900P. these racquets had been discussed many times in this room, and have a very positive comments. So, beli & cuba saja. Mostly the selling price around Klang Valley are around that range, its depend what sort of package their offer. the 1st time i beli is RM99/pc, apacs string & grip. some place are selling at RM139.90, BG66 & YY grip. Anyway, these racquet perfomance varies upon different user. i wish you like & enjoy the game with apacs racquet. :);)

12. cchloh

cchloh Regular Member

architect

if you are leaning towards offensive play, I'd recommend it. The smash impact and sound with BG80 is impressive. Nonetheless it is not so bad of defensive racquet either if you possess some mucle power. It may not suitable for ladies since it weight 87-90g with grip it could be close to 100g or more.

also, if you pay attention to the spec., Apacs has come a long way to produce one of their own kind of high end products.

13. AT500Gravity

im pretty sureboth lethal 50 and tantrum 200 racktes 4 high end rackets from apacs...
    but is vh1800 also a high end racket?
    want more details bout the vh1800
    thx

14. weinsteinium

weinsteinium Regular Member

Not exactly sure what you are asking. If you are asking whether it is as expensive as the Lethal 50 and Tantrum 200 the answer is, "Definitely not!"

If you are asking about it's relative location within it's own line, "it's the top of the visible hollow line"

If you are asking whether it is a high quality racquet made from good material with a very nice feel and good durability the answer is, "Yes! It uses 40 tonne Torray graphite, can be strung to 30lbs and was rated as Excellent in frame feel and frame stability by DinkALot."

As for why it's less expensive, there are probably a couple of reasons, it's an older model so the prices on them have probably dropped since it was first introduced. It probably uses less expensive technology. The Lethal 50 has a woven head and woven racquets tend to be more expensive. The Tantrum 200 has a new, "Vaccum Intensive Frame" which is probably expensive by it's very nature and because it's new.

15. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Has anyone strung their apacs racket 30lbs+?

16. AT500Gravity

o thx weinsteinium for da review n differences
    but im wondering if vh1800 is also a high end racket from apacs?

17. cchloh

cchloh Regular Member

architect
    i don't know how high end VH1800 but it cost about 30% less than Tantrum 200 as of now 15 Apr 09.

I personally would prefer to say each individual player has it own zones/ preferences as far as the weight of the racquet ( both offensive & defensive ), type of string, and the tension on the string. Therefore, it is hard to label certain racquet to be perfect or good for everyone across the board among thousands of players.

Anyway, once you found a perfect racquet for your style then you might play in a more accurate, cleaner and more efficiently amid playtime . Likewise enjoying the games too.

18. AT500Gravity

thx gonna get neither a vh1800 r amp 90
    not sure yet
    which one is slightly mroe head heavy but yet maneuer to move around too fast for defense.:)
    i want a balenced racket
    ratein-mroe offensive 60%then defensive30% 0.o
    one fo the two- amp 90 r vh1800
    single player
    and is apac rackets good for tournametns r only rec plays?

19. cchloh

cchloh Regular Member

architect
    here is my suggestion, you may research the products line from APACS such as "power concept" - I'm not sure somehow about 2 yrs ago one of our young club member has bought power concept 1050 ( this one definately a balance racquet ).

On racquets you or anyone chooses to use in tournaments or recreational plays , I'd say it is really personal choice and to be honest w/ you I have not come across so far or heard where tournament officials disqualify players based on their choices of racquets. This is getting so out of track.:confused:

20. weinsteinium

weinsteinium Regular Member

I have an AMP90 and a VH1800. I think that they are about the same for defense. The AMP90 is stiffer than the VH1800 so it's a matter of taste which one you would like more.