Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Armortec 250 -> Apacs Slayer 660?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Felan, May 16, 2014.

1. Felan

Felan New Member

May 15, 2014
    I will also use this thread to say 'hi', as this is my first post here: hi, BadmintonCentral! :) To the point: I have an elbow problem. It's a bit more complicated than that, but let's just say I cannot use much strength with my right hand, as it causes a lot of pain. This does not only concern badminton, of course - sometimes even playing guitar causes it. I'm not looking for advice on this - I've already sought professional medical advice and I know what's going on. So, currently I'm using Armortec 250 as my main racket. I'm looking for something lighter and less head-heavy - if my doctor is right, this COULD make the pain go away (you can't be 100% certain, but I think it's wort a shot). I'd love some good control, as with my condition I can only afford to smash hard once in a while; so drops, drops, and some more drops maybe. Medium flex seems reasonable, then. Another thing - I don't want to spend much money on the racket, I just can't afford it with my typical Polish salary ;) So, if I was to put my Yonex down, sell it or make it wait for a medical miracle on my part, would Apacs Slayer 660 (this one) be a good choice? It's definitely lighter and less head-heavy; also, with the high string tension I could even smash nicely sometimes. And the price is great; I could afford a little bit more, but if that racket is alright, then why would I...? Especially that I'll also have to cover the international shipping. I'd really appreciate some advice here; there are thousands of rackets to choose from and I'm quite lost in all this. Thanks in advance, guys! Felan