Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Becoming a Pro Stringer - UK

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Andy05, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Student
    Hiya all

I am wondering what I would need to become a stringer at major tournaments in the UK?
    I am an experienced stringer 3+ years and I currently work as a stringer at an online store where I do 50+ racquets a week. I use Drop-Weight (at home) and Crank and Electronic at work. I do Tennis, Squash and Badminton (started in Badminton :))

I was looking into taking a UKPRSA Pro Stringing qualification (I think that's what its called) but I don't know if this will help me become a professional stringer. The £249 course with grip re-sizing and things seems very Tennis orientated and although I would do this, it seems a bit redundant when Pro players are getting their racquets supplied to them in a personalised manner. I don't mean to sound negative about the course as I don't know anyone that has taken it.

Cheers