Chen Long ( 谌龙 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by robin7, Nov 6, 2007.

1. ahming

ahming Regular Member

why malaysia cannot accpet lcw lost? lcw is a very good player
    but he is a human after all, he is 29 right now, cl just 22 no wonder how good he is
    in the future sure one day cl will beat him, that is the reality.
    please stop said those stupy reasons and excuses
    nobody is unbeaten after all.

2. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

we malaysians do not feel strongly only against other races, non-bumiputras by campaigning to get them out of the country and insisting that the country doesn't need them. now we would also like to apply the same idealogy here with badminton. that's the Boleh spirit. or the 1Malaysia + Boleh spirit that's been quite evident here in this forum.

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

The Japan Open final was very close. Two talented professionals played and one won.... regardless of how they got there. (Surely Chen Long had no say in any skulduggery that may or may not have happened with his semi-final)

From what I have seen in the past, I liked Chen Long. Tall yet quick. Talent well balanced between defence and offence. And keeps composed ... most of the time. It is no surprise that he can beat anyone in badminton on a given day.

However the ridiculous celebration sprint after the win, then shaking hands with his opponent and officials only as an afterthought, was not so classy. Perhaps if it was in China with a pumped-up crowd it would have been understandable. Chalk up this lapse of courtesy to youthful exuberance. :eek:

At any rate, let us hope that politeness can still be the norm among all the professionals and that nationalism among we BC fans does not ruin the fun we have watching them. :)

4. ahming

ahming Regular Member

from many malaysian mind set. datuk won't lost
    if lcw lose then will be a lot of excuse , reasons bla bla bla bla
    why dont admit cl play better today???
    i can see cl improve so much compare to this year malaysia open.
    he deserve the win. well done cl

5. vixter

vixter Regular Member

I totally agree with all of this. The ending of this match didn't give a good feeling. Not only the celebrating, but also the influencing of line judge and then not even waiting for reaction from chair umpire, just immediate running to the coach... Oh Chen Long... :mad:

And more respect should be payed to such a great champion like Lee Chong Wei, who was totally ignored.

6. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Uhm, have you heard about seeding? A draw cannot be arranged after some kind of objective judgement of player's strenght, or as you would say it "put the best chinese players in different halves of the draw". Chen Long was seeded no3!! Only if two chinese players are seeded 1 and 2, they can be guaranteed of not meeting earlier than in the final.

This is a disgraceful behaviour towards fans and opponents. The fans pay money to watch these amazing players and expect semi finals to be played. It is also disrespectful against opponents. It is not sportsmans-like.

And just to clarify, I actually liked Chen Long and wanted him to win the final. But the end of the final left a bitter taste.

7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Re the celebration i actually look at it the other way.
    CL's celebration was a compliment to LCW. after all it's only a SS title, one of the many yearly.
    That’s mean so much to CL because he knew how difficult to beat the world No 1, one of the best.
    if after the final point he just came over to shake hand made it all 'matter of factly' that it was mine in the bag and may be said something like 'try harder next time'. that would really hurt.

8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Some info for you, as you do not seem to know about the change they made to the rules of the draw:

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BWF_Super_Series

"Nationality separation

Starting in 2007, players from the same nation are not separated in the main draw of the tournaments. All but the top two seeds will not be divided into two draws as they were before. The top Chinese player Lin Dan has criticized the rule change. 2010 onwards saw rules altered with nationality separation in the first round."

9. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    Any advantage CL got from the semi would not have matched his disadvantage in playng back to back tournaments all the way to final. LCW struggled against Tago and lost to CL, his fans must be slightly worried

10. vixter

vixter Regular Member

I didn't know about the rule, but it doesn't change the way I feel about the issue though. I think the draws should be random with seeds according to ranking and no consideration for nationality. Just as it is now then, I presume? And I think all matches should be played, unless a player is injured or other personal reason. I don't think it's nice if top ranked players withdraw from big matches in latter stages of tournament with the underlying mission of resting/helping out countrymate.

11. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Believe me, LCW didn't take this behaviour as a compliment...

12. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

believe me, he did

when u've only been beaten twice before this yr, u better believe someone is gona make a big deal if they beat u.

13. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I agree, that is why i think they should either implement rules to avoid "internal" matches or try to take incremental steps to individualize the sport more, and move away from national federation thinking.

14. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I believe Chen long walk over Lin dan in the semi final give Chen Long the extra rest and also more energy against Lee Chong Wei .. What a win finally for China.. now we as china fans will be relief there will be life after Lin Dan retire next year .. Yes,,, Zhong Guo dui jia you!

15. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    HI everyone,

So chen long again beat Lee Chong wei in the Danish open finals, so that can't be just lee chong wei not playing at his fullest. I believe Chen Long became another hurdle for Chong Wei after lin dan, and I also think Chen Long can be one of those hot favorites for London Olympics, because he has everything, height, fitness, shots, and now some experience too.

I had the priviledge to play with him in the Asian Junior Championships 2007 where he won against Arif in the finals. back then Arif looked better than him, but now there's no way to compare these two guys. Good luck to both :)

16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Big congrats to CL. Although a bit surprise how quickly he has improved, I always like this guy. Seems down to earth and friendly, but more importantly he will rule MS in the near future.

17. Perfektion

Perfektion Regular Member

Does anyone know what shoes Chen Long uses ? They look REALLY nice!

18. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    The Third Eye sees everything.......

Muahaha.

CL: The next LCW

19. icecoldcoke

icecoldcoke Regular Member

why is chen long such a giant killer now? I don't really see any changes in his game..

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Will Chen Long be World No.1 soon?

What I like about Chen Long is; He does it (killing giants), not just talks about it. ;););)

All eyes will be on CL at the 2011 French Open this week. And could he be World No.1 soon?