Arc Saber 10 & AT900P/AT900T

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by WangZi, Dec 15, 2008.

1. WangZi

WangZi Regular Member

Hi im intrested in buying a Arc Saber 10. I am intrested in what you guys think in which one is best and the big diffrence if there is between the 3u version and the 2u version other than the wieght, and how much you can tighten the string.

----

Last question is I want to get a racket that is a good offense. the AT900P(3u) and the AT900T(3u) are my choice. Ive done searchs in the fourms and outside of the fourms. The only main diffrence i hear is that the AT900T is better mobility. which one do you guys think i should get?

btw i am getting these rackets for my brother for xmas so i can try to answer questions about his playa nd which ones he might want most etc..

thank you.

2. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

mate, no such thing as "best" some people like 2u some people like 3u...

As for offense between the AT900T vs AT900P the P will give oyu more power. BUT the T also has good power, more than the ARC10... so up to you how much offense you want... you should try them both out...

3. Burger_King

Burger_King Regular Member

nothing at the moment
    If you want offense then go with the armortec 900p, though if you want defense and power you can go with arc 10 or 900t. Some people get more power out of the arc saber 10 then the armortec 900t. I have both the armortec 900t and arc saber 10, both are good, but i get more power out of the arc saber 10.

4. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Not only do the racquet is considered when determining power, the type of string is also an important factor. Different string feels different and performs different.

5. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    How tight can you have the strings? I would say that if you really wanted to for any of those rackets, you could string them at tensions higher than your brother could play with.

I would recommend the ARC10. I personally, find it more powerful than either of the AT900s so it would be my choice. Be warned though, the Arc10 isn't an easy racket to play with.

6. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    People adapt to racquets differently. I, for one, can play well with Arc10 but is having trouble with AT900T. Arc10 provides me with very controllable power and accuracy while AT900T just can't do the same with me. But then, string tension may have been the problem as well because I have different tension on both of them.

7. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Comparing both with the same specs and strung at a preferred tension,AT900T still works better on me.But if strung at lower tension,i'll feel less power transferred in every hits,unlike ARC10,which is more repulsive even on lower tension.For me,i don't like playing below 25..so,sometime i just restring them when the tension is dropping to below than 25.

8. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    arcsaber10 will give numb sensation on low tension....

9. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Not really... I found mine very powerful when smashing. You can feel the birdie as it shoots out...:D

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    It's not the string nor racket, it's the skill/technique.

I too have these rackets as well and don't have this issue. I do mainly use my ARC7 thou instead of the two.

11. RSX

RSX Regular Member

I could not agree more. A racquet will not significantly improve your game, you just need to find one that complements your style/strengths. I find customers focus too much on racquets and am reluctant to recommend a specific racquet.

Just get a decent racquet, a good pair of shoes and practice / lessons !!

12. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    not forgetting the shuttles lol:p:D:D:D:D

13. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    I agree that my skill/technique is not as good because my overly large body (no aerodynamics), but I mainly uses Arc10 and NS8000 interchangeably. It may be that I still have not gotten used to the Armortec functions and technologies.:p

Oh yes, the reason for me to mention tension may be the problem is that my Arc10 is strung at 21X23, NS8000 strung at 22X24, and AT900T strung at 24X26, which makes each of them provide different feel.;)

14. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

Switching between rackets is not a good idea if you want to improve. You should stick to one model.

15. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I have to agree. Stick with one and use it.

I mainly use with ARC7 even thou I can use the three rackets I can use 3 other racket (NS9KS, AT900T, ARC10) which I switch to once a while.

16. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    I do stick with one model, but I also want to try the others as well. When I said interchangeably, I meant that I can play well with both, not that I bring both with me. I mainly uses Arc10, secondary is NS8000 and I will use it if both Arc10 of mine are out. AT900T is a "practice" racquet for the moment.

#16 Gemcat, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  17. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

Oh ok, makes sense...

you gave me the impression that in the first set you'll use a ARC10 and then change to a NS8000 in the 2nd set... =)

18. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Haha... I'm not very well at expressing myself so I usually confuses others...:D:D