Astrox 55 vs Windstrom 72

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Chathura, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Chathura

Chathura Regular Member

Hi all
    I have an astrox 55. Very much happy with the power control and the speed of the racket. I really like the fact that it is less weight but still powerful. now I am planing to buy another racket as the back up and I am seriously considering windstrom72 since it is much lesser in weight and also shaft flexibility is high. I think it will we even easier to handle. Anyway I am aboulutly satisfied with AX 55 and I am wondering whether to buy another AX55 or WS72. Price wise both are same in our country. Can you all give your feedbacks on this lease rackets and help me to take my buying decision pls

2. adrd2

adrd2 Regular Member

student
    Windstorm 72 is light but quite stiff I think, not as much power but quicker for defence etc. Only played with it a few times but it’s a good racket IMO. Was actually thinking of getting the Astrox 55 instead, is the Astrox 55 stiff or more medium flex?

3. Chathura

Chathura Regular Member

I used to play with N9ii and NF700. Both are medium flex. N9ii is very powerful and NF700 is fast. But both rackets were broke unfortunately. After that actually I was looking for a one which has both qualities of the above 2 rackets. I went to the shop to buy AX 77 and accidentally I saw the AX 55 in the shop. It felt lighter than AX77 and also felt good on the hand. I took a risk and bought AX55. Damn...I am so glad that I took that risk, AX55 gives everything I want. It’s fast, but it doesn’t lack in power like NF700. Though N9ii is a power house, I can generate more power with AX55 since the swing speed is faster I guess. Most significant thing of AX55 for me is it’s incredible control in net play. It’s a great all round racket and in my case this is the racket I enjoy the most.
    In terms of flex, yes it doesn’t feel soft on the hand. But in the actual play, I don’t feel any discomfort. It’s similar to N9ii and NF700 flexibility I guess. As per my experience, thought it feels bit stiff in the dry swing, in actual play the shaft flexes with the swing. I think it is one of the AX series technology. It can be felt. It acts as stiff when you play net shots (which gives you much better control) and it flexes when you play full swing smashes.

4. Apacs UK

Apacs UK Regular Member

Hey its been a long time but broke both my AX55. What racket have you moved on to that was most like the AX55?

Thank you