Best stringer in Metro Manila

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by kevindd992002, Jan 13, 2023.

1. kevindd992002

kevindd992002 Regular Member

Engineer
    Can anyone here recommend the best stringer in Metro Manila? I just bought a Victor Thruster F Enhanced edition racket and I'm planning to have it strung with a Yonex BG80 (of Victor VBS-68, if it's even available here) and I'm looking for a stringer that's known to know what he's doing and hopefully uses a digital stringing machine.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. TSchops

TSchops Regular Member

I think Juego in Alabang HAD a digital machine, I don't know which one is there now. They also had a guy there who said he was Yonex trained and was the one stringing for the BWF/ASEAN tournaments that were held in Muntinlupa. But I have not seen him there lately. He strung a few of my rackets and seemed ok. I did not check though if he was pulling individual strings like they should. He may just be at another branch. He might be at one of the Yonex outlets - there's one in SM Megamall I think.

There were other people in Juego who also do stringing but you have to check if they really pull each string individually or they shortcut by hand stringing then doing the pull...

Interested to know if you're able to find a good one in the MM area as well. Please share if you find one who does it properly.

3. kevindd992002

kevindd992002 Regular Member

Engineer
    Do you know his name? I just had my new racket strung at Yonex Megamall because someone recommended the stringer there. They also do pre-weaving which sucks. All stringers here usually have other staff pre-weave for them since they can save time that way, so more rackets done. I also hate the attitude of the stringer there but I guess I have no choice. They use a digital stringing machine which is good but their labor fee is high at P200.

4. TSchops

TSchops Regular Member

Sorry I don't remember his name... He was a nice guy though. I think the P200 is about standard for stringing. Some people actually recommended Toby's to me before but I never tried for badminton rackets.

Usually have my rackets strung with hybrid tension so if they're doing it wrong they need at least 2 pulls hehehehe.

If you find a good one please post it here.