Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Buying my first stringing machine and need to be able to do 30+ lbs

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by orberen, Jan 27, 2013.

1. orberen

orberen Regular Member

Aug 21, 2012
    As the title says I'm going to be buying my first stringing machine and need a lot of help. I've already read a good handful of threads on badminton central about stringing machines (mainly the sticky threads but also a few others)

Anyways as the title says I need help on what I would need to buy to start stringing.

So far What I understand is that I need a machine with 6 points for stringing past 30lbs.

From what I read I would prefer to grab a drop weight machine but I'm not sure which model would be a good one stringing past 30lbs. suggestions?

Unless you guys think badminton specific stringing machines overall much better I wouldn't mind getting a general purpose stringing machine for all racket sports (I play and have friends that play tennis and squash)

Also which accessories do I need to string? from what I read It seems I need:
    - 2 hi qua clamps
    - 2 yonex clamps
    - string mover
    - badminton AWL

Is there any I am missing?

I live in Canada so most likely I'll be ordering from a US site.
    and I would like the budget for the total (machine + acessories) to fall in the $300-500 range unless you guys advise that I should spend more.

I should probably note I'm mainly only gonna be stringing for myself, my brother and a few friends.
  2. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Have a look at a few stringing videos and see what they are using. If you have fixed clamps then the flying clamps aren't needed. I would also add a starting clamp and a decent pair of snips to your list.